• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Mitchell transfering to D-II Fort Hays State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gonna miss Terrence. Always like those Hillsborough guys.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

For those who say "it was just a little pot," politics of it aside, it is ILLEGAL. It shows a lack of judgment that is unacceptable especially of a scholarship athlete.

If you want to debate whether or not it should be illegal, we have a forum called The Mad Cow Lounge specifically for such debate.

I agree that there probably is more than just that incident, but I just wanted to address the "it's only a little pot" line.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

it is coach t's world now and the lack of discipline has always been a problem at usf

this coach is finally showing the players he is the BOSS

i am all for it for now

why transfer to div 2 school?

So he can play without sitting out a year?

Then, why not an FCS school?  Only would have to sit out a year if he transferred to an FBS school.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

It sucks, cause he was one of our "top recruits" that just didn't really pan out.  As stated, he wasn't a very productive player when he was on the field, fumbles and drops are not the way to get the coach's confidence to keep you out there.  I was always a little concerned about his lack of size as a WR too, have to think that didn't help with his health status.

But I think CWT really is trying to establish a disciplined program, and when you look at our past few seasons, I think that is something we are lacking.  And just like most organizations, there are certain rules and policies that are laid out.  And maybe CWT has said no illegal drugs (like most companies have) on this team.  Don't like the rules, then go some place else.  I agree, there must be more to the story then we all know.  But time to move on

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

How many stars? 

I want to adjust that recruiting class.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Wonder what his career would have been like if Holtz kept him at CB. Too bad we are losing him. Good luck

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe he didn't want to "apologize" to Taggart...

tumblr_lvwjiyrcYz1r4gei2o1_400.gif

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I hate to hear about him transferring out but remember his career has been cut short due to injury more than anything else. Secondly, he was moved to WR b/c that is where the team needed him and he openly welcomed that opportunity. Remember he played Safety in high school so when he arrived at USF he was learning a new position. Finally, his hands as a WR and punt returner got himself on the bench. How many easy passes did he drop and how many poor attempts at fielding punts put the offense in bad field position? I am not trying to bash the kid or give the old coaching staff a pass but this is not ALL on USF current all previous coaching staff. There was a certain amount of lack of accountability that got suspended...and unfortunately he is now going to play peewee football.

I wish him well and hopes he gets his degree and I will always consider him a part of the Bulls Family.

WR may have been where we needed him when he got here but if i recall correctly our secondary under the Holtz New Error was absolutely abominable. 

considering T.Rex's sub-par hands skills, moving him back to the secondary would have probably been a smart decision...

but smart decisions were not the M.O. of the Holtz New Error, so i tend to agree with the general sentiment that his college career at USF was poorly managed. that combined with injuries stunted his development.

that said i have no idea why he is transferring. i certainly HOPE it is more than just a misdemeanor pot charge. the libertarian in me finds heavy-handed punishments for small victimless crimes to be a sheer travesty. football aside, an education at USF is more valuable than BFE State. it's a shame to think someone COULD lose that-- as well as hinder their opportunity to develop a career in football (not nec. NFL, but maybe AFL, CFL, etc.)-- because of something as insignificant as a misdemeanor pot charge.

it's 2013. the United States needs to move beyond this prison planet mentality and stop destroying lives, careers, opportunities for the most insignificant of reasons... but then the corporatized prison system would lose its primary source of near-slave labor subsidized by government kickbacks.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

For those who say "it was just a little pot," politics of it aside, it is ILLEGAL. It shows a lack of judgment that is unacceptable especially of a scholarship athlete.

If you want to debate whether or not it should be illegal, we have a forum called The Mad Cow Lounge specifically for such debate.

I agree that there probably is more than just that incident, but I just wanted to address the "it's only a little pot" line.

how many things have been "ILLEGAL" that shouldnt have been?

how many things have been LEGAL that shouldnt have been?

i'll avoid the obvious "slavery was once legal" / "interracial marriage was once illegal" as they are heavy topics relegated to history, but how about CURRENT laws that prevent private behaviors?

it is illegal in Florida to have oral sex. it is illegal in Florida to kiss your wife's breasts. it is illegal in Florida for unmarried women to parachute on Sundays.

if u believe ALL laws are just and that legality is the ultimate arbiter of who is a productive or dangerous member of society-- or worthy of a place on a public university football team-- then u would probably have owned slaves, called the cops on interracial couples and never get blowjobs.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

how many things have been "ILLEGAL" that shouldnt have been?

how many things have been LEGAL that shouldnt have been?

i'll avoid the obvious "slavery was once legal" / "interracial marriage was once illegal" as they are heavy topics relegated to history, but how about CURRENT laws that prevent private behaviors?

it is illegal in Florida to have oral sex. it is illegal in Florida to kiss your wife's breasts. it is illegal in Florida for unmarried women to parachute on Sundays.

if u believe ALL laws are just and that legality is the ultimate arbiter of who is a productive or dangerous member of society-- or worthy of a place on a public university football team-- then u would probably have owned slaves, called the cops on interracial couples and never get blowjobs.

What does any of this have to do with TRex?  If you want the priviledge of playing football for a major university and having your educiation and room and board paid for, then you have to abide by team rules.  A very simple and straightforward rule is not engaging in illegal activities.  Whether you think the law should be in place is irrelvant.  You break the law, you risk the consequences.  Among those consequences is losing the priviledge to have your education paid for an the opportunity to play football and possibly turn that into a career.  I don't think it is asking something unbelievably difficult to ask a student-athlete not to smoke pot and follow the law for four or five years.

He broke the rules.  He broke the law.  He gone.