• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

personally I hope to see the rest of the coaching staff, perhaps with the exception of Blackwell, comprised of some coaches with some strong BCS level experience. Not a real fan of just moving the entire WKU crew in here. Maybe OK on the offensive side of the ball with Taggart calling his own plays, but on D really want to see some guys that have done it at the highest level for a while.

+1

+2 Hope you're reading this Coach...enough with the WKU coaches.

Yea, come on Coach T! We all know what's best for your program...

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I'm confident Taggart knows what he is doing,..I would only have been concerned if Cosh was kept....and isn't the OC at Clemson only 3 years removed from being a HS coach....some people are just meant to be coaches....and I'm pretty sure message board mutts put a lot more stock in the "name" of the position coach than the players being recruited...these guys KNOW the system that will be in place...don't you think that is a positive? They can focus their efforts more on other things besides studying the play book and watching WKU film trying to "catch up" so they can teach these players...and coaching is obviously in this kids blood and Wells has a ton of experience. I'm good with these hires

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Also consider the assistant's salary pool that Taggart is working with. I'm hoping for Shannon as DC, but I'm not expecting it. I have confidence that Taggart will bring in the right people to resume recruiting next week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

personally I hope to see the rest of the coaching staff, perhaps with the exception of Blackwell, comprised of some coaches with some strong BCS level experience. Not a real fan of just moving the entire WKU crew in here. Maybe OK on the offensive side of the ball with Taggart calling his own plays, but on D really want to see some guys that have done it at the highest level for a while.

+1

LOL ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

+1

+1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

You do not hear me complaining. I'm sure some of you probably expected me to blast these hires. Well I cannot complain with these hires. If he truly is the coach I want him to be than the offensive coordinator really has no pull. He seems like he runs his own offense and he will call the plays. The coordinator will only make suggestions for audibles. Most really good head coaches play this way. I too am more worried about who he hires on that side of the ball. Defense. He was a qb. He needs a good DC. I think the hire of randy shannon would be ideal. You look at his options. He needs to prove himself before becoming a head coach again IMO. If he goes to FSU he inherits a great defense what kind of change can me make? If he comes into USF he gets a 100th ranked defense. He can look like a hero and virtually be sent to the top of list for another job. I'm okay with being that stepping stone. He can instantly bring us recruits we had no chance at. We need that hire.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You do not hear me complaining. I'm sure some of you probably expected me to blast these hires. Well I cannot complain with these hires. If he truly is the coach I want him to be than the offensive coordinator really has no pull. He seems like he runs his own offense and he will call the plays. The coordinator will only make suggestions for audibles. Most really good head coaches play this way. I too am more worried about who he hires on that side of the ball. Defense. He was a qb. He needs a good DC. I think the hire of randy shannon would be ideal. You look at his options. He needs to prove himself before becoming a head coach again IMO. If he goes to FSU he inherits a great defense what kind of change can me make? If he comes into USF he gets a 100th ranked defense. He can look like a hero and virtually be sent to the top of list for another job. I'm okay with being that stepping stone. He can instantly bring us recruits we had no chance at. We need that hire.

This

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102

I as well am more interested int he Defensive side of the ball. Defense wins championships. And this past year, the defensive was well......................whats the word I am looking for................Poor. Just leave it at that.

Personally I would like to see Shannon in Tampa. My only concern there is, can we afford him? I do not think any of us can answer that specific question.

My top 2 guys I would like to see there as DC are either Shannon or bring Wally home.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

This

Agreed although I'll note that Shannon can't go to FSU because they've hired Ken Pruitt as their DC. It was official yesterday or the day before.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

I just think whatever we need to pay him we need to pay him. It is only for two or three years tops. He might be gone after 2 but we need to pay him. What can he be making as a lb coach for tcu? What do we need to offer here? More than cosh was making?