• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Hope That CWT Is Prepared For Swift Coaching Changes If Needed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

So slick would rather have a paper champion that has good numbers but loses then a proven winner.  CCB has won multiple division titles in the NFL and gone to the Super Bowl.  I dont give a F how we win as long as we win!  I think Slick would rather have a guy like Skip here, or how about we be like the Jets, Carolina, or Arizona who have good def numbers yet suck where it matters in Wins.  I mean hell look at Washington, NE, Indy, and the Giants from 2012 they were all at the bottom in yards/game, passing d, Total d but I do believe they were all pretty good in the Wins category.  Sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole story but wins are finite.  In Football there are three outcomes, win lose or tie.  If you are winning who gives a crap about what the numbers say?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

So if the defense finishes in the lower half of whatever league you play, FIRE THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

2 top 10 teams in 11 seasons. The rest abysmal. All we need are excuses for the other 9 years.

Oh please, the NFL is an unforgiving place. If the guy wasn't a competent coach he wouldn't have been a coodinator for so long. A coodinators job in the NFL isn't exactly comparable to managing the local Wendys.

Oh please. One person had him characterized as a Al Davis 'yes' man. Obviously he's here due to networking and not success on the gridiron.

Big deal. That same guy characterized John Fox and Rob Ryan as Al Davis yes men. I would take either as a DC in a heart beat. Fox is one of the best head coaches in the NFL.

The point is that to talk about firing a coach even before he even steps onto a practice is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. If that was the case why bother to hire him and spend over $300K.

Let's see what he does before getting ready to fire him first.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wow, a negative view of the new coaching staff by Slick. Who would have thunk it?

Staff? :facepalm:

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Wow, a negative view of the new coaching staff by Slick. Who would have thunk it?

Staff? :facepalm:

:facepalm:

pretty much describes the whole thread

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what a tough crowd

hard to believe he would have made such a bad decision

i am sure the dc will do just fine as long as we recruit the talent

it is sad we are competing  in the second tier of college football

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

what a tough crowd

hard to believe he would have made such a bad decision

i am sure the dc will do just fine as long as we recruit the talent

it is sad we are competing  in the second tier of college football

NOW I have seen everything. Steve being the voice of reason.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Oakland Raiders Defense Rank

1998 #20

1999 #16

2000 #9

2001 #19

2002 #6

2003 #25

But wait, he really sucked because under his leadership from 2000 to 2001 they dropped from #6 to #19 and from #6 to #25 From 2002 to 2003. However, he wasn't a good DC in those other years when his defenses improved into the to 10 in those other years. Ok. Got it. It only counts when the teams are going in the wrong direction.

Before anyone starts firing anyone prior to stepping on a practice field it is probably a good idea to understand what was going on that led to the poor statistics.

I am a lifelong Raider fan. Beginning from preparation for the Super Bowl, the night before the Super Bowl, during the Super Bowl and pretty much the following year (2003), Bill Callahan showed what a complete moron as a head coach he was. In 2003 the entire Raider locker room and team was in complete disarray. After the head coach publicly states that he has "the dumbest team in the NFL" and the locker room becomes a zoo you can't put anything that happened with that team and situation on Breshnahan.

That same year (2003) the Raiders were #27 in the league in passing offense. Their QB coach must have been pretty crappy too. I hope their team is ready to fire him. Some guy named Jim Harbaugh.

oh no

callahan is new oc for cowboys

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Nick Saban sucked in Miami too.... Last time I looked Bama fan was ok with it.... Not saying he's Saban but you can't compare NFL and CFB. Also.... The current players like him which is a far cry from last season where they almost weren't speaking to the staff.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Dumb thread... Headhunting... Lets see what happens first yeah??