• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers QB, Miami Jackson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Did he also think Marshall might have been "country?" 

Being from Miami, he's dead-on with how Tampa's perception is down there.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yep ... one of my biggest clients is from Miami, he knows I'm from the Tampa area and rags me about it all the time. 

Just asking though, if he's not really into the "country" setting, wondering if he'll be surprised to find that Marshall fits that bill ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Yep ... one of my biggest clients is from Miami, he knows I'm from the Tampa area and rags me about it all the time. 

Just asking though, if he's not really into the "country" setting, wondering if he'll be surprised to find that Marshall fits that bill ...

As I've noted before, I've been to Huntington (wife is from WV).  It's a bleak area, and looks like an old industrial town that time forgot.

The upside:  that town is ate up with Marshall, and has the "Us against the rest of the Mountaineer State" mentality.

My first trip to WV, I saw a guy wearing a shirt that read: "I'd rather have a sister in a brothel than a brother at Marshall".  That, my friends, is HARSH!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know if his 40 time on 247 is accurate (4.4)?? I think BJ ran a 4.5 or something. Quinton will set the record for longest QB run in USF history next season if it is true...Especially since we usually start inside our own 10--should be possible to beat Grothe's 80 yarder against Pitt.

I can't see him running an awful lot if he does play. This offense is all run run run run with the RB and play action pass. Maybe he will scramble on broken plays, but BJ and Grothe ran an awful lot of read option, along with a lot of QB draws and other plays that were designed for a QB run. Maybe I'm not giving Taggart the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how he's going to find a way to do that sticking 100% to his style of offense.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Does anyone know if his 40 time on 247 is accurate (4.4)?? I think BJ ran a 4.5 or something. Quinton will set the record for longest QB run in USF history next season if it is true...Especially since we usually start inside our own 10--should be possible to beat Grothe's 80 yarder against Pitt.
I can't see him running an awful lot if he does play. This offense is all run run run run with the RB and play action pass. Maybe he will scramble on broken plays, but BJ and Grothe ran an awful lot of read option, along with a lot of QB draws and other plays that were designed for a QB run. Maybe I'm not giving Taggart the benefit of the doubt but I don't see how he's going to find a way to do that sticking 100% to his style of offense.
This is the SF Harbaugh offense we're talking about right? Collin Kaepernick anyone?
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Remember taggart wanted Floyd to be that guy who could work the marginsout of the pocket. I don't think we've seen much of the playbook at all.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Remember taggart wanted Floyd to be that guy who could work the marginsout of the pocket. I don't think we've seen much of the playbook at all.

I concur.  When Bench was on the field we also saw some option plays and designed QB runs.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

What Bullphin said.

Pay attention people.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

When you have a mobile, dual threat QB ... you use him on some designed plays.  If you don't, that's a bullet in the chamber being wasted. 

That used to be THE silver bullet in our offense - the QB was the do-everything guy.  Now, the point is he doesn't have to be that guy.  I'm really excited and hopeful that this will be the case with Flowers for the next few years. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Exciting stuff!