• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Talk about overreacting ... all he did was confirm that MSU was one of the schools in the mix. The only disturbing part from our point of view was the comment about wanting to "feel at home". Starkville is closer, in more ways than one, to Cairo than Tampa is.

A LOT closer.

Closer to State College, too.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'll counter that.  I have a good feeling about this one.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

My magic 8 ball of crack says, not going to happen

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Talk about overreacting ... all he did was confirm that MSU was one of the schools in the mix. The only disturbing part from our point of view was the comment about wanting to "feel at home". Starkville is closer, in more ways than one, to Cairo than Tampa is.

A LOT closer.

Closer to State College, too.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

I agree this ain't going to happen..He'd rather sit on the "BENCH" BENCH in the SEC... De-committed from Rice CUSA and went to BIG 10..Penn...

the SEC was probably his first choice before but no offers....If he can't make the grade at Penn...I don't think he will be a starter at MSU..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

What makes you think I'm not asking him questions?

For what it's worth, geographically, Tampa is closer to Cairo than Starkville. 70 miles closer. I'll leave any other comparisons to you guys ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What makes you think I'm not asking him questions?

Lmao... Greg just pulled your card

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Burn. Auman style.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

That article about him and Mississippi State, which recruited him out of high school, definitely made it sound like they're in the driver's seat for him.

But here's the thing. Dak Prescott is a HUGE good looking QB prospect that even as a freshman got out on the field and threw 4 touchdowns, and ran another 4 touchdowns in 2012. Maybe Prescott was only a 3-star recruit (like Bench himself) but the fact that he's got 8 touchdowns under his belt as a true frosh via situational rotation should be a big red flag for Bench. I've been watching a fair amount of Mississippi State lately, for starters because I'm getting a refresher on Chad Bumphis who I always liked but whose hands have always been questionable, but also because I'm trying to dig my way in on Tyler Russell as an NFL prospect. Hard not to notice this huge, good looking #15 come onto the field and score touchdowns. He's a better runner than Bench, probably has a better arm. He's absolutely DREAMING if he thinks he's beating Tyler Russell for the starting job right away. But in his defense, it doesn't sound like he thinks that. It sounds like he'd be targeting to beat out Dak for the job once Tyler Russell moves on.

The other thing is, Cord Sandberg is out there floating around. Yeah maybe he does get taken in the 1st round of the MLB Draft in June. Maybe not. That situation could still break a number of different ways.

I dunno man. If he could come to USF and start immediately, that to me would be the smartest play. Once you're the starter, your fate is in your own control. No matter who is recruited or who is on the roster, if you're producing touchdowns as the starter...you don't need to look behind you. If you're not the starter, more things can go wrong, there's a lot less in your control.

Sandberg is going to be a pro baseball player. Kinnan has been saying it since before Taggart got the job. Unless he is completely underwhelmed by the offer he gets after being a high draft pick, no reason to think he's going to Starkville.