• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Divisional Split

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

This was the sceneario from day 1, Louisville & Cincy were not going to be split, they wanted to stay in the same division, one of the newbies had to get screwed, originally it was supposed to be Mouse Town, but once Temple was the last of the bunch to join, I am sure they were told prior to joining this was the most likely scenario to occur

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

What does Temple get for coming in to the conference quickly and filling WVU's spot for football? They get shafted to play in the west.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

This was the sceneario from day 1, Louisville & Cincy were not going to be split, they wanted to stay in the same division, one of the newbies had to get screwed, originally it was supposed to be Mouse Town, but once Temple was the last of the bunch to join, I am sure they were told prior to joining this was the most likely scenario to occur

Which teams want to be in Fla yearly for a game, UL and RU. Keep these 2 happy for a while holds Big East together. For USF and UCF they will have opposite teams at home each year in the east, so a team like UL will either be at UCF or USF every year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What does Temple get for coming in to the conference quickly and filling WVU's spot for football? They get shafted to play in the west.

Just until Navy comes on board. Then Temple goes back to the east.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901

maybe the team that finishes last in 12 should be the western team.

Edited by LoneBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Wanna bet Louisville cross rivalry is Boise?

Each team would play six games within its division and two games against the other division, including one permanent cross-division game. The annual cross-division games would be Cincinnati-Louisville, UConn-Rutgers, Boise State-San Diego State, Houston-SMU, Navy-Temple, UCF-USF and Memphis versus the 14th team.

How can USF-UCF be a cross division game when they're in the same division?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

So if Louisville stays in the BE, we get to go up there every other year. :yeahbaby: :yeahbaby: :yeahbaby:

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Temple really got screwed... even when they add Navy and I presume Air Force in 2014 I don't see how Temple comes back to the East.

Navy would be in the east and Air Force in the west, so Temple would remain in the west. The only way I can see Temple coming back the East is if they add two western schools when they go to 16 schools.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

An accurate description of the divisions is new members and old members except for UCF. Should have put temple in the east and UCF in the west to keep the new vs old member divisions.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Temple really got screwed... even when they add Navy and I presume Air Force in 2014 I don't see how Temple comes back to the East.

Navy would be in the east and Air Force in the west, so Temple would remain in the west. The only way I can see Temple coming back the East is if they add two western schools when they go to 16 schools.

Cincy will go west if BYU joins as that is a pretty attractive schedule (keeping Ville on the schedule).