• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I still believe in Skip

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

So, Skip, just how good are you as a coach?

Holtz pauses, choosing his words carefully.

"If you judge by wins and losses, then I'm not very **** good," he said. "I'm not going to sit and try to argue these numbers. I'm not going to try to sell them and make them look pretty. You can dress up a pig but it's still a pig.

"If you judge by the health of the program, the academics, the character of the kids … give me time and I think I can give you a lot better answer. The guys we brought in are freshmen and redshirt freshmen. I'd at least like to be here long enough to see them shave."

So, Skip, are you the guy to make this program essential?

"I believe I am," he said. "We've won everywhere we've been, and we've built it the right way."

The ****** play sucks, but I believe Skip is 100% correct. We are 2.5 years into the second-coach-ever's era of a 15-year-old football program. I don't think a rah-rah coach who can pull off an upset or two is ideal. I want a coach who wants to patiently construct a well-rounded program for long-term success.

I think he hears our voice. I'm giving him a chance to right the ship. He has made a few tactical errors, sure, but I'm still in.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-bringing-up-rear-in-big-east-football/1255678

Edited by hm101
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He's likely got until the end of the season. Knowing his back is against the wall, I want to see some fight out of Skippy and this Skippy-coached team.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

We all WANT him to right the ship..we WANT to win and I would LOVE a CROW BUFFET to eat if he turns this around and becomes a USF Coaching Legend years down the road. As of right now, I just don't see it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We all WANT him to right the ship..we WANT to win and I would LOVE a CROW BUFFET to eat if he turns this around and becomes a USF Coaching Legend years down the road. As of right now, I just don't see it.

this. I would make it a television event. If we hadnt lost to Temple and BSU I honestly wouldnt even be stressing.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe he is better when he gets his own QB and open the playbook more. Maybe he will be better when involving our TEs more. Our offense should be aggressive in the future with a better QB and all of the WRs and good TEs we have (Price/McFarland). I think CSH can help bring us back, but I am just not sure the coordinators are the right fit for this program.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just keep in mind the more difficult conference teams, not just numbers-wise, but also that historically we've had trouble beating, are all ahead of us.

I am hoping for the best and will still cheer on our team, but I am prepared for a potential mushroom cloud at the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700

stop blaming this on the QB.....PERIOD!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

IMO, it's the lack of effort on game day that truly pisses me off. I might beable to take a few losses, but I cann NOT tolerate lack of effort.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

Not an attack on the QB, but perhaps is strategy is different or would be different. I did not follow him close enough at ECU. I have seen some Michigan games where Hoke is obviously running a bunch of different plays with Robinson then he likely will w/ Morris in the future.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Really tough to be optimistic after such lack luster play on the defensive side of the ball... We can't afford to be a team that takes high character players. It all sounds great, Skip, but the decline on defense (especially in our intensity on defense) is what is truly frightening.