• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball @ Seton Hall

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

I'd rather win the tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

RPI and at-large bid hopes took a beating. Sucks. We just needed to win at least one. Hopefully we can get hot again and run the table.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Our at-large hopes were pretty weak to begin with and all that was lost this weekend was seeding. The road to a regional was always going to be through the tournament and, more than likely, a Louisville team we avoided this year.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That said, the men's team isn't as good as their record.

Bingo!!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Our at-large hopes were pretty weak to begin with and all that was lost this weekend was seeding. The road to a regional was always going to be through the tournament and, more than likely, a Louisville team we avoided this year.

Not true at all. Bulls would have pretty much locked up an at-large bid this past weekend if they could have won 2 out of 3 games vs Seton Hall who had a pretty decent RPI and have been on a big streak which the tournament committee looks at hot teams towards the end of the year. Now getting swept has pretty much taken us out of an at-large bid at this point unless something crazy happens. It looks like a Big East tournament win is our only hope. Possibly getting to the Championship game of the Big East Tourney with no losses could help our at large bid chances as well but we pretty much can't lose any of the 4 games remaining and have to get to the tourney final with no losses to have a slight chance for at large.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not true at all. Bulls would have pretty much locked up an at-large bid this past weekend if they could have won 2 out of 3 games vs Seton Hall who had a pretty decent RPI and have been on a big streak which the tournament committee looks at hot teams towards the end of the year. Now getting swept has pretty much taken us out of an at-large bid at this point unless something crazy happens. It looks like a Big East tournament win is our only hope. Possibly getting to the Championship game of the Big East Tourney with no losses could help our at large bid chances as well but we pretty much can't lose any of the 4 games remaining and have to get to the tourney final with no losses to have a slight chance for at large.

Go Bulls!

Our RPI was in the mid to low 60s, Seton Hall is in the 30s. Winning 2/3 would have bumped us into the 50s, at best. I don't know if I'd call that a "lock" without seeing what we do in the tourney.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Go Bulls!

Our RPI was in the mid to low 60s, Seton Hall is in the 30s. Winning 2/3 would have bumped us into the 50s, at best. I don't know if I'd call that a "lock" without seeing what we do in the tourney.

Not true again. Our RPI before the series started was at 50.( http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/weekend-preview-may-10-12/ )

We are now at 66 after the 3 straight losses. Winning 2 of 3 would have put our RPI in the mid 40's at worst. The magic number for RPI is 45. Typically most teams that have an RPI at 45 or under get an at large bid. Winning 2 of 3 at Seton Hall would have definetly gotten us to or under that magic number of 45 RPI assuming we would have won 3 of 4 of our remaining games vs FGCU and Rutgers. But now being that our RPI dropped to middle 60's, it will be impossible to get our RPI back in the 40's.

Regardless, it's all irrelevant now seeing that we lost all 3. Bottom line is now we pretty much need to win tourney to get in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

That said, the men's team isn't as good as their record.

Bingo!!

And Prado is still at the helm.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Swamprat, you looking to do play by play on TV next?

No, gave that up years ago.  :lol: 

You're not going to believe this, but I have a degree in broadcasting. I wanted to be the next Cawood Ledford, legendary voice of the University of Kentucky. However, it was determined that I neither had the voice for radio or the face for television. You know me personally. I think you would agree with that analysis. :) Not becoming and "on air" personality, I have been a producer, production assistant, switcher, director, cameraman, but primarily an engineer. I paid for part of my further education working in the industry.

Maybe that's why I enjoy doing the pbp. I do it for other boards as well. That's probably why I am also comfortable being critical of USF's handing of their media. I actually have experience with that sort of thing.

You said it, not me.  :)   Your wife's face however is another matter and would do well on TV.  Maybe you can do the voiceovers.