• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think most of our recruits would relate to a young coach. If Taggart ain't young enough for you then I say go with Kliff Kingsbury, OC at TAMU.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Another reason why Willie Taggart:

He will get the students to the games. He is a young, charismatic coach that will appeal to a very fickle fan base. He can recruit Florida, and he is a coach that will stay at USF for a long time. We all knew that if Skip had a chance, he would leave on the first plane to South Bend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I wouldn't be upset if WT were hired, but I'd really rather this time around we shoot for giving a great DC or OC his first shot at a HC job. It may be the only way to breed a little loyalty in a world that is seemingly empty of it. I'd like to put on my green and gold glasses and think that maybe, just maybe, somebody might still want to stick with us for a while and make themselves a long-term fixture here. Perhaps its a pipe dream. Makes me miss that aspect of CJL.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

My only concern with Taggart is his youth.

I think that is a positive for many reasons. Honestly i get excited thinking of Taggart as coach...He is my #1 by far

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't be upset if WT were hired, but I'd really rather this time around we shoot for giving a great DC or OC his first shot at a HC job. It may be the only way to breed a little loyalty in a world that is seemingly empty of it. I'd like to put on my green and gold glasses and think that maybe, just maybe, somebody might still want to stick with us for a while and make themselves a long-term fixture here. Perhaps its a pipe dream. Makes me miss that aspect of CJL.

I don't think we'll have a shot at a coach like Leavitt unless one if our former players gets far enough to be a head coach down the line. Blackwell probably the closest fwiw.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Wonder if he moves up Purdue's list now that Jones took the cu job. Also would Cincy look at WT now?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

If jones is out of Cincy I foresee Taggart a candidate as well as Calvin Magee as Whit Babcock is the AD there and him and Calvin has ties at WVU. I also see Taggart as a possibility at Purdue as they do a lot of Florida recruiting also.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

In regards to Purdue:

http://btn.com/2012/12/03/dienhart-purdues-search-other-coaching-rumblings/

It’s worth noting that Burke has said he’s using Colts G.M. Ryan Grigson and Texans’ G.M. Rick Smith, two former Boilermakers, as consultants—along with ex-Colts G.M. Bill Polian.

Some feel Purdue also may be looking at NFL assistants, including perhaps Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Jacksonville Jaguars quarterbacks coach and ex-Purdue assistant Greg Olson and Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. Former Kansas coach Mark Mangino also reportedly has been contacted.

Others mentioned as possible targets at some point have been Illinois State coach Brock Spack, Fresno State coach Tim DeRuyter, Oregon offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich, Ball State coach Pete Lembo, Notre Dame offensive coordinator Chuck Martin, Louisiana Tech coach Sonny Dykes and Kent State coach Darrell Hazell—among others.

Gold and Black Illustrated reported on Friday that the school talked to Western Kentucky coach Willie Taggart.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Would Taggart be first choice to replace Strong at Loiusville? Hearing that may be the case and UL has the best mid size program and the $$$ to go with it.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

then your guy is Willie T or Magee

both of those guys would love USF