• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is better for USF... ACC or B12?

ACC or B12?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Stay right where we are. This thing needs to stew for a decade or so before we start looking at a second

round of "is this seat taken?". We need to climb our way to mediocrity. We need to have a conference

championship trophy, even if it is only six inches tall and made of plastic. We need to learn to swim

before signing up for the diving competition. CUSA-Phase II is custom made for us. We need to at least

plow through there (like was always thought we'd do in the BE) to prove we really, honest to god, do have

potential. :FIREdevil:

this. I would rather be BE/CUSA/Sun Belt champ for 5 straight years than 4-3,3-4,1-6,1-6 in conference every year. Being in the ACC/SEC/B12 doesnt affect my life at all. We arent in the NC picture and wont be for a long time. I want to go to games and have fun. Games are fun when you win. Not when you get clobbered every week and say"Hey at least we are in a good conference!!"

We need to go back to the drawing board and start over. Coach, conference, stadium, everything. I would rather be a CUSA champ with a likable, fired up HC, in a 40k OCS(not trying to start a thread here) anyday over 4-7 wins in a "power conference" in a red NFL stadium. Sorry but that just isnt fun for me. USF games havent been fun in a long time. I would like that to change.

Besides, if we do start winning conf champs - even in a lower conference - someone will notice eventually. We have power conference quality facilities. Better than most of the CUSA/MWC conf types. That will make us the more attractive school when it comes to recruiting anyway. I would rather be the best of the worst than the worst of the best(where we are now).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Stay right where we are. This thing needs to stew for a decade or so before we start looking at a second

round of "is this seat taken?". We need to climb our way to mediocrity. We need to have a conference

championship trophy, even if it is only six inches tall and made of plastic. We need to learn to swim

before signing up for the diving competition. CUSA-Phase II is custom made for us. We need to at least

plow through there (like was always thought we'd do in the BE) to prove we really, honest to god, do have

this. I would rather be BE/CUSA/Sun Belt champ for 5 straight years than 4-3,3-4,1-6,1-6 in conference every year. Being in the ACC/SEC/B12 doesnt affect my life at all. We arent in the NC picture and wont be for a long time. I want to go to games and have fun. Games are fun when you win. Not when you get clobbered every week and say"Hey at least we are in a good conference!!"

We need to go back to the drawing board and start over. Coach, conference, stadium, everything. I would rather be a CUSA champ with a likable, fired up HC, in a 40k OCS(not trying to start a thread here) anyday over 4-7 wins in a "power conference" in a red NFL stadium. Sorry but that just isnt fun for me. USF games havent been fun in a long time. I would like that to change.

Besides, if we do start winning conf champs - even in a lower conference - someone will notice eventually. We have power conference quality facilities. Better than most of the CUSA/MWC conf types. That will make us the more attractive school when it comes to recruiting anyway. I would rather be the best of the worst than the worst of the best(where we are now).

Amen brother!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Being best of the Group of 5 may actually be easier than struggling for a conference title in the Gang of 5.

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Answers to some of Bulls94 questions

1. ask wvu how much better it is

Than playing in a Big East right now that is turned upside down alot, question is if UL got in Big 12 would have WVU got into ACC possibly, but how secure is ACC

2. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more?

Yes they care as does USF fans, more money to pay coaches means more prestigous coach not looking up the ladder.

3. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl.

Does 7-5 suck, but 8-4 is a good season in Big 12 imo, we should have beaten TCU, lost to OU because of a missed extra point, and screwed up the OSU due to our special teams playing like 7th graders, does the "Pinstripe Bowl" suck yes but it plays the 4th BE team, and in Big 12 we wont lose money going to a bowl game like in Big East as Big 12 $$ assists the programs and buys any unsold tickets

4. they will never see the hights they saw in the big east while in big 12.

True, we are looking at making runs every 3-4 years like Nehlen days,

5. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank.

USF could compete in ACC but wont get into that league with FSU there or unless 4-5 schools leave,imo

6. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

That money will go to upgrading facilities, that recruits will be coming to visit and work in

7. wvu is nowhere near their natural recruiting grounds.

Yes, Florida has been a major part of recruiting but everyone is hitting Florida hard, we need 4-6 recruits out of that state a year, but now we have a way into Texas, also with the Big 12 TV deal our games have been nationally shown 10 out of 12 games mainly on FOX and FX with a few on ABC/ESPN

8. their fans can't travel easily anymore.

True but again fans only get about 5,000 tickets to away games through their school, so teams that have stadiums that are filled dont have many secondary market tickets therefore we dont need to travel as well, Its not like we could make a run up to PItt and get 10-15k seats, or make a vacation out of USF game with 8-10k tickets with 3-5k being sold through school or secondary market

9. they no longer play their biggest rival.

Correct we wont be playing Pitt, and Pitt is again gaining PSU rivalry, but I have to say that Pitt is most publicizaed rivalry Maryland may be most important for recruiting and market. Maryland and WVU make alot of money playing each other and will probably do a regular 3 game series of Home, away, Fedex stadium for next 9-12 years. Also the rivalry I miss more than Pitt is VT, and hopefully with Big12 expansion that may soon be another option

10. they will never compete on a regular basis with texas, oklahoma, etc etc. they are bottom half of league now.

Again we are looking at runs of every 3-4 years, yes there will be bad years, but a 8-4 record is good, and right now our players are talented enough in depth positions to compete week in week out in Big 12, recruiting is getting better and will help

11. they were 1 play from national champ game in big east. they will never get that close in big 12.

Probably not, but at least we have an oppurtunity to play in NC in Big 12, right now an undefeated team in Big East will never have that again

12. they certainly won'y win or share league title 6 out of 9 years or whatever it was in big east

Again we wont but there is a lot of excitement playing schools like Texas and OU though

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Than playing in a Big East right now that is turned upside down alot, question is if UL got in Big 12 would have WVU got into ACC possibly, but how secure is ACC

2. do you think their fans care that they can now pay their ad and coach millions more?

Yes they care as does USF fans, more money to pay coaches means more prestigous coach not looking up the ladder.

3. they moved and are now bottom tier. 7-5 for a team that would have walked away with big east and would be playing in a major bowl.

Does 7-5 suck, but 8-4 is a good season in Big 12 imo, we should have beaten TCU, lost to OU because of a missed extra point, and screwed up the OSU due to our special teams playing like 7th graders, does the "Pinstripe Bowl" suck yes but it plays the 4th BE team, and in Big 12 we wont lose money going to a bowl game like in Big East as Big 12 $$ assists the programs and buys any unsold tickets

5. we could compete in acc. I'd rather a conference that we can compete in rather than a conference that puts more money in the bank.

USF could compete in ACC but wont get into that league with FSU there or unless 4-5 schools leave,imo

6. I won't be the one sitting around counting all that money why we go 5-7 at best every year.

That money will go to upgrading facilities, that recruits will be coming to visit and work in

Yes, Florida has been a major part of recruiting but everyone is hitting Florida hard, we need 4-6 recruits out of that state a year, but now we have a way into Texas, also with the Big 12 TV deal our games have been nationally shown 10 out of 12 games mainly on FOX and FX with a few on ABC/ESPN

True but again fans only get about 5,000 tickets to away games through their school, so teams that have stadiums that are filled dont have many secondary market tickets therefore we dont need to travel as well, Its not like we could make a run up to PItt and get 10-15k seats, or make a vacation out of USF game with 8-10k tickets with 3-5k being sold through school or secondary market

Correct we wont be playing Pitt, and Pitt is again gaining PSU rivalry, but I have to say that Pitt is most publicizaed rivalry Maryland may be most important for recruiting and market. Maryland and WVU make alot of money playing each other and will probably do a regular 3 game series of Home, away, Fedex stadium for next 9-12 years. Also the rivalry I miss more than Pitt is VT, and hopefully with Big12 expansion that may soon be another option

10. they will never compete on a regular basis with texas, oklahoma, etc etc. they are bottom half of league now.

Again we are looking at runs of every 3-4 years, yes there will be bad years, but a 8-4 record is good, and right now our players are talented enough in depth positions to compete week in week out in Big 12, recruiting is getting better and will help

11. they were 1 play from national champ game in big east. they will never get that close in big 12.

Probably not, but at least we have an oppurtunity to play in NC in Big 12, right now an undefeated team in Big East will never have that again

12. they certainly won'y win or share league title 6 out of 9 years or whatever it was in big east

Again we wont but there is a lot of excitement playing schools like Texas and OU though

Agreed, how the other two posters want to be in a **** league, playing **** teams, and making **** money is beyond me. I don't know if we will get to a better conference any time soon, but this current situation is terrible. I guess you can put sprinkles on a turd.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

you like playing texas and OU now of course. tell me in 10 years when you're tired of losing to them 90% of the time. every 3-4 years is laughable. you sound like skip holtz with all the excuses for losing. you may have more to pay your coaches but compared to your conference mates, the ones you're competing against, you don't have squat. You're head coach will always be one of the lowest paid in the conference instead of being one of the highest paid in the big east. same with your facilities. sure you can build them nicer than big east teams but they will be nowhere as nice as big 12 teams especially texas and ou. you see you're not looking at it from the correct perspective. it's all relative to your peers. big east will have just as good a chance to play in playoffs as big 12. your odds of going undefeated in big 12 are much lower. it was an awful move for everything but stability. you're now low man on the totem pole in big 12. used to be big dog in big east. that's in everything. budget, facilities, travel, winning percentage etc.

do you know how many times oklahoma state, baylor, kansas, texas tech and iowa state have played for big 12 champ in last 30 years combined? 0

let's just say you're as good as k-state under snyder. they have played 3 times in 30 years. they won 1 of them. 1 title in 30 years. hell they've only played for it once every 10 years and that was under snyder who they have had a great run under.

compete for title every 3 or 4 years. yeah good luck with that.

Edited by Bull94

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

you like playing texas and OU now of course. tell me in 10 years when you're tired of losing to them 90% of the time. every 3-4 years is laughable. you sound like skip holtz with all the excuses for losing. you may have more to pay your coaches but compared to your conference mates, the ones you're competing against, you don't have squat. You're head coach will always be one of the lowest paid in the conference instead of being one of the highest paid in the big east. same with your facilities. sure you can build them nicer than big east teams but they will be nowhere as nice as big 12 teams especially texas and ou. you see you're not looking at it from the correct perspective. it's all relative to your peers. big east will have just as good a chance to play in playoffs as big 12. your odds of going undefeated in big 12 are much lower. it was an awful move for everything but stability. you're now low man on the totem pole in big 12. used to be big dog in big east. that's in everything. budget, facilities, travel, etc.

have to agree here. That conference will always belong to Texas and Oklahoma. You can make K-State and Okie St type runs sometimes, but you'll never be top dog. I would rather be Boise St than Arkansas or Baylor. Getting to compete for a conf championship once or twice a decade, living in the shadows of more storied programs versus winning the conference 8/10 times and getting a BCS bowl 3-4 of those times. It is a no brainer.

I am a fan. Not a player or a member of the athletic department. Those are the ones who should want to move up and be the better program. As a fan, I want to tailgate for a few hours, eat some good food, enjoy time with friends, and watch USF win their game so I can go home and get back to my life. Woolard and my coach getting paid an extra 500k has literally no effect on my life at all.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

This can't be serious.

This question is like asking someone on the Titanic which colored lifeboat would they prefer......the red one or the blue one.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

acc

dont think big 12 is an option

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

I am a fan. Not a player or a member of the athletic department. Those are the ones who should want to move up and be the better program. As a fan, I want to tailgate for a few hours, eat some good food, enjoy time with friends, and watch USF win their game so I can go home and get back to my life. Woolard and my coach getting paid an extra 500k has literally no effect on my life at all.

This.

Which is why I'd rather be back in 1AA than in the B12.

Best of all possible worlds would be a nice, stable ACC where we could play some decent hoops, win consistently in football, and make a run at the conference title every 5 years or so.

• Upvote 1