• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3-10 in the last 13...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Dang man, we suck.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

wow looks like we are in for a rough 2 years. where's the rum?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332

Who's the hottest JUCO qb out there right now? Need an insurance policy for Woulard.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Without question the worst run in USF football history.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Losses for next year on offense - BJ, Lamar, Murray, Shields, Hawkins, Landi, Popek, Estenor (6 starters and 2 backups)

Losses on defense - Grissom, Barrington, Lanaris, jeune, Webster, Lejiste, Baker (5 starters and 2 backups)

Throw in Bonani and Brockhaus Kann on special teams.

We have not recruited well enough to slide people in at all those positions.

BJ is the only huge loss IMO. On the other hand BJ is not a great QB.

Ouch

Webster and Baker are seniors, both having good years. Webster will be playing on Sundays next year.

From memory it sure seems like most every big pass play has gone against a corner besides these 2. I know second corner was a concern before the year, but I feel Baker really stepped up.

My biggest worry, and I know we've got a lot of youth at the position, is that this might be a huge detriment to next year.

I appreciate every single Senior that we have on our roster. Great kids that represented our university well over the past 4 or 5 years. BJ, Lamar, Murray, Shields, Hawkins, Landi, Popek, Estenor, Grissom, Barrington, Lanaris, jeune, Webster, Lejiste, Baker Bonani and Brockhaus Kann. We are lucky that they chose to come to USF!

Hopefully our next class will represent us this well on and off the field.

With that said...

In the Senior group on D....... who demands a double team on defense? Can any of the LBs get to the QB consistently? Can any of our LBs cover a TE one on one? Can you leave any of our DBs on an island? How many Ints, pass deflections and fumble recoveries are we losing? How many sacks or TFL are we losing?

In the Senior group on O.... Take BJ out of the equation(again he will be tough to replace). How many yards are we losing at the TE position? How many rushing yards are we losing at RB? How many receiving yards are we losing? How many TDs are we losing? How well do the RBs and TEs block? Anybody on offense demand a double team?

The difference between a great team and an average team is impact players. Impact players make impact plays and are consistent. There is a reason why our record is always around the .500 mark.

We need our under class men to step up this year and beyond.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The underclassmen can't beat out the "non impact" players.

For example, at RB, Shaw is behind Murray and Lamar regardless of how many yards they have. Also, next year with Murray and Lamar gone, you have battles (sr), shaw (sr), Pierre (rjr) and Willie davis (rso). Who is impact in that group?

Yardage for TE is useless since we don't throw to them. We have Price and McFarland. One maybe impact guy and one guy who hasn't gotten on the field much at all.

There are impact guys all over the defense, but being misused in a system that asks them to sit back and react. The staff felt bad enough about the underclassmen at DB that they brought in 2 jucos last year, and that was a bust. They're hunting around for a couple juco linebackers in this class.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

I think we need to embrace that Nevada win-- that is this years ND win so far. They aren't too bad of a team-- they will fare better than us this season for sure.

also--- can you imagine how inept our offense would be if we didn't even have BJ? He's one of the few players making any offensive contribution period.

good god-- the results of Holtz recruiting are MISERABLE. Is there anything/recruit worth seeing next year (besides the new QB who may or may not de-commit yet again)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think we need to embrace that Nevada win-- that is this years ND win so far. They aren't too bad of a team-- they will fare better than us this season for sure.

also--- can you imagine how inept our offense would be if we didn't even have BJ? He's one of the few players making any offensive contribution period.

good god-- the results of Holtz recruiting are MISERABLE. Is there anything/recruit worth seeing next year (besides the new QB who may or may not de-commit yet again)

Has it really come to this? Wake me from this nightmare.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

Has it really come to this? Wake me from this nightmare.

you aren't dreaming-- I can't wake you up

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

In the Senior group on D....... who demands a double team on defense? Can any of the LBs get to the QB consistently? Can any of our LBs cover a TE one on one? Can you leave any of our DBs on an island? How many Ints, pass deflections and fumble recoveries are we losing? How many sacks or TFL are we losing?

In the Senior group on O.... Take BJ out of the equation(again he will be tough to replace). How many yards are we losing at the TE position? How many rushing yards are we losing at RB? How many receiving yards are we losing? How many TDs are we losing? How well do the RBs and TEs block? Anybody on offense demand a double team?

The difference between a great team and an average team is impact players. Impact players make impact plays and are consistent. There is a reason why our record is always around the .500 mark.

We need our under class men to step up this year and beyond.

Grissom demands a double team, Barrington can man cover and I'm ok with Webster on an island.... But I get your point for sure. And those are the only 3 that will likely have NFL jobs out of this class.