• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

UF is on the downturn for a fact! The fact that much amp couldn't come in and win and has struggled with URBAN MEYERS recruits shows that if he can't do it with Urbans he's probably not gonna do it. That'd be like whoever took over for saban if they didn't have some success in the first two years considering how good alabamans recruiting is year in and year out, it'd all be downhill after that.

The funny thing abou teams that try to say that they have a "history" of winning is that there's nothing special about that, so do about 20 other schools in the country. IE look as USC, PENN state...Notre Dame, all have as much as history as your can have, all irrelevant for the most part last few years

Ummm, didn't ND play for the National Championship last year?  Or year before?

Truth is, those schools will have a leg up on schools like USF, UCF, TCU...even Lville for a long time.  Coaches, playing time, trajectory of programs, geography...those are some factors that help the less established firms (plus...they can only take SO many).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Personally I get the whole OOOO i got a Florida offer excitement! But if I were him I would look at it this way? Why commit to a team who has offered you this late in the game meaning you were obviously way lower on their list? If a team isn't investing in you during recruiting you're probably one of the last guys on their radar and they will likewise be focusing on developing a lot of other players ahead of you. And on the flip side you have another team who has been with you from the getgo, who will feature you from the start? It becomes about do you wanna make a name for yourself or just hang your hang your hat on what past players have done (which with mis champ doesn't look like its going back that way either) but either way wishing porter luck with his decision it's a big one.

Hopefully he knows that UF is turning over all rocks, and could as easily pass on him if another fish takes the bait, too.

Kids are transferring OUT of Florida at a higher than average rate...there's a REASON for that.

Kids also haven't shown the slightest bit of hesitancy in committing to them this year. There's a reason for that too.

Jtrue, I'm not sure how you know kids aren't hesitating at UF.  Cook left them, and a DB recently decommitted.  We have no idea how many others passed on UF for other schools.  Looks like they have about 20 commits, so they have room.  Expect they are looking hard to poach...that they are looking at USF guys may make you wonder if they don't feel like they can steal from bigger fish (counterpoint: recently flipped from UM and Zona).

I'll rephrase, "Though kids may or may not have hesitated more than in past years, UF shows no signs of not being able to replace them with equally rated talent resulting in a class that will be rated, at worst, top 20 by the services."

ESPN #8

Rivals #10

Scout #13

24/7 #15

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Guys, GENERALLY (yes, there have been and will continue to be exceptions, no need to point them out to me), UF (and certain other schools) will have its pick of the litter, assuming the recruit wasn't raised in Tampa or as a USF fan.  The reasons for this are simple: tradition, success, notoriety, etc.  

I'm not offended by it (I would be if, say, he'd decommitted for Central), because I recognize and appreciate that USF will have to develop into that kind of program over time.  In the meantime, I hope Porter and others see the value of being a big fish in a little pond, and decide to stay.  And I think CWT has the right mindset - compete for all of them.  But that doesn't mean he expects to get all of them.  Nor do I.

Personally I get the whole OOOO i got a Florida offer excitement! But if I were him I would look at it this way? Why commit to a team who has offered you this late in the game meaning you were obviously way lower on their list? If a team isn't investing in you during recruiting you're probably one of the last guys on their radar and they will likewise be focusing on developing a lot of other players ahead of you. And on the flip side you have another team who has been with you from the getgo, who will feature you from the start? It becomes about do you wanna make a name for yourself or just hang your hang your hat on what past players have done (which with mis champ doesn't look like its going back that way either) but either way wishing porter luck with his decision it's a big one.

Hopefully he knows that UF is turning over all rocks, and could as easily pass on him if another fish takes the bait, too.

Kids are transferring OUT of Florida at a higher than average rate...there's a REASON for that.

Kids also haven't shown the slightest bit of hesitancy in committing to them this year. There's a reason for that too.

Jtrue, I'm not sure how you know kids aren't hesitating at UF.  Cook left them, and a DB recently decommitted.  We have no idea how many others passed on UF for other schools.  Looks like they have about 20 commits, so they have room.  Expect they are looking hard to poach...that they are looking at USF guys may make you wonder if they don't feel like they can steal from bigger fish (counterpoint: recently flipped from UM and Zona).

I'll rephrase, "Though kids may or may not have hesitated more than in past years, UF shows no signs of not being able to replace them with equally rated talent resulting in a class that will be rated, at worst, top 20 by the services."

ESPN #8

Rivals #10

Scout #13

24/7 #15

I'll grant you that position, JTrue.  As I noted earlier, UF HAS the stroke, and will have it for the forseeable future.  But...I think some bloom is off the lilly.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

ESPN #8

Rivals #10

Scout #13

24/7 #15

I'll grant you that position, JTrue.  As I noted earlier, UF HAS the stroke, and will have it for the forseeable future.  But...I think some bloom is off the lilly.

Definitely agree with that, but they have some bloom to burn.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,321
  • Days Won:  10

He could have been a UF fan and did not expect to get an offer, and now that he has it is where his heart is at.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

We're doomed, UF hostesses have way more experience, he'll be sold.

He could have been a UF fan and did not expect to get an offer, and now that he has it is where his heart is at.

See Jacoby Brissett.  Getting to UF is one thing.  Finding the field is another.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Florida in big trouble if poaching our guys this late in the game.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Florida in big trouble if poaching our guys this late in the game.

What was your first clue they were in trouble?

• Upvote 1