• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life, USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

Besides, who cares if we're a commuter school.

Agreed. The stats don't back it up (I remember seeing our on-campus rate was higher than many schools nobody would ever DREAM of calling a commuter school) but people still say it ... so what can we do? Develop a complex about it or just focus on other far more important things. People who say things like "oh that's a commuter school" are usually the most tiresome bores on the planet anyway. For all the cliched stuff about Ivy League grads its often grads of other non-ivy league schools who are the most eager to demean another schools for various arbitrary reasons that don't really matter to anyone in the real world.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

With posts like yours it's no wonder the uninformed think usf is a commuter school.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

Besides, who cares if we're a commuter school.

Agreed. The stats don't back it up (I remember seeing our on-campus rate was higher than many schools nobody would ever DREAM of calling a commuter school) but people still say it ... so what can we do? Develop a complex about it or just focus on other far more important things. People who say things like "oh that's a commuter school" are usually the most tiresome bores on the planet anyway. For all the cliched stuff about Ivy League grads its often grads of other non-ivy league schools who are the most eager to demean another schools for various arbitrary reasons that don't really matter to anyone in the real world.

Agreed as well, I do not know how the commuter school label took over this thread, that it probably the least relevant in terms of our current conference situation. I still stand by the statement that USF is perceived as a commuter school however.

Edited by TherapyBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Quit the whining. USF's overall leadership over the past two decades has been excellent. Every example in our history demonstrates that our leadership does things quietly and diligently until they choose to act publicly. There is no indication whatsoever that this is any different. Be glad our leadership seeks to act with class, and not the foolish disregard with which the impatient laypeople among us here seem to expect.

The hypochondriasis is poorly reflective of our fanbase. Better that one be presumed ignorant than to open one's mouth and prove it so.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I didn't read this whole thread, or even the majority of the OP, but I never felt like USF was commuter. I lived on campus 3 years and off campus my senior year. I had a great experience.

Do enough students still commute to be considered commuter? Most everyone I knew lived on campus or within a 5 mile radius.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

What a piss-poor losers mentality.

What are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

Not joining your emo parade man.

Not sure how to respond to this. So saying that I will "continue to support USF athletics via donations and attendance at football games. I will make it a point to have all 6 of my season tickets used. I will also continue to press administration to improve academics" somehow represents a piss poor losers mentality? Wouldn't the exact opposite represent this mentality?

I hope this is not the sentiments of our alumni and fan base, because then we are truly in trouble.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I commuted from Lakeland to Tampa my first semester. 4 days a week. It sucked. I found two roommates and moved to some apartments off of Cross Creek Blvd, was there for 2 years then moved to an apartment in Tampa Palms. I guess I was pretty much a commuter during my time there.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

USF is growing at an astounding rate. Sorry Op, but we can't just magically snap our fingers and be there. We are a young school with an even younger athletics program.

Look at USF just ten years ago compared to now, there is no comparison. Even in just my four years I was amazed at the upward trend we were on and if not for the complete lack of state funding over the past decade we might already be there.

Patience is a virtue, and is necessary when building a culture from scratch like USF. We will get there, without a doubt.

Edited by LifeIsBully

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

USF is growing at an astounding rate. Sorry Op, but we can't just magically snap our fingers and be there. We are a young school with an even younger athletics program.

Look at USF just ten years ago compared to now, there is no comparison. Even in just my four years I was amazed at the upward tend we were on and if not for the complete lack of state funding over the past decade we might already be there.

Patience is a virtue, and is necessary when building a culture from scratch like USF. We will get there, without a doubt.

This. Therapy, when you graduated in 03..things were much different. When I graduated in 08 things were different than they are now. Both in a positive way. We are headed in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

It was definitely a commuter school when I graduated in 2000. But it has since improved dramatically, and will only continue to improve. USF has made great strides in this area in just the past 10 years. Unfortunately, people who don't have a connection to the school base their opinions on what they've heard, or visits to the campus long ago. So the perception still exists. I think once there are more post-2005 alums than pre-2005 alums the perception will start to change, but it may take decades to completely change.