• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

According to the aliens, all your QB are belong to us now.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

methinking the aliens got a GED?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

methinking the aliens got a GED?

No, a Play Station.

base_cats1.jpg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Update..condensed form looks like we will still have some time to wait... I guess he is looking for some training and guidence...From reports George Whitfield tells it like it is...

George Whitfield also has ties to the Harbaugh's  per SI  IMO  that factor  is of unknown value with Steven Bench's destination ...

Bench did confirm he is headed to San Diego Sunday to work with nationally prestigious quarterback coach George Whitfield at his academy for the entire week. Whitfield has become highly respected for training quarterbacks in the offseason to prepare them for the NFL Draft. This spring Whitfield, a a former college and arena league quarterback, trained draft picks Landry Jones and Matt Scott but before that trained the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft each of the last two years (Andrew Luck and Cam Newton). He also works with current college players in the offseason including 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, Ohio State's Braxton Miller and Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

"When I fly back home next weekend from San Diego, I'll have a much better understanding of what the next step will be in my decision and then I'll start to see if I can schedule some campus visits with the schools I want to seriously consider," Bench said. "Right now, that's where I'm at mentally."

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=23987#ixzz2SZ1068jY

go bulls

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

Update..condensed form looks like we will still have some time to wait... I guess he is looking for some training and guidence...From reports George Whitfield tells it like it is...

George Whitfield also has ties to the Harbaugh's per SI IMO that factor is of unknown value with Steven Bench's destination ...

Bench did confirm he is headed to San Diego Sunday to work with nationally prestigious quarterback coach George Whitfield at his academy for the entire week. Whitfield has become highly respected for training quarterbacks in the offseason to prepare them for the NFL Draft. This spring Whitfield, a a former college and arena league quarterback, trained draft picks Landry Jones and Matt Scott but before that trained the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft each of the last two years (Andrew Luck and Cam Newton). He also works with current college players in the offseason including 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, Ohio State's Braxton Miller and Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

"When I fly back home next weekend from San Diego, I'll have a much better understanding of what the next step will be in my decision and then I'll start to see if I can schedule some campus visits with the schools I want to seriously consider," Bench said. "Right now, that's where I'm at mentally."

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=23987#ixzz2SZ1068jY

go bulls

Sounds like a really smart kid trying to maximize his chances to make the NFL by seeking wisdom for a guy who know the ins and outs and will point him in the right direction. Hopefully that direction is towards USF.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

The only fear I have is some outside help telling him the "chance" to play in the SEC will be better than the AAC.  But he has a better shot at reps and play here IMO

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Essentially Whitfield is going to put him through the ringer all weekend testing his skills and seeing how coachable he is, and I take it that at the end of the weekend he's going to give his recommendations to Bench based on that.

What that means, I don't know. It could be that Bench is looking for a vote of confidence from Whitfield, which would make him think he's ready to start immediately. Or maybe the vote of confidence from Whitfield would aid him in a decision to transfer to a bigger program with confidence that he can work his way up the ladder.

Whitfield's connection with the Harbaughs is interesting, but it might be thin to connect that to Willie Taggart. A friend of a Harbaugh is not necessarily a friend of a Taggart. But Whitfield will have knowledge of what Taggart's offensive system demands out of the quarterback and that will no doubt play a part in this. Maybe the biggest part.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Essentially Whitfield is going to put him through the ringer all weekend testing his skills and seeing how coachable he is, and I take it that at the end of the weekend he's going to give his recommendations to Bench based on that.

What that means, I don't know. It could be that Bench is looking for a vote of confidence from Whitfield, which would make him think he's ready to start immediately. Or maybe the vote of confidence from Whitfield would aid him in a decision to transfer to a bigger program with confidence that he can work his way up the ladder.

Whitfield's connection with the Harbaughs is interesting, but it might be thin to connect that to Willie Taggart. A friend of a Harbaugh is not necessarily a friend of a Taggart. But Whitfield will have knowledge of what Taggart's offensive system demands out of the quarterback and that will no doubt play a part in this. Maybe the biggest part.

My take on what I read is that Whitfield could be making recommendations on what kind of system Bench should be looking for, based on his strengths and weaknesses.  That would make it easier for Bench to find the "right" place to land.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

Can we send Floyd and Eveld to said camp?