• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we lose to Temple.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

blow up program and start obver

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

nuclear-explosion.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

Charlie Weis takes issue with Kansas student newspaper's coverage

By Jerry Hinnen | Blogger

October 4, 2012 5:08 pm ET

With his team sitting at 1-3 after dropping nonconference games to Rice and Northern Illinois -- and facing down a daunting seven-Big 12-games-in-seven-weeks gauntlet that kicks off Saturday against No. 7 Kansas State -- you might think first-year Kansas head coach Charlie Weis would have bigger things to worry about than the slings and arrows of the school newspaper.

Not so, as he proved on his Twitter account Thursday:

Coach Charlie Weis@CoachWeisKansas

Team slammed by our own school newspaper. Amazing! No problem with opponents paper or local media. You deserve what you get! But, not home!

4 Oct 12

Coach Charlie Weis@CoachWeisKansas

I personally could care less. You are what are. On the other hand, if I don't support the players good or bad, who will??

4 Oct 12

But what prompted Weis to speak out in the first place? In lieu of anything specific, it seems very likely to be this cover story from the University Daily Kansan:

dailykansan.jpg

Is this illustration particularly kind to, as Weis would put it, Lawrence's "home" team? No, it's not, and doubly so considering it's the rival Wildcats -- arguably the Jayhawks' only true football rival now that Missouri is off the schedule -- who have the cartoon Jayhawk clinging tenuously to the goal post.

But it's not the Kansan's role to be kind -- it's to put out the most accurate, highest-quality paper it can, and there's no denying that picture is an entirely accurate summation of the two programs' current standing. (The Wildcats are currently 24-point favorites.)

If Weis really wants better treatment from the student newspaper, we have a simple suggestion: Don't lose to Rice and Northern Illinois.

I guess it could be worse?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Please win this game. I'm heading to Louisville in a couple weeks and a loss of this game would cast a serious pall over that game for me, and probably the fans and team too.

We'll be there as well. But L'ville is in Bourbon country. We'll make the best of things.

Cool, what section are your seats? I'm in 201.

Sect 102, Row B. About the same as 2 years ago if I remember. We had to move up a few rows to get a decent view. I know Athletics think they are doing you a favor by putting you close to the field. Had a conversation with someone there a couple of years ago. "Good" seats are subjective and they do what they think is best.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Please win this game. I'm heading to Louisville in a couple weeks and a loss of this game would cast a serious pall over that game for me, and probably the fans and team too.

We'll be there as well. But L'ville is in Bourbon country. We'll make the best of things.

Sect 102, Row B. About the same as 2 years ago if I remember. We had to move up a few rows to get a decent view. I know Athletics think they are doing you a favor by putting you close to the field. Had a conversation with someone there a couple of years ago. "Good" seats are subjective and they do what they think is best.

Cool, you'll be just below me and to the left a bit, facing the field. Looking forward to the drive through Nashville and up through bourbon country, like you said.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

Pull names off jerseys and bench anybody caught smiling.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Pull names off jerseys and bench anybody caught smiling.

I like it ...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

You did that a couple of years ago and look where it got you.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Neutering is not the same as blowing it up.

You're exagerating.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Cool, you'll be just below me and to the left a bit, facing the field. Looking forward to the drive through Nashville and up through bourbon country, like you said.

Are you going to overnight in Nashville?

I was the Beverage/Night Manager at the Wildhorse Saloon in 2001. Trying to keep track of a dozen bartenders, a couple of bar backs and a whole bunch of servers in an 80,000 square foot club was like herding cats.

Edited by Plantation Pete