• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is better for USF... ACC or B12?

ACC or B12?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

ACC. Clearly.

If you think our road trips to games are bad now, just wait until you have to go to Bumfuck, Iowa and Backofbeyond, Kansas

Easy there bud - My family lives in Bumfuck, Iowa :)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ACC. Clearly.

If you think our road trips to games are bad now, just wait until you have to go to Bumfuck, Iowa and Backofbeyond, Kansas

Easy there bud - My family lives in Bumfuck, Iowa :)

Tell 'em to turn off the lights when they leave! :D

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Big 12 in the long run. ACC in the short run. When it is all over, there will be 4 major conferences. The big 12 will be one of them.

big 12 has awful tv markets. i wouldn't be so sure about that.

I'd much prefer ACC. we can compete and we are closer to opponents. we would be bottom tier in big 12 just like west virginia and tcu now .

So if USF gets into ACC it will take 4-5 teams out of the existing ACC mainly caused by B1G or SEC going to 16 for it to happen and it look something like this Pitt, Cuse, UL, Cincy, USF, UCF, Wake Forest, BC, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Navy. Therefore the best solution for USF is ACC because if Big 12 expands it will consist of FSU, Miami, Clemson and possibly VT at this point, leaving out USF so make the best of the situation in an ACC conference with ESPN tied into it.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Big East. Maybe we can win it now that all the good teams are gone.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

ACC. B12 only makes sense for prestige and TV-based funding compares with Big East. ACC is way better for travel, less Athletics spending, easier to win in, way better basketball, more likely to have fans at away games, closer bowl tie-ins.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Big 12 in the long run. ACC in the short run. When it is all over, there will be 4 major conferences. The big 12 will be one of them.

I'd much prefer ACC. we can compete and we are closer to opponents. we would be bottom tier in big 12 just like west virginia and tcu now .

So if USF gets into ACC it will take 4-5 teams out of the existing ACC mainly caused by B1G or SEC going to 16 for it to happen and it look something like this Pitt, Cuse, UL, Cincy, USF, UCF, Wake Forest, BC, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Navy. Therefore the best solution for USF is ACC because if Big 12 expands it will consist of FSU, Miami, Clemson and possibly VT at this point, leaving out USF so make the best of the situation in an ACC conference with ESPN tied into it.

acc has 14 members. they can lose 1 more, expand by 3 to get to 16 and we could be in. big 12 is weak. demographics are by far worse of any big conference. tv markets are terrible.

one thing you don't note about expansion is that the weak members are leaving the bigger conferences. not the string ones like florida state, miami, v tech. it's maryland, colorado, missouri, etc. not unc, texas, ou etc.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

acc has 14 members. they can lose 1 more, expand by 3 to get to 16 and we could be in. big 12 is weak. demographics are by far worse of any big conference. tv markets are terrible.

one thing you don't note about expansion is that the weak members are leaving the bigger conferences. not the string ones like florida state, miami, v tech. it's maryland, colorado, missouri, etc. not unc, texas, ou etc.

Interesting thought. Looks like UVa should be next, then.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wait I thought FSU to the big 12 was a "done deal" months ago..... Heh.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Interesting thought. Looks like UVa should be next, then.

UVA, BC to big ten. huge tv markets. just what they want for big ten network. good academics.

big 12 has no reason to expand. won't add any more money. texas doesn't want it. big ten is driven by tv subscriber money (big markets = more money). big 12 is not. acc could then expand by 3 or 4 more to get to 16. usf is really one of the only realistic options. uconn, usf, cincy, temple.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

One thing to consider, if we really do want to call ourselves a "soccer school", soccer is not a sponsored sport of the Big 12, so we would need to find a new home for soccer alone (WVU is Big 12 in all sports except MAC for soccer). Just something to consider if we went to the Big 12, where would we be able to move soccer to that will keep us at the level we are currently at?