• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Mike White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

how many are offering AW as a QB?

All of his offers are for QB. The upside is too massive for him to be looked at at another position.

Um... you might want to quantify that... AW has two current COMMITABLE offers.... USF and NCState... he may or may not get an offer from UK next weekend... That said, he doesn't have any offers from upper tier programs. Also, other than a made for TV skills competition that has no game skill relevance he had little to no success as a QB in high school.

That's who AW is... all potential... nothing so far to back any of it up other than alot of talk.

Mike White has had multi-year success at HS and has a State Championship and Player of the Year award to his name.

I'll take on field success over potential any day.

Um, you might want to amend your statement.

His current list of offers from Rivals:

http://rivals.yahoo....-Woulard-127951

They list 15, and it usually is far from complete.

Sorry.... I was referring to actual offers where the schools would take his commitment and that he has mutual interest. I assumed I was debating with rational adults... my apologies. :facepalm: The other schools listed there either already have verbal commits from other QB's (Cincinnati for example) or are not commitable offers (Mississippi)

BTW.... that list is incorrect.... AW has a valid offer from NCST.

If you think that only two schools would accept a commiment from AW, you aren't being a rational adult.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

The quotes are all wacky.

I was just about to comment on that myself.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The quotes are all wacky.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just about to comment on that myself.

Until we get this fixed, let's insert our own delimiters, like this

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Why are we discussing AW on the MW thread....

Give this kid his own thread.... He's committed to USF, has not wavered, and is ready to come in and compete.... What he does when he gets here is up to him, but can AW stay in the AW thread?

I agree with you Skingraft

Edited by nobullaboutit

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Excited to see what White can do. Kid loves the program and is a proven winner.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

For those fans who wanted a recruiting site to evaluate and rank this kid, your wish has been granted by ESPN.  And the ranking is not that bad if you ask me,

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=58

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

ESPN Analyst
Updated 01/07/2013

From a drop back passing standpoint, White has fallen under the radar in our opinion for those programs that want a crisp, strong armed pocket passer that can work through progressions and make a variety of throws to all three levels of the field. He has very good size, height and the frame to bulk up. We like his balance and feet for a bigger guy. He has a good understanding of timing, gets set quickly and can get rid of the ball in a hurry when he needs to. He can see the entire field. Has experience with an array of throws in this scheme and is an accomplished deep ball passer with excellent touch. Shows very good zip on underneath throws and has enough arm strength to fit the ball into some tight spots on short and intermediate throws. His timing and his accuracy are both solid. He shows that he has decent ability to move in the pocket to buy time to throw, however, he is not much of a threat to pull the ball down to run. Throws well on the run to both sides on designed bootlegs and roll outs. Has the arm to drive the ball when on the move with power and zip. We like White's upside as a ball handler and play-action passer from within the pocket. He can get hot and into rhythm and look really good. There are tools to mold here not only for non-BCS programs, but potentially for some bottom-tier BCS schools who are looking for a passer from within the pocket.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Hmmm, not a bad write up.  I could do without the last sentence, though..."bottom tier".  Well, if the shoe fits...