• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Instant Gratification

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Some of our fans are low brow. No thought process. They want instant gratification. It's stupid.

- Trust me. Judy and Doug know this situation blows and the fans aren't happy. If it makes you feel better to email them, go ahead. However the repeated idea tank of how they can get their attention is dumb.

- The department is committed to winning. They went out and got one of, if not the hottest mid major coach on the biz. It was considered a coup. For whatever reason ( and I don't care right now. There are another 15 threads dedicated to this topic) it hasn't worked out. However canning the guy now, midseason does nothing good for the program move on.

- The loss to Louisville sucked. However it's an undefeated team with one of the best QBs in the country. It's not like Prairie View drove the field on us to win that game.

- The idea of dumping tickets after two bad seasons is sad. We're not UF or Alabama. Our program depends on boosters and ticket holders to make budget...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Prairie View...Ball State... Temple

I agree, Skip is not going anywhere tomorrow, but the fans need to make our voices heard. Come January, we need a new coach leading this program. Doug absolutely needs to know that the fans won't continue to support the product that we have right now.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Some of our fans are low brow. No thought process. They want instant gratification. It's stupid. MAYBE

- Trust me. Judy and Doug know this situation blows and the fans aren't happy. If it makes you feel better to email them, go ahead. However the repeated idea tank of how they can get their attention is dumb. It's an effort other than sitting in here and complaining, nothing dumb about trying

- The department is committed to winning. They went out and got one of, if not the hottest mid major coach on the biz. It was considered a coup. For whatever reason ( and I don't care right now. There are another 15 threads dedicated to this topic) it hasn't worked out. However canning the guy now, midseason does nothing good for the program move on. They aren't committed to winning they got a coach who we smashed in a BOWL game, my problem with the hire from day one. You can't can him yet but you can fire cosh

- The loss to Louisville sucked. However it's an undefeated team with one of the best QBs in the country. It's not like Prairie View drove the field on us to win that game. Yes the loss sucked but we obviously were in a position to win so how good are they? Oh and you are right, Prairie View didn't do it to us BALL STATE DID!

- The idea of dumping tickets after two bad seasons is sad. We're not UF or Alabama. Our program depends on boosters and ticket holders to make budget...VERY TRUE, if I could be there I would be there people shouldn't dump

Edited by BigStormBrewing

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Prairie View...Ball State... Temple

I agree, Skip is not going anywhere tomorrow, but the fans need to make our voices heard. Come January, we need a new coach leading this program. Doug absolutely needs to know that the fans won't continue to support the product that we have right now.

Come December Skip and company need their walking papers

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

patience people. can't expect instant gratification.

we are in year three of a rebuild. we haven't bottomed yet. 15 returning starters, 24 seniors this year. we will be young and inexperienced next year.

it takes 4 (maybe 5) years to get rid of all of leavitt's guys. It will take another 2 or 3 years for skip's guys t o get experience. if everything goes perfectly then we should expect to contend for league title in year 7 or 8. what's this ? year 3? hang on and enjoy the ride.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

- The idea of dumping tickets after two bad seasons is sad. We're not UF or Alabama. Our program depends on boosters and ticket holders to make budget...

Oh believe me it is not an idea. We will probably see a 30%+ drop off in season ticket sales. I'll still buy my tickets but frankly I have mixed feelings about it. Football is about entertainment and a team that puts forward no effort and that has a coach that lacks a basic understanding of the game isn't terribly entertaining. The program we have had for the past couple of years is an embarrassment to an otherwise great university. I don't have a lot of sorrow over them failing to make budget or being forced into cutbacks. We seemed to compete harder when our coaches offices were in trailers anyway.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

First of all, if Skip was so hot, how come no other FBS school wanted him? He had a 1-3 Bowl Game record that was telling.

Second, Louisville is not as good as their ranking and the rest of the season will bear that out. I expect them to get thrashed by Rutgers, but will most likely lose at least one game before they travel to NJ at the end of the season. And Bridgewater is no where close to being one of the top QBs in the nation. I take it you missed K-State and Colin Klein completely and embarrassingly dismantling WVU and Geno Smith?

The bottom line is the team with the most talent on the field lost the game. That's damning.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I have been waiting three years for some instant gratification? WTF? Where is it? It's under a pile of **** called coaching! You can't run a play around the ends to score from three freaking inches! You blow a time out when the clock was going to stop any how on a first down conversion are you freaking joking!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Some of our fans are low brow. No thought process. They want instant gratification. It's stupid.

- Trust me. Judy and Doug know this situation blows and the fans aren't happy. If it makes you feel better to email them, go ahead. However the repeated idea tank of how they can get their attention is dumb.

- The department is committed to winning. They went out and got one of, if not the hottest mid major coach on the biz. It was considered a coup. For whatever reason ( and I don't care right now. There are another 15 threads dedicated to this topic) it hasn't worked out. However canning the guy now, midseason does nothing good for the program move on.

- The loss to Louisville sucked. However it's an undefeated team with one of the best QBs in the country. It's not like Prairie View drove the field on us to win that game.

I agree with points 1,2, and 4. I would comment on point 3, but the others need to be emphasized, IMO.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

patience people. can't expect instant gratification.

we are in year three of a rebuild. we haven't bottomed yet. 15 returning starters, 24 seniors this year. we will be young and inexperienced next year.

it takes 4 (maybe 5) years to get rid of all of leavitt's guys. It will take another 2 or 3 years for skip's guys t o get experience. if everything goes perfectly then we should expect to contend for league title in year 7 or 8. what's this ? year 3? hang on and enjoy the ride.

You're being sarcastic, right?