• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I ask you, is USF a 'big time' school? If so, then what about... (Fennelly article)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yep. Article is full of contradictions and bad analysis. In other words, a typical Fennelly column.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

I see USF as "big time" in education and research. How can you call yourself "big time" in Florida sports when you don't even have a swim team (ex. UofF and last olympics). I support USF's efforts to get to "big time" from "nearly big time" in football with money and presence at games. I think they are at the door of "big time" (with one foot in) in basket ball now, and view the Holtz episode like a lateral in football where you might lose a yard for the opportunity to gain more. "Big Time" in football was thrown for a loss by Holtz, so my take is a new coach, and keep on supporting USF.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Martin Fennelly wanted Leavitt fired now he wants Holtz fired. I think Fennelly should be fired.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

first thing-- I see many people saying Cuse is pathetic. That used to be true but they are on the upswing. There are currently 3 teams tied (possibly 4) for the BE champion crown and Cuse at 5-2 is technically a co-champion (they wasted no time pointing this out).

But it's true-- I don't think this has much to do with how great a football team you currently bring to the table-- it's about media markets.

Anyway -- don't be fooled into thinking Fennelly is doing anything more than trolling us. If this article were written on the football field, he would get a personal foul for piling on.

Yeah-- we know we've sucked for the past two years (or forever as far as he is concerned). And NONE of us are happy about it.

this quote "But USF is so small that he'll be back. It's just generally accepted as so, no outrage, no nothing."

is so telling. No outrage my arse. The doing nothing part-- yeah, that can be said at this point from the school's point of view. But it ignores pointing out that Woolard has stated he will evaluate the situation at the end of the season (which last time I checked has not happened yet). This process is not new-- it's SOP. It's even been reiterated directly by Woolard during this season.

And I personally doubt whatever gets done happens on Saturday or Sunday-- it might even take a week. It might be that they keep Holtz. They might let him go. USF won't tell anyone what the hell they are doing-- not the fans and sure as hell not the media- ESPECIALLY NOT THIS CLOWN.

Folks-- Fennelly's agenda has ALWAYS BEEN THERE. This isn't anything new or cute or whimsical or revolutionary. Just a bearded twit who probably gets mad every time his editor tells him to write something about USF. He is an unkempt version of Bianchi -- an actual troll of a human being. I have zero respect for anything he writes about our program and you shouldn't either. Not so much because some of it is inaccurate or slanted against USF-- but because the guy doesn't really care or understand what this program has ever done. Sure-- he has the buzz words down-- occasionally slapping in the old "they were #2 for a week" as if we weren't ranked almost that whole 2007 season or most of the next for that matter. He can read a press kit. But then he let's his little stubbly fingers work their troll magic to produce this tripe. He is the kind of writer who revels in infuriating readers who are fans of a team while at the same time providing comedy for those of other teams.

So continue to stretch the truth, incite the fans, and work or your magic Marty Moose. We've got bird cages to line and plenty of electrons to spare. But know that we aren't all fooled by your consistent BS ramblings.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Glad I cancelled my Trib subscription. Don't miss it in the least.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Very accurate MikeG. I agree.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Big time school? Yes.

Big time football program? NOT CLOSE anymore...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Is Martin Fennelly big time?

The late Tom McEwen thinks not.

• Upvote 1