• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Holston SG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

@Jordan_Fair: Oldsmar Christian 2014 6'4 SG Troy Holston has decided he will stay in Florida. Down to 2: USF and Miami. Decision in the coming weeks.

Who is Jordan Fair?

His coach

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

@Jordan_Fair: Oldsmar Christian 2014 6'4 SG Troy Holston has decided he will stay in Florida. Down to 2: USF and Miami. Decision in the coming weeks.

Who is Jordan Fair?

His coach

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This guy is likely to be committed somewhere in the next 7 days and as I said, it will be very, very disappointing if USF can't get a hometown kid to play for them. There is no doubt that Miami and Jim Larranaga has gotten the best of USF and Stan Heath of late on the recruiting front. However Larranaga is not Billy Donavon and Miami is not the Florida Gators. As I said in the past and as Heath is showing with his deep concentration on the state of Florida the last couple of years, it is critical that USF get some of the better basketball talent in the state for their program. If Heath is ever going to build, win, and maintain a winning program at USF, the local talent needs to wear the green and gold.

Troy Holston is a tremendous offensive talent that frankly USF is a little lucky to have so close to the program. Over the past year there have been some high profile visitors to the campus that at one time seriously considered the Bulls as they were coming off the NCAAT run. However those guys have either dropped USF from consideration or already committed elsewhere after that dreadful last season, including SG Adonys Henriquez committing to Miami. Btw he is on twitter hinting at Holston committing to the Hurricanes a week from now. Interesting considering they play the same position, but that is what Florida kids do, they recruit other players, namely their basketball buddies. Of course Chris Perry is doing the same for USF, at least I hope so.

2015 prospect SJ Williamson came to USF camp with Holston this weekend and it looks like he's going to decide between USF and Miami as well as the two players are pretty close. Williamson is also a very good talent as well, and will have his time to shine next year on the AAU circuit. He plays for Chucky Atkins at Evans and his friends former teammates of Chris Perry and DreKalo Clayton.

Hoping for a great visit tomorrow by Holston.

Edited by Vega

***UPDATE***

Holston had a great visit to USF.

Troy's Mother

Monique Greene â€@bballmama95 

Thank you to Stan Heath and the USF coaching staff for being so accommodating today.

Troy Holston â€@HoopTillDeath23 

Great visit at #USF !!!!

Q&A with Troy

Troy, you have a chance to do something Really Special that many basketball players dream of,which is play for the D1 Hometown School. You have a chance to capture the heart of a city and area that includes over 4 million people that reside in the Greater Tampa Bay Area and be a role model at USF...
"Appreciate it boss"

USF's staff is the best equipped to prepare you for the NBA. NBA players that new USF assistant Mike Wells has worked with: Barkley, Drexler, Pippen, Olajuwon, Kobe, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Wall. Get to meet Mike today?
"Yes I love coach Wells!"

How was your USF Campus visit, and what are some of the things you love about our school? Anybody you connect with on team and looking forward to playing with?
"It was great! Loved the campus and all of the new facilities."

Troy Holston wins the Source Award for breakout player of the summer
http://www.sourcehoops.com/best-of-summer-class-of-2014/

Jack LeGwin â€@jacklegwin 

Troy Holston said today that USF showed him a lot. He enjoyed his visit a lot. Will visit Miami on Saturday.

Had a great talk with Troy Holston. Great player with a great head on his shoulders. Will make an impact wherever he goes. @HoopTillDeath23

Maybe some good news for USF was that late yesterday Miami picked up a commitment from Washington D.C. guard James Palmer. That's 2 guards they have committed for the 2014 class. The other one is highly rated SG Adonys Henriquez out of Orlando.

Troy Holston will be the only guard that USF will sign for the 2014 class if he commits to them.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

This can only help:

Alex Kline â€@TheRecruitScoop 39m

On Monday, Miami landed 2014 G James Palmer & Alabama landed 2014 F Riley Norris, who are versatile & underrated - http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1532965 â€¦

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Got reminded by a friend that I watched him play at Wharton a couple of years back. All I remember is crazy athleticism, and a broke jump shot. And a cool flat top.

Oh and if it makes anyone feel better, Chase Litton barely even played.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Aaron Holmes thinks he's headed to USF.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Just checked Holston's Twitter (no, I'm not following...just curious for some insight).

Seems like a grounded kid, with a Twitter page void of anything vulgar.  Maybe I'm too old, but that's a nice change of pace from some other pages I've seen.

Hope he stays home...we need him a lot more than UM, and he would look great in the backcourt.

Health has some really good young talent, if they pan out.  Good see our best program span in decades (in my time at USF, we had Dobras & Shahid...not a bad bunch).

Just checked Holston's Twitter (no, I'm not following...just curious for some insight).

Seems like a grounded kid, with a Twitter page void of anything vulgar.  Maybe I'm too old, but that's a nice change of pace from some other pages I've seen.

Hope he stays home...we need him a lot more than UM, and he would look great in the backcourt.

Health has some really good young talent, if they pan out.  Good see our best program span in decades (in my time at USF, we had Dobras & Shahid...not a bad bunch).

I agree and I think it has a lot to do with his mother who is an active Twitter user and very involved with her son' recruitment. His HS coach also has done a great job too of keeping people informed about the going on with Holston.

Aaron Holmes thinks he's headed to USF.

Yeah he's 99.9% sure, lol

I'll feel better if Holston never takes that trip to The U. Don't trust that place.