• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP in game thread: BET Gm 1 Bulls vs Seton Hall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Let's find the silver lining here ... I tried to watch on my Watch ESPN app and online, and it was blacked out ... if it was a bad performance, the majority of recruits might not have been able to see, therefore, some might not know how bad we sucked tonight.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

okay...why is no one all over AC's performance.....2-12 night. Collins is not the leader we need our pg to be.

Leday had a very solid night

But he is the leader we deserve.

Collins is a sophomore. Where's the senior leadership, especially Fitzpatrick?

You're right that the PG is the leader of the offense, but when the players around him are not capable of performing, Collins can only do so much.

I saw a shot at a Dark Knight joke, so I took it.

But I agree with you - AC can't be the only player on this team if we ever expect to be better than this.  LeDay and Hawkins give me some hope for next year.  If Rudd can gain some consistency, he should have a good year next year as well (if he stays).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's going to be a long plain ride home tonight. LeDay was the only bright spot of the night. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Collins was still dishing out all the assists tonight I'm not saying it was a great night but we have to remember he is pretty **** good for a sophomore.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I'm no NBA scouting expert, but I can't believe Victor helped himself on a national stage this evening.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Collins' success last year was magnified by a much better defense, and more consistent scoring/offensive rebounding, and his shots were falling in. This year his shots weren't falling like they did in 2012, and without the rebounding and defense, well....yeah. I still like him, I think he really goes as the rest of the offense goes. Having the younger guys in the future as well as the incoming guys might help open up the offensive scoring (here's hoping) and with that, Collins will be the facilitator.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Hi guys! I left the bar with one minute on the clock excited to see one more game this season. Then i find out we lose when i get home!

Thebullspen.com meltdowns are a usf tradition so i just wanted to come say hi.

4-22 in the big east in fb and bb. **** that ****, right? Fire up your hashtags!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Collins is a good distributor and smart player. He needs to become somewhat of a scoree to at least keep defenses honest.

He would have a lot more assists if our other players could actually shoot at a high D1 level. I have never seen a D1 team that misses so many open shots.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

What happened to Hawkins?

On the bench where he belonged. No player on the roster regressed more then him as the season went along. People always talking about Hawkins and LeDay for next season, but makes me wonder what Hawkins are they talking about. Javonte Hawkins really disappeared and disappointed late in the season, where as Zack LeDay made a case for himself as the favorite to be the starting PF next to Egbunu next season. You can really see that he worked hard on his strength and conditioning throughout the season. He was USF's most forceful interior player at the end and frankly should have gotten more touches in the paint where he had developed a nice little jump hook. I expect Big Things from LeDay in the future, Hawkins I'm not sure about right now. It something to be said about hard work and determination.

Collins was still dishing out all the assists tonight I'm not saying it was a great night but we have to remember he is pretty **** good for a sophomore.

He really needs to get stronger and must develop a jump shot if he wants to take his game to another level. Teams realized that despite his quickness you can still defend him by backing off several feet and still get a piece of his shot. Sluggish guys like Gene Teague should not be able to guard Collins off the dribble but because of that low trajectory shot and his lack of range it became easy to do.

What awful shooting tonight! What an embarrassing performance!

27 OFF REBS a 47-25 advantage, still couldn't put up more points. I'm glad it happened that way because to many times USF low scoring outputs were blamed on rebounding problems by the apologist on this board. USF actual became a decent rebounding team as the season went on.

Edited by Vega