• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is better for USF... ACC or B12?

ACC or B12?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Wait just a dang minute here. The question is "Which is better" not which is more likely. Two totally different questions. The money in the Big 12 is much,much, much better then the ACC and all this moving is about the money nothing more - nothing less. You guys trying to tell me if we all of a sudden had an invite to the big 12 and the ACC we are going with the cheap one ? Sure - you can have the new Corvette or the Hyundai Elantra ? I know which one I am picking.

USF is in a predicament where it has to take what it can get. So, as want and pursue are related, it is reasonable to pick the more procurable option.

USF be pursueing both ! And if they manage to get in either it would be the most procurable.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wait just a dang minute here. The question is "Which is better" not which is more likely. Two totally different questions. The money in the Big 12 is much,much, much better then the ACC and all this moving is about the money nothing more - nothing less. You guys trying to tell me if we all of a sudden had an invite to the big 12 and the ACC we are going with the cheap one ? Sure - you can have the new Corvette or the Hyundai Elantra ? I know which one I am picking.

ask wvu how much better it is. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more? no. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl. they will never see the hights they saw in the big east while in big 12. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

And yet WV did choose to go to the Big-12. Fooooor __ MORE MONEY ! If fans decided it would be a different landscape but they don't. Besides WV has only been there one year - give them time to see what they can do.

we are fans. as a fan I would rather compete than for my school to bring in an extra few million. wvu is nowhere near their natural recruiting grounds. their fans can't travel easily anymore. they no longer play their biggest rival. they will never compete on a regular basis with texas, oklahoma, etc etc. they are bottom half of league now. they were 1 play from national champ game in big east. they will never get that close in big 1. they certainly won'y win or share league title 6 out of 9 years or whatever it was in big east. yay fans our ad has more money. too bad we're the new iowa state.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ask wvu how much better it is. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more? no. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl. they will never see the hights they saw in the big east while in big 12. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

And yet WV did choose to go to the Big-12. Fooooor __ MORE MONEY ! If fans decided it would be a different landscape but they don't. Besides WV has only been there one year - give them time to see what they can do.

we are fans. as a fan I would rather compete than for my school to bring in an extra few million. wvu is nowhere near their natural recruiting grounds. their fans can't travel easily anymore. they no longer play their biggest rival. they will never compete on a regular basis with texas, oklahoma, etc etc. they are bottom half of league now. they were 1 play from national champ game in big east. they will never get that close in big 1. they certainly won'y win or share league title 6 out of 9 years or whatever it was in big east. yay fans our ad has more money. too bad we're the new iowa state.

then why wouldnt we stay in the Big East? With WVU, Rutgers, Pitt, and Ville gone(all teams we have losing records against), we should be able to mop the floor with this new big east conference with a bunch of CUSA and MAC teams in it. I would rather go 10-2 in the BE than 7-5 in the ACC/B12

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

then why wouldnt we stay in the Big East? With WVU, Rutgers, Pitt, and Ville gone(all teams we have losing records against), we should be able to mop the floor with this new big east conference with a bunch of CUSA and MAC teams in it. I would rather go 10-2 in the BE than 7-5 in the ACC/B12

Because money... and you have to think for the future, that's how the program grows. Staying in the Big East, playing against teams equivalence of CUSA will keep the program down. Think about it, ACC teams are making much more money than CUSA teams, and that goes a long way toward recruiting and getting better coaches. Also, If we're not in a big conference, we will go to worse bowls (not always, but... often). Even if we go 12-0, we won't likely be in a BCS bowl. If all you care about is the amount of wins, then why not move down to Sun Belt or something?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231

Who the hell cares about this thread? Its a pipe dream and Yippy Skippy flushed our program down the toilet. Maybe on that basis we'll get into a decent conference.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Stay right where we are. This thing needs to stew for a decade or so before we start looking at a second

round of "is this seat taken?". We need to climb our way to mediocrity. We need to have a conference

championship trophy, even if it is only six inches tall and made of plastic. We need to learn to swim

before signing up for the diving competition. CUSA-Phase II is custom made for us. We need to at least

plow through there (like was always thought we'd do in the BE) to prove we really, honest to god, do have

potential. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

BE is dead. We need to go to the ACC. I'd rather go back to 1AA with Appy State than play in the B12.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't be picky if either came calling, but I think us in the ACC has a higher chance of being winnable without FSU (who we'd probably replace) and probably Clemson.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I'll believe that something is 'winnable' when I see evidence of USF finishing somewhere other than the middle of the pack.

We have yet - in the history of the program - to cut that swath through the 'weak' competition (like we always said we would).

But, and I do understand this, the point of this fantasy thread is if the USS ACC or the USS Big Twelve were to toss us a life

line, which should we grab. USF would grab what it could grab. We are soooooooo far removed from negotiating from a position

of strength. Although both conferences would be a step up from this thing, I think we'll be talking about back to back BBVA

Compass Bowl wins before we start stitching either of those conference patches on our jerseys.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Who the hell cares about this thread?

Anyone who posts in it ....

Its a pipe dream and Yippy Skippy flushed our program down the toilet.

:roflmao:

Maybe on that basis we'll get into a decent conference.

You got it ... The Big 12 was just waiting for us to fire Skip and they're working on that invitation as we type.

• Upvote 1