• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Mitchell transfering to D-II Fort Hays State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i'm in agreement that there has to be something more. There is no way he is transferring for any of the publicly known reasons we discussed.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I hate to hear about him transferring out but remember his career has been cut short due to injury more than anything else. Secondly, he was moved to WR b/c that is where the team needed him and he openly welcomed that opportunity. Remember he played Safety in high school so when he arrived at USF he was learning a new position. Finally, his hands as a WR and punt returner got himself on the bench. How many easy passes did he drop and how many poor attempts at fielding punts put the offense in bad field position? I am not trying to bash the kid or give the old coaching staff a pass but this is not ALL on USF current all previous coaching staff. There was a certain amount of lack of accountability that got suspended...and unfortunately he is now going to play peewee football.

I wish him well and hopes he gets his degree and I will always consider him a part of the Bulls Family.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

In cases like this, some probably miss having a reporter that benefitted from the disgruntled and misfortune of others. :)

Good luck T-Rex

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

I hate to hear about him transferring out but remember his career has been cut short due to injury more than anything else. Secondly, he was moved to WR b/c that is where the team needed him and he openly welcomed that opportunity. Remember he played Safety in high school so when he arrived at USF he was learning a new position. Finally, his hands as a WR and punt returner got himself on the bench. How many easy passes did he drop and how many poor attempts at fielding punts put the offense in bad field position? I am not trying to bash the kid or give the old coaching staff a pass but this is not ALL on USF current all previous coaching staff. There was a certain amount of lack of accountability that got suspended...and unfortunately he is now going to play peewee football.

I wish him well and hopes he gets his degree and I will always consider him a part of the Bulls Family.

And just to :stirpot:  I don't believe that was Holtz' fault. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

And just to :stirpot:  I don't believe that was Holtz' fault. 

Agreed.... People keep piling on the staff for "moving him to WR". Let's be clear.... the decision for Mitchell to move to WR was initiated by Mitchell and was entirely his. The staff didn't push him to the position.... he asked to move and asked to stay there. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Its sort of a moot point. Its not like his career would be any further along at this point had he stayed a CB under the genius of Coach Cosh.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sad that the kid loses the opportunity, but let's not get get crazy about his huge impact here. He was not the second coming of what we had in Mike Jenkins.

I believe we saw him early on in a few games at corner and he was completely lost out there.

He provided a few exciting returns. He ran poor routes and dropped a lot of passes as a receiver.

He had a propensity to be injured.

Perhaps his career was managed poorly, but he seemed more an athlete than really good at any one position.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Its sort of a moot point. Its not like his career would be any further along at this point had he stayed a CB under the genius of Coach Cosh.

How dare you blaspheme the genius of Coach Cosh? And props for using moot correctly rather than "mute." :D

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

What a joke.  A little bit of pot is no big deal. ****, states are legalizing it now and in 10-15 years most states will follow. If this is the only thing he did, then Taggart made a mistake. Tight ship...more like a joke.

you high?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

How dare you blaspheme the genius of Coach Cosh? And props for using moot correctly rather than "mute." :D

A "mute" point is one I wish McMurphy would make a lot more often.