• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Mitchell transfering to D-II Fort Hays State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  181
  • Days Won:  0

Played against him in High School, he was a good kid thought he was going to be a star here for sure.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Weird that he was going to move to corner before the suspension.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Oh for ****'s sake, wasn't this just a misdemeanor pot charge that he wasn't even convicted of? This isn't Stanford, we need all the help we can get over here. How do you think the Florida State Criminoles got so good? You mentor and work with these kids, teach them right from wrong and get them back on the right track. His entire collegiate career was mishandled from the get go.

Unless something else has arisen, this is BS.

If that's how this is going to go, might as well say goodbye to Battles and Dunkley as well. (not that they would have made much of an impact anyway)

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Finish that degree TRex.

Taggart is running a tight ship. I would not be surprised if there are a few more transfers in the months to come.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

What a joke.  A little bit of pot is no big deal. ****, states are legalizing it now and in 10-15 years most states will follow. If this is the only thing he did, then Taggart made a mistake. Tight ship...more like a joke.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Joke?  It's all about discipline.  If a player thinks pot is more important than the opportunity afforded to them to play football at this level, I don't want them.  Clearly they don't have the drive or ambition to succeed.

As far as his talent being "wasted" by coaching, I'd say it is kind of hard for a player that was injured more than he was healthy to be impacted by coaching one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Before everyone gets so judgmental...remember that we were not present in conversations between TRex and Coach Taggart.  No one knows if there was an opportunity for TRex to come back and he either didn't want to or didn't comply with coaches request.

I remember seeing reports of early morning running drills that players had to do for disciplinary actions.  maybe TRex wasn't open to do that?  Or maybe TRex didn't want to play corner?  Who knows.

We have to move on though.  Best of luck TRex.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Oh for ****'s sake, wasn't this just a misdemeanor pot charge that he wasn't even convicted of? This isn't Stanford, we need all the help we can get over here. How do you think the Florida State Criminoles got so good? You mentor and work with these kids, teach them right from wrong and get them back on the right track. His entire collegiate career was mishandled from the get go.

Unless something else has arisen, this is BS.

If that's how this is going to go, might as well say goodbye to Battles and Dunkley as well. (not that they would have made much of an impact anyway)

I don't know the skinny on what prompted T-Rex to transfer, but I don't think it's strictly due to Taggart. With having to switch back to CB, I don't think he would have played much this year, assuming T-Rex successfully completed his pretrial intervention program. I think this was more of a move triggered by T-Rex's desire to play right away and try and salvage what's left of what so far has been an underachieving college football career. Hindsight being what it is, Holtz's staff shouldn't have moved this kid to WR.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Joke?  It's all about discipline.  If a player thinks pot is more important than the opportunity afforded to them to play football at this level, I don't want them.  Clearly they don't have the drive or ambition to succeed.

As far as his talent being "wasted" by coaching, I'd say it is kind of hard for a player that was injured more than he was healthy to be impacted by coaching one way or the other.

Before everyone gets so judgmental...remember that we were not present in conversations between TRex and Coach Taggart.  No one knows if there was an opportunity for TRex to come back and he either didn't want to or didn't comply with coaches request.

I remember seeing reports of early morning running drills that players had to do for disciplinary actions.  maybe TRex wasn't open to do that?  Or maybe TRex didn't want to play corner?  Who knows.

We have to move on though.  Best of luck TRex.

Exactly.... if he's leaving there has to be more to it. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I find this to be ridiculous. There is no way he should be transferring, especially when he has a family here.