• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athlon Sports Ranks The AAC's Football Stadiums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

What morons.

They have the three NFL stadiums at the bottom. Reliant, The Texans awesome stadium is last. Good thing Cowboys Stadium wasn't on the list, Jerry Jones would throw a tantrum when they put it at the bottom. I could see if these were 1aa or high school stadiums, but please, recruits love NFL stadiums, its a selling point. IMO, the list is backward.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

"The facility is fairly new, good enough for an NFL team and the Bulls are third in the league in attendance. However, this means the building is not on campus and that roughly 20,000 seats go empty each Saturday. The building is adorned with Buccaneers logos and a tacky pirate ship caps the North end zone. At least, those in charge repaint the end zones with “Bulls†for home games unlike other NFL-turned-NCAA stadiums in the nation."

I do not disagree with the assessment at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"The facility is fairly new, good enough for an NFL team and the Bulls are third in the league in attendance. However, this means the building is not on campus and that roughly 20,000 seats go empty each Saturday. The building is adorned with Buccaneers logos and a tacky pirate ship caps the North end zone. At least, those in charge repaint the end zones with “Bulls†for home games unlike other NFL-turned-NCAA stadiums in the nation."

I do not disagree with the assessment at all.

You agree with The Trampoline being ranked higher?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I agree that it (RayJ) does not scream USF, but it's nicer (amenity wise) than entry #4 and #6, but entry #1 is probably a very accurate placement as far as our conference is concerned. We are ranked @ 53rd for attendance, with L'ville & Rutgers above at 40th & 42nd...so someone apparently likes sitting in those seats  :dankk2:

I think the Non-Stick Frying Pan -  " That said, the building is said to be lacking in character and nearly 10,000 seats in its current configuration were empty each Saturday in 2012." -  ranked where it did because of the 'vacant seat' factor. If we played in an 80K stadium, we'd average nearly 50% empty, so I think they're adding points for nearly full regardless of overall volume. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Atmosphere suffers tremendously at NFL turned college stadiums...UCF's actual building is terrible but their gameday experience is much better due to the OCS.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

As a college stadium; ray jay blows....

As a football stadium... It's great

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

OK let me get this straight;

They would rather go to the jumping frying pan stadium in Mouse town over going to Ray-Jay and drinking spirits in comfortable chair backed seats with arm rest. A stadium that is good enough to host Super Bowls or a 40K seat aluminum high school stadium.

makes NO sense

Ty

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Atmosphere suffers tremendously at NFL turned college stadiums...UCF's actual building is terrible but their gameday experience is much better due to the OCS.

This. RJS is a great stadium, but not for a college atmosphere (except once every few years...)