• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Maybe everyone on the Bullspen can chip in $20 bucks or so and see if we can raise enough $$ to name it the Bullspen Complex.

Isn't that already the name of the condition we all develop after being on here long enough?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

I agree with the others... USF Athletics is looking for someone to pony up $100K probablly at a minimum to slap their name on one of the stadiums. Probablly $100K for the baseball field, and $100K for the softball field... $200K total.

Maybe everyone on the Bullspen can chip in $20 bucks or so and see if we can raise enough $$ to name it the Bullspen Complex.

Pretty sure the Gonzmart family (of Columbia Restaurant fame) put up $250K just to have the plaza out in front of the stadium get their name.  Would expect that to get a field named after you would be more than that.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

NFL stadium naming going for $1.5 mill per year 10 years ago. Probably double that now.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I don't know numbers for sure, but I would assume it would take a million per stadium.

For baseball, they are calling it Red McEwen Field, which will quickly refer to just the field when someone steps up for the naming rights for the stadium.

I agree the field at softball named after Ken would be awesome and appropriate (if not now, at some point in the future), and given the long contract he just signed, we can hope there are many more wins to come.

Remember, don't compare to NFL stadium, where the name is sold. The name will be given to a donor in appreciation of a gift. So that 1 to 2 million gets you the name for the life of the stadium.

The Sun Dome, on the other hand, they are trying to sell the right to a corporate buyer.

For smaller gifts, you can still name a row of seats, I think it is $10k, call Eric if interested.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Dont know exactly how much they would get for the naming rights to a college baseball or softball stadium, but worth a shot I guess. I think baseball should stay "Red McEwen Field."

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with the idea of naming the softball field after Coach Eriksen.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with the others... USF Athletics is looking for someone to pony up $100K probablly at a minimum to slap their name on one of the stadiums. Probablly $100K for the baseball field, and $100K for the softball field... $200K total.

It's in the millions.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's in the millions.

How much would it cost to name the bull pens after TheBullsPen.com I wonder???

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's in the millions.

I would definitely contribute to that.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It's in the millions.

Love the idea