• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I ask you, is USF a 'big time' school? If so, then what about... (Fennelly article)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Great line from the article... "You can't have it both ways. You can't praise Holtz for recruiting better kids, then not blame him for playing players. You can't tout him for getting more out of his players in the classroom and not hold him responsible for their on-field performance."

From today's Tampa Tribune...

http://www2.tbo.com/...-usf-ar-578462/

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Preach it!!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Amen! Hope that article is dead wrong though. Skippy needs to pack his $h!t

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with the general tone of the argument. But it's quite funny how Fennelly gets lambasted when he writes something negative about the school/team that doesn't involve Holtz. He's dead wrong about football being the driving force. I offer Pitt and Cuse as perfect examples.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with the general tone of the argument. But it's quite funny how Fennelly gets lambasted when he writes something negative about the school/team that doesn't involve Holtz. He's dead wrong about football being the driving force. I offer Pitt and Cuse as perfect examples.

+1

His suggestion that UofL's football success is why the ACC chose it is also wrong. Yes, they won the BE last night. But I'm pretty confident it was UofL's basketball that was the deciding factor, plus a decent (but not great) football team.

Also, I'm calling BS on the whole "keeping UCF out" argument. Seems clear to me USF didn't try hard enough, if it tried at all. At the end, USF nominally supported the move (probably because it didn't have the votes to keep UCF out). But Fennelly doesn't criticize FSU or UM for blackballing us from the SEC and ACC (the underlying rationale seems to be, "well OF COURSE they'd keep USF out"), while telling us that karma is a b*itch because of our not wanting UCF to join the BE. In light of FSU and UM's positions, isn't it SMALL TIME for them to blackball us? Which is it, Fennelly?

Talk about small time. The MEDIA in this market (Greg Auman excepted) is SMALL TIME. I sometimes try to listen to Justin Pawlawski at lunch time on 98.7 but Gary Shelton is virtually unlistenable. He comes across as a grandpa who's watched a lot of football in his day but doesn't really know anything about USF and would just as much rather see USF fall off the face of the earth so he doesn't have to catch up or talk about them. That's my impression anyways.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

If we get "Blown Out" by Pitt Skippy better be fired on Saturday night or Sunday morning......

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I think most just read the article and do not understand the agenda. Guys, our good friend Martin is not writing this article to help make a statement to get Skippypoo fired. Martin wants to emphasize something he wants all his readers to believe....That USF is and will always be small time. He wants to be sure that we know and keep our place. Similar things have been said numorous times in the paper and on that punkass station 620. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to know what is really being said or what agenda is being espoused.

I want to see change and fast but will not lower myself to use him as an example as to why Skippypoo needs to be shown the door.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with the sentiments of this article as well as the one by Gary Shelton today. You cannot bring back Holtz just for the sake of brining him back and giving him more time to see his recruits mature. If we are not seeing progress then another year just wastes the programs and fans time and money.

What about this team that we are currently seeing shows us that there will be improvement next year, who will be the QB? Will someohow a 6-6 record be considered a major success and Skippy is the toast of the town..........

One thing nobody is mentioning is DW, i'm very uncomfortable with him. This is essentially his last job, he will retire after this, he just does not have that fear of reprucussions from poor decisions that a younger AD would. He can put his eggs into Skips basket and if he fails so what, he is retiring anyway. I highly doubt DW thinks about his legacy at USF.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Great line from the article... "You can't have it both ways. You can't praise Holtz for recruiting better kids, then not blame him for playing players. You can't tout him for getting more out of his players in the classroom and not hold him responsible for their on-field performance."

From today's Tampa Tribune...

http://www2.tbo.com/...-usf-ar-578462/

what is a "better kid"?

he needs to recruit better 'football players"

• Upvote 1