• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is better for USF... ACC or B12?

ACC or B12?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The Big12 would not be bad and Texas is just a short flight away from Tampa, also playing Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, Texas Tech, TCU, and WVU would be nice... playing Iowa State, Kansas State, and Kansas though would not be so hot.

The ACC would be a good road trip conference assuming that Duke, Miami, and Wake remain behind. The major downside to the ACC is that if the conference gets gutted and picked over by the B16, SEC, and B12 then it would effectively be the Big East 2.0 and would likely bring in USF along with a number of former CUSA teams. In my view that would make it much weaker then the Big12.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The Big12 would not be bad and Texas is just a short flight away from Tampa, also playing Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, Texas Tech, TCU, and WVU would be nice... playing Iowa State, Kansas State, and Kansas though would not be so hot.

The ACC would be a good road trip conference assuming that Duke, Miami, and Wake remain behind. The major downside to the ACC is that if the conference gets gutted and picked over by the B16, SEC, and B12 then it would effectively be the Big East 2.0 and would likely bring in USF along with a number of former CUSA teams. In my view that would make it much weaker then the Big12.

stillwater, oklahoma ames, iowa waco, texas lubbock, texas norman, oklahoma manhattan, kansas lawrenceville, kansas etc

travel would be awful. we would be lower tier just like wst virginia and tcu are now. they would have competed for big east this year. they barely finished .500 in big 12. no thanks.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Big 12 in the long run. ACC in the short run. When it is all over, there will be 4 major conferences. The big 12 will be one of them.

big 12 has awful tv markets. i wouldn't be so sure about that.

I'd much prefer ACC. we can compete and we are closer to opponents. we would be bottom tier in big 12 just like west virginia and tcu now .

So if USF gets into ACC it will take 4-5 teams out of the existing ACC mainly caused by B1G or SEC going to 16 for it to happen and it look something like this Pitt, Cuse, UL, Cincy, USF, UCF, Wake Forest, BC, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Navy. Therefore the best solution for USF is ACC because if Big 12 expands it will consist of FSU, Miami, Clemson and possibly VT at this point, leaving out USF so make the best of the situation in an ACC conference with ESPN tied into it.

acc has 14 members. they can lose 1 more, expand by 3 to get to 16 and we could be in. big 12 is weak. demographics are by far worse of any big conference. tv markets are terrible.

one thing you don't note about expansion is that the weak members are leaving the bigger conferences. not the string ones like florida state, miami, v tech. it's maryland, colorado, missouri, etc. not unc, texas, ou etc.

Interesting thought. Looks like UVa should be next, then.

UVA, BC to big ten. huge tv markets. just what they want for big ten network. good academics.

big 12 has no reason to expand. won't add any more money. texas doesn't want it. big ten is driven by tv subscriber money (big markets = more money). big 12 is not. acc could then expand by 3 or 4 more to get to 16. usf is really one of the only realistic options. uconn, usf, cincy, temple.

Disagree. I don't see UVa going to the B1G. All they bring is the DC market, and the B1G just got that with Maryland. UVA brings nothing extra (in terms of cable subscribers) than Maryland did. UVa is more likely to go to the B12 while VT goes to the SEC.

BC is non-AAU, so they won't get the invite. They're stuck in the ACC/BE (or the MAC). Same for UCONN and Cuse

The only AAU schools left that make sense for the B1G are UNC, Duke, and Georgia Tech. I think it'll be UNC and GT, with NCSU going to the SEC and Duke stuck in the ACC/BE

(Although the B1G could pull a major surprise and invite McGill!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

Arizona

University of California

Berkeley

Davis

Irvine

Los Angeles

San Diego

Santa Barbara

Colorado

Florida

Georgia Tech

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Iowa State

Kansas

Maryland

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Missouri

State University of New York

Buffalo

Stony Brook

North Carolina

Ohio State

Oregon

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Purdue

Rutgers

Texas

Texas A&M

Virginia

Washington

Wisconsin

Private

Boston U

Brandeis

Brown

Caltech

Carnegie Mellon

Case Western

Chicago

Columbia

Cornell

Duke

Emory

Harvard

Johns Hopkins

MIT

Northwestern

NYU

Penn

Princeton

Rice

Rochester

USC

Stanford

Tulane

Vanderbilt

Wash U

Yale

Canadian

McGill

Toronto

Big 12 in the long run. ACC in the short run. When it is all over, there will be 4 major conferences. The big 12 will be one of them.

I'd much prefer ACC. we can compete and we are closer to opponents. we would be bottom tier in big 12 just like west virginia and tcu now .

So if USF gets into ACC it will take 4-5 teams out of the existing ACC mainly caused by B1G or SEC going to 16 for it to happen and it look something like this Pitt, Cuse, UL, Cincy, USF, UCF, Wake Forest, BC, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Navy. Therefore the best solution for USF is ACC because if Big 12 expands it will consist of FSU, Miami, Clemson and possibly VT at this point, leaving out USF so make the best of the situation in an ACC conference with ESPN tied into it.

acc has 14 members. they can lose 1 more, expand by 3 to get to 16 and we could be in. big 12 is weak. demographics are by far worse of any big conference. tv markets are terrible.

one thing you don't note about expansion is that the weak members are leaving the bigger conferences. not the string ones like florida state, miami, v tech. it's maryland, colorado, missouri, etc. not unc, texas, ou etc.

UVA, BC to big ten. huge tv markets. just what they want for big ten network. good academics.

big 12 has no reason to expand. won't add any more money. texas doesn't want it. big ten is driven by tv subscriber money (big markets = more money). big 12 is not. acc could then expand by 3 or 4 more to get to 16. usf is really one of the only realistic options. uconn, usf, cincy, temple.

Disagree. I don't see UVa going to the B1G. All they bring is the DC market, and the B1G just got that with Maryland. UVA brings nothing extra (in terms of cable subscribers) than Maryland did. UVa is more likely to go to the B12 while VT goes to the SEC.

BC is non-AAU, so they won't get the invite. They're stuck in the ACC/BE (or the MAC). Same for UCONN and Cuse

The only AAU schools left that make sense for the B1G are UNC, Duke, and Georgia Tech. I think it'll be UNC and GT, with NCSU going to the SEC and Duke stuck in the ACC/BE

http://en.wikipedia....an_Universities

Arizona

University of California

Berkeley

Davis

Irvine

Los Angeles

San Diego

Santa Barbara

Colorado

Florida

Georgia Tech

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Iowa State

Kansas

Maryland

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Missouri

Buffalo

Stony Brook

North Carolina

Ohio State

Oregon

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Purdue

Rutgers

Texas

Texas A&M

Virginia

Washington

Wisconsin

Private

Boston U

Brandeis

Brown

Caltech

Carnegie Mellon

Case Western

Chicago

Columbia

Cornell

Duke

Emory

Harvard

Johns Hopkins

MIT

Northwestern

NYU

Penn

Princeton

Rice

Rochester

USC

Stanford

Tulane

Vanderbilt

Wash U

Yale

Canadian

McGill

Toronto

neither is ND and just a quick check but I don't see Nebraska on there either. the big 10 would bend over backwards for ND . why not bring in one of their biggest rivals(BC)? UVA would never associate itself with the big 12.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

http://en.wikipedia....an_Universities

Arizona

University of California

Berkeley

Davis

Irvine

Los Angeles

San Diego

Santa Barbara

Colorado

Florida

Georgia Tech

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Iowa State

Kansas

Maryland

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Missouri

Buffalo

Stony Brook

North Carolina

Ohio State

Oregon

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Purdue

Rutgers

Texas

Texas A&M

Virginia

Washington

Wisconsin

Private

Boston U

Brandeis

Brown

Caltech

Carnegie Mellon

Case Western

Chicago

Columbia

Cornell

Duke

Emory

Harvard

Johns Hopkins

MIT

Northwestern

NYU

Penn

Princeton

Rice

Rochester

USC

Stanford

Tulane

Vanderbilt

Wash U

Yale

Canadian

McGill

Toronto

neither is ND and just a quick check but I don't see Nebraska on there either.

ND's special. IIRC, Nebraska actually was an AAU member at the time the B1G invited them, but lost it just as they were joining. B1G had some buyer's remorse on that one.

the big 10 would bend over backwards for ND . why not bring in one of their biggest rivals(BC)? UVA would never associate itself with the big 12.

If so, then UVa will either go to the SEC (package deal with VT?) or will be the key to keeping the ACC together as an entity. I really don't think the B1G will invite them.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Wait just a dang minute here. The question is "Which is better" not which is more likely. Two totally different questions. The money in the Big 12 is much,much, much better then the ACC and all this moving is about the money nothing more - nothing less. You guys trying to tell me if we all of a sudden had an invite to the big 12 and the ACC we are going with the cheap one ? Sure - you can have the new Corvette or the Hyundai Elantra ? I know which one I am picking.

Wait just a dang minute here. The question is "Which is better" not which is more likely. Two totally different questions. The money in the Big 12 is much,much, much better then the ACC and all this moving is about the money nothing more - nothing less. You guys trying to tell me if we all of a sudden had an invite to the big 12 and the ACC we are going with the cheap one ? Sure - you can have the new Corvette or the Hyundai Elantra ? I know which one I am picking.

ask wvu how much better it is. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more? no. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl. they will never see the hights they saw in the big east while in big 12. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

USF is in a predicament where it has to take what it can get. So, as want and pursue are related, it is reasonable to pick the more procurable option.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

ask wvu how much better it is. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more? no. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl. they will never see the hights they saw in the big east while in big 12. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

And yet WV did choose to go to the Big-12. Fooooor __ MORE MONEY ! If fans decided it would be a different landscape but they don't. Besides WV has only been there one year - give them time to see what they can do.