• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The most alarming stat about this program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I count seven games in which USF led in fourth quarter and lost, another four in which game was tied in fourth quarter and USF lost. Twice, USF has blown fourth-quarter leads, only to win in overtime. If I'm missing something in that count, let me know ... (this is all since start of 2010 season)

Edited by Greg Auman

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I count seven games in which USF led in fourth quarter and lost, another four in which game was tied in fourth quarter and USF lost. Twice, USF has blown fourth-quarter leads, only to win in overtime. If I'm missing something in that count, let me know ... (this is all since start of 2010 season)

Holtz has weak Chakra or crosses the path of a black cat before every game...we've been very unlucky!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

So bottom line is 13 4th quarter blown leads in 32 games.

That's the defense blowing leads in 40% of the games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Greg coming through with the facts! PAOOWHH

Not as bad but still seems high. 7 outright blown leads and 4 blown ties means 11 out of 17 losses since 2010 were the kind of nail biters we are tired of.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

USFgrad84 ... being tied is not having a lead. And not sure you should really count blown leads if you still won the game ... still a very high number.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is what a coach that has a passion for winning looks like. (I couldn't care less about the folks up I75. Just happens to be a good example)

They were up 21-6 at this point.

I didn't see Charlie Strong yelling at anyone. I think Louisville has done ok this year.

Have you heard UL fans' assessment of this team? Sure they are happy with that record but their common gripes are the same as ours:

1. No killer instinct

2. Play to opponents (see: FIU, southern miss)

We were both asking to lose. We just asked harder.

LOL. Criticizing the job Strong has done this year? I don't think any comment is necessary.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3-12?????????????

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

This is what a coach that has a passion for winning looks like. (I couldn't care less about the folks up I75. Just happens to be a good example)

They were up 21-6 at this point.

This is awesome. I love it! Not a gator fan either, but I just got totally pumped up by watching this 8 seconds of video.

Muschamp is intense, almost makes Leavitt look tame. We need this kind of defensive mind. Find a promising SEC Defensive position coach or DC to replace Cosh.

A good Defense can make up for a mediocre offense, but not vice versa as evidenced in this whole season.

Poor to mediocre Defense is the reason for the OP's alarming stat.

Couldn't agree more. Let's get back to the JL years when we turned average defensive recruits into NFL talent. There was a time not too long ago when you could ask a Big East fan what USF is known for and their answer would be DEFENSE.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

USFgrad84 ... being tied is not having a lead. And not sure you should really count blown leads if you still won the game ... still a very high number.
<br /><br />I&#39;ll agree with your statement about ties. However, even if you won, the defense didn&#39;t hold the lead. Therefore, I&#39;ll count blown leads where the team still wins for the sake of this conversation. <br /><br /> Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hudspeth

What about Mark Hudspeth at ULL- great record at Northern Alabama, worked under Dan Mullen at Miss St, took ULL to a bowl game for the first time in 41 YEARS!!

Don't like mid-major coaches moving up, we tried that already (with Holtz), but if we did look that way, i would consider Hudspeth as well as Taggart