• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The most alarming stat about this program

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,693
  • Days Won:  424

the most alarming stat about this program

... is that we've been in a conference for 10 years and never finished higher than 3rd.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There wasn't a single person watching that even remotely believed we weren't going to blow that lead. Hell, even the guy who runs the fake Chris Cosh twitter account was calling the loss as it was coming.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

It's not a stat, but sitting there knowing what will happen, telling yourself to NOT get too excited, letting yourself think for a second that, just maybe, and then...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

... is that we've been in a conference for 10 years and never finished higher than 3rd.

Are you related to Holtz? Somewhere you think you are the voice of reason and all I am hearing is your undying love for Holtz. It is really frustrating when some us are venting and you come across like the rest of us are idiots. Please take a step back and reflect on what you are saying. We are on the same team. We want the team to succeed. We would gladly take the 7-5 years back from this debacle. Yes I wanted Leavitt to go. Yes I was excited when Holtz got here. Yes I am surprised we are losing so much. What is the common denominator? Holtz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he turns it around but he truly believes his philiosophy works and it will be his downfall. He doesnt change. These same group people were fired from South Carolina including Holtz, Fitch, and Cosh. They have a history and not succeeding at the bigger level. Let us reason together.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

The most alarming stat about this program.................. Is that I can't even get in my celebratory USF touchdown bong rip in before Cosh's D gives up another TD!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,693
  • Days Won:  424

Are you related to Holtz? Somewhere you think you are the voice of reason and all I am hearing is your undying love for Holtz. It is really frustrating when some us are venting and you come across like the rest of us are idiots. Please take a step back and reflect on what you are saying. We are on the same team. We want the team to succeed. We would gladly take the 7-5 years back from this debacle. Yes I wanted Leavitt to go. Yes I was excited when Holtz got here. Yes I am surprised we are losing so much. What is the common denominator? Holtz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he turns it around but he truly believes his philiosophy works and it will be his downfall. He doesnt change. These same group people were fired from South Carolina including Holtz, Fitch, and Cosh. They have a history and not succeeding at the bigger level. Let us reason together.

Just because I don't feel the need to act like he just killed my first born doesn't mean I'm related to him ... and I am soooo sorry for your frustration about my critiquing of some of the venting. The frustration works both ways with seeing the same old **** regurgitated time and time again on here. I don't think all the ones venting are idiots ... just the ones who started 3 games ago, and continue, talking about bags and firings ... the ones who think that not renewing support is the way to solve anything ... the ones who think that they actually care more than the ones directly involved with this debacle of a year.

I don't know if Skip's going to succeed or not but I'm not sure what him not succeeding at South Carolina has to do with here. Seeing the success he had in CUSA, maybe all we have to do is muddle through this year and get to 2013. He'll be back in that environment again.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is what a coach that has a passion for winning looks like. (I couldn't care less about the folks up I75. Just happens to be a good example)

They were up 21-6 at this point.

I didn't see Charlie Strong yelling at anyone. I think Louisville has done ok this year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

This is what a coach that has a passion for winning looks like. (I couldn't care less about the folks up I75. Just happens to be a good example)

I didn't see Charlie Strong yelling at anyone. I think Louisville has done ok this year.

Have you heard UL fans' assessment of this team? Sure they are happy with that record but their common gripes are the same as ours:

1. No killer instinct

2. Play to opponents (see: FIU, southern miss)

We were both asking to lose. We just asked harder.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Have you heard UL fans' assessment of this team? Sure they are happy with that record but their common gripes are the same as ours:

1. No killer instinct

2. Play to opponents (see: FIU, southern miss)

This is pretty much the truth based on my conversations with UL fans this weekend. He's in good graces right now, obviously, because UL is winning.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114

This trend coincides with CLH coming in. CJL was a defense first coach who consistently placed his best athletes on defense and this is evident by the players we've placed into the NFL that are mostly defensive players. Just look at T-Rex (a hearlded CB) being shifted to receiver by CLH this probably would not have happened under CJL. Snyder was a "bend don't break" type coach and Cosh was said to have been even less aggressive when characterized before he came in and I think all would agree he's not aggressive in attacking the football. CJL's teams simply had OC problems. CLH philosophy was supposed to outscore the opposition that hasn't worked out very well.