• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ducks' offense: tasty! Will we ever see that at USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Oregon would probably have a national title if it wasn't for them playing against a bought and paid for, once-in-a-generation type player like Cam Newton.

Probably ther 2nd one if Dennis Dixon didn't get hurt in 2007...they were by far the best team before he was hurt

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

It's a gimmick and has not won championships. I'll pass.

Bhaaaahhhhh. Gimmick that has back to back 13 win seasons and 4 consecutive BCS bowl appearances. Yeah, I'll pass too...

Unbelievable.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The answer to the OP's question is no, not while CWT is the head coach.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

There's better ways to play football IMO. If we're playing makebelieve and want to prented that we can get the calliber of athlete and competency in coaching that we wanted to execute that kind of ofense, I'll take the offense with the O-line full of 6-6 320 pound athletes and tandem of bruising RBs every time. Oregon's offense doesn't work when it's sitting on the side line. Look at their losses to AU in the NC, LSU and USC last year and Stanford this year, they got killed in TOP.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

Well, the offense that we will run comes from Stanford. They actually have been to 3 straight BCS Bowls. Unbelievable! Bhaaaah

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Okay, so K-state also owned them in TOP, but I still don't like it. Give me defense.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

There's better ways to play football IMO. If we're playing makebelieve and want to prented that we can get the calliber of athlete and competency in coaching that we wanted to execute that kind of ofense, I'll take the offense with the O-line full of 6-6 320 pound athletes and tandem of bruising RBs every time. Oregon's offense doesn't work when it's sitting on the side line. Look at their losses to AU in the NC, LSU and USC last year and Stanford this year, they got killed in TOP.

Well, the offense that we will run comes from Stanford. They actually have been to 3 straight BCS Bowls. Unbelievable! Bhaaaah

Smash Mouth, Option, Pro Style, West Coast, Spread, Pistol, whatever. I don't care what type of offense we run. Each style has pros and cons. What matters is that we run it well. You can run the prettiest spread offense in the world, but it won't mean squat if receivers are dropping balls or backs are fumbling left and right. Likewise, if you don't recruit a big line and a power back, you're not going to run a smashmouth offense.

Taggart will only be successful if he recruits for his desired offense, adapts his system to the players he has, and works on the fundamentals for each position, i.e. don't Holtz things up.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

defense > offense. What if O has great defense?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

So you'd rather be Wisconsin than Stanford?