• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Athletic Conference

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  3

LOL I still have a CUSA shirt too maybe I need to break it out and start wearing it.

Just out of meanness, I had a Big East T-shirt, took a black permanent marker, and put a big black 'x' mark across the mascot logo of every team that has/is running at break-neck speed. I put the words "not very" above the Big East logo. I wear it to the gym, but am thinking of sporting it to our McNeese State game. 

:FIREdevil: 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I predict it will be a round logo that that features the word American diagonally across the middle with "the" atop the circle and "athletic conference" on the bottom of the circle.  Very plain, very vanilla.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I predict it will be a round logo that that features the word American diagonally across the middle with "the" atop the circle and "athletic conference" on the bottom of the circle.  Very plain, very vanilla.

ALL the football D1a conference logos are vanilla. And that may be due to the age of these conferences. You have to look at the FCS conferences before you find some innovation.

263px-Big_Sky_Conference_logo_2012.jpeg

Missouri_Valley_Football_Conference_logo

225px-Patriot_League_logo.png

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Woo Hoo a wiki entry; Things are gonna start happening to me now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Wonder if they'll sponsor a logo contest and open it up to fans?

ALL the football D1a conference logos are vanilla. And that may be due to the age of these conferences. You have to look at the FCS conferences before you find some innovation.

263px-Big_Sky_Conference_logo_2012.jpeg

Missouri_Valley_Football_Conference_logo

225px-Patriot_League_logo.png

I don't think it will be innovation, although Aresco and his ESPN keepers have routinely used the word.

I just have a feeling they will go for the look that portrays the conference as having been around.  I think it will be plain.  Just a thought though.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Like the idea of ESPN/ABC announcer calling the conference "The American". Yes it is CUSA 2.0 but have you seen the lineup in CUSA 1.0...not sure if the SunBelt may not have a better lineup now. OK not really I double checked.

Not enamored with East Carolina being added to the league nor being in the same division let alone the same conference as UCF. That alone really amps up a true rivalry with the Mickey Mouse Knights. Meaning an idiot invasion at this MB. I think SouthernPiss would have been a better addition than ECU or Tulane. Think I'd rather have them than a footall only member Navy bc the major league conferences do not do "football members only". I think it cheapens the league. Plus the distain for USM or Rutgers in USF history is on equal status I think.

About those that feel that USF has come full circle...How about the Metro Conference???? Add Tulane, Rice and Tulsa in '14. :-) Anyway league name doesn't matter. The league will need the love of ESPN and CBS, decades of Top 10 poll finishes, having winning percentages against the Big 5 conferences to be considered relevent, and bowl wins vs the same Big 5 cons. Only problem those cons will stop playing the "American" schools away from home. Its back to no return games or 2-4-1s maybe. OCGs are going to two FCS, SB/USA and an away game vs one of the Big 5 cons.

Edited by BullDoug
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Like the idea of ESPN/ABC announcer calling the conference "The American". Yes it is CUSA 2.0 but have you seen the lineup in CUSA 1.0...not sure if the SunBelt may not have a better lineup now. OK not really I double checked.

Not enamored with East Carolina being added to the league nor being in the same division let alone the same conference as UCF. That alone really amps up a true rivalry with the Mickey Mouse Knights. Meaning an idiot invasion at this MB. I think SouthernPiss would have been a better addition than ECU or Tulane. Think I'd rather have them than a footall only member Navy bc the major league conferences do not do "football members only". I think it cheapens the league. Plus the distain for USM or Rutgers in USF history is on equal status I think.

About those that feel that USF has come full circle...How about the Metro Conference???? Add Tulane, Rice and Tulsa in '14. :-) Anyway league name doesn't matter. The league will need the love of ESPN and CBS, decades of Top 10 poll finishes, having winning percentages against the Big 5 conferences to be considered relevent, and bowl wins vs the same Big 5 cons. Only problem those cons will stop playing the "American" schools away from home. Its back to no return games or 2-4-1s maybe. OCGs are going to two FCS, SB/USA and an away game vs one of the Big 5 cons.

Regarding Navy, I was under the impression that they only got the football-only invite because we were overloaded in the other sports with the Catholic schools.  Now that that's no longer a problem, has any heard about or have any thoughts about whether we revisit Navy as a full member?

I think Navy will be out.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think Navy will be out.

I think they'll either be all-in or all-out. Either way, I'm fine with it.

Would love to watch my Bulls play up here though! Could even imagine the rivalry growing until we played football at Fedex and basketball at Verizon...

One can dream!