• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reilly Gibbons, OT, Catholic HS St Pete.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Questions about Gibbons' eligibility on the Bethel thread so figured I'd bump this if anybody has any more recent news. Here's all I could find about situation:

Gibbons enrolled in two summer classes at Stanford but did not attend the classes he enrolled in for the fall term, according to his father, Shannon Gibbons. Because he did enroll, it will be up to the NCAA whether Gibbons will be eligible for the 2015 season. Gibbons will start taking classes and working out with the football team in January.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/former-spc-ol-reilly-gibbons-leaves-stanford-will-enroll-usf/21208/

Guessing no, but hoping yes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

I hate the ncaa

So if he plays if ineligible and we win 8 games and the NCAA takes those wins away after the year because of playing with an ineligible player (think Armwood a few years back), how many of us would be upset?  Do you think Armwood fans don't think they won a State championship?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

I hate the ncaa

So if he plays if ineligible and we win 8 games and the NCAA takes those wins away after the year because of playing with an ineligible player (think Armwood a few years back), how many of us would be upset?  Do you think Armwood fans don't think they won a State championship?

IF he played and the coach new he was ineligible, the coach should be fired...

Armwood, and other high schools, know their coaches cheat, but they're ok with winning at any cost.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I am not for cheating but playing an ineligible player is dishonest but it is not cheating. The best team still won.  USC still won the National Championship and Reggie Bush still won the Heisman. Taking away wins or trophies will never erase what took place.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I am not for cheating but playing an ineligible player is dishonest but it is not cheating. The best team still won.  USC still won the National Championship and Reggie Bush still won the Heisman. Taking away wins or trophies will never erase what took place.

It is cheating.  He contributed greatly, when he shouldn't have been playing at all. That is cheating.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

I hate the ncaa

He will not play until declared eligible by the NCAA ...

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

It is cheating.  He contributed greatly, when he shouldn't have been playing at all. That is cheating.

If you want to be the best you beat the best and dont make excuses.  If they took steroids or had some other competitive advantage then they are cheating.  Stealing signs like Patriots: Cheating. Taking Steroids: cheating. Getting beat by the best players: competition. Played highschool basketball in Pinellas County and kids would use different relatives address to change highschools. No one said anything. They did not live there but they still played and stacked the teams. We got beat but hey thats life and it makes you get better Never going to cry about teams having better players.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

If you want to be the best you beat the best and dont make excuses.  If they took steroids or had some other competitive advantage then they are cheating.  Stealing signs like Patriots: Cheating. Taking Steroids: cheating. Getting beat by the best players: competition. Played highschool basketball in Pinellas County and kids would use different relatives address to change highschools. No one said anything. They did not live there but they still played and stacked the teams. We got beat but hey thats life and it makes you get better Never going to cry about teams having better players.

Cheating is cheating whether it's steroids, stealing plays or illegal players ... and yeah, that is life, too. Just don't make it into something it's not. It is cheating.