• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You would think we are 5-7 already

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough.

I've seen alot of people make this excuse, but realistically it just doesn't hold water. We didn't play a late game out west, we played a game that was 3:30 Eastern Time. The game got done around 7PM our time, and even if they didn't take off till around 10PM our time, they still should have gotten in sometime around 1AM. Is this any different than if we were playing a night game on Saturday at basically any other Big East team?

Uhhhhh, the team got home at 4:00am eastern time.

Holtz said that was not the reason they lost. Its only that they played sloppy and the ball did not bounce their way. In addition to not being able to run the ball.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

As a fan you should be concerned.......

Since joining the Big East in the regular season against FBS Opponents September and November are the most favorable months for USF to win games.

September = 77% Winning Percentage

October = 39%

November = 60%

December = 0%

In September USF has already lost it share of games. Which could mean a win against Ball State and FSU. (4 -1)

In October @Temple, @ Louisville and home against Syracuse means they only win 1 of the 3 games. (1 - 2)

In November USF probably win 2 of 3 games. They play UConn at home andCincinnati and Miami on the road. (2 -1)

In December home against Pitt, a win would be unprecedented. (0 -1)

Total 7 - 5 (This is assuming a win against FSU)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

All that said. I never truly thought we were going to when this game anyways. Coming back from nevada practicing with no sleep on sunday and then going at it on a thursday night against a top 3 big east team is pretty tough.

I've seen alot of people make this excuse, but realistically it just doesn't hold water. We didn't play a late game out west, we played a game that was 3:30 Eastern Time. The game got done around 7PM our time, and even if they didn't take off till around 10PM our time, they still should have gotten in sometime around 1AM. Is this any different than if we were playing a night game on Saturday at basically any other Big East team?

That's earlier than they would have gotten home from clubbing if the game had been in Tampa! :icon_drink: The are young, and they are conditioned athletes, so that's not an excuse for their performance on Thursday night!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That's earlier than they would have gotten home from clubbing if the game had been in Tampa! :icon_drink: The are young, and they are conditioned athletes, so that's not an excuse for their performance on Thursday night!

Oh I agree I just pointing out that it was not a 1am arrival.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I was just trying to estimate based on times (apparently they have a horrible travel agent then :wacko: ). However my general point still stands, as it isn't that much (if at all) any different then if they played a game at Cuse/Pitt/Cincy at night that Saturday. They've would have gotten in generally the same time, and I don't think we'd here near the excuse making as we do with the Nevada game.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I was just trying to estimate based on times (apparently they have a horrible travel agent then :wacko: ). However my general point still stands, as it isn't that much (if at all) any different then if they played a game at Cuse/Pitt/Cincy at night that Saturday. They've would have gotten in generally the same time, and I don't think we'd here near the excuse making as we do with the Nevada game.

Difference is Rutgers played Howard at home and we played a very tough team 4000 feet above sea level in Nevada that we went to 4 to 5 days early so we didn't have jet lag and came home and played a game 4 days later... And I never said it was an excuse I just said I didn't think we would win. I thought we'd look tired and we'd get beat in the fourth quarter which kind of happened but our defense played much better than I would've have hoped and our offense didn't. In the end the point is it's just one game and we won't know anything about this team until we play UofL. Ball State we should win, FSU we should lose, Temple we should win, and UofL is up next with two weeks of prep... We'll see if that is all true but that looks like the ultimate barometer for me.

Edited by tampatony

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

5 pages of this back and forth, but the fact remains this. Rutgers SUCKS. Game was at home. Rutgers was GUTTED over the off season and are going to get absolutely pounded the rest of the way. The Big East is a shell of what it used to be while under CJL. Seriously, look at this conference! It's pathetic! Seriously folks, when you have to point to LOUISVILLE as the team you have to worry about, that's nauseating! This was the year we should've rolled this conference. Senior QB who has more than enough talent to beat that level of competition if USED CORRECTLY. We're not playing an SEC schedule. Hell, we're not even playing a great Big East schedule. Imagine if WVU and TCU were in here.

This conference is a joke and the excuses are no longer valid. We have great facilities and offer some of the best players in the COUNTRY a chance to stay home and play in front of their families in a pro stadium.

The problem isn't money, facilities etc. It's the inability of our head coach to SELL A VISION that greatness can be had at USF. Look at the teams in the top 25 and every year there are teams which would kill for our situation, yet they perform better bc THEY ARE BETTER GAME DAY COACHES.

Outside of the top 10 teams in the country, the talent is pretty similar across the board between numbers 11-40. The difference in 11 and 40 is the ability to game plan not only against the other team, but to USE YOUR OWN PLAYERS WISELY.

I really like Skip and when all my ECU friends said he was a great guy but terrible game day coach, I wouldn't listen. Now, I can only watch and say, they're right when their texts came flooding in after everyone in the country saw USF vomit all over itself on national TV at home against a pathetic D1 team. This wasn't Rutgers with Ray Rice who has proven hard for NFL teams to stop and we choked at home.

Do I expect national titles? No. But do I expect to realistically win this joke of a conference? Hell yes. When the competition decreases, if the level of play stays the same the results get better. Instead, the conference is watered down and we look worse, that is why folks are pissed.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 pages of this back and forth, but the fact remains this. Rutgers SUCKS. Game was at home. Rutgers was GUTTED over the off season and are going to get absolutely pounded the rest of the way. The Big East is a shell of what it used to be while under CJL. Seriously, look at this conference! It's pathetic! Seriously folks, when you have to point to LOUISVILLE as the team you have to worry about, that's nauseating! This was the year we should've rolled this conference. Senior QB who has more than enough talent to beat that level of competition if USED CORRECTLY. We're not playing an SEC schedule. Hell, we're not even playing a great Big East schedule. Imagine if WVU and TCU were in here.

This conference is a joke and the excuses are no longer valid. We have great facilities and offer some of the best players in the COUNTRY a chance to stay home and play in front of their families in a pro stadium.

The problem isn't money, facilities etc. It's the inability of our head coach to SELL A VISION that greatness can be had at USF. Look at the teams in the top 25 and every year there are teams which would kill for our situation, yet they perform better bc THEY ARE BETTER GAME DAY COACHES.

Outside of the top 10 teams in the country, the talent is pretty similar across the board between numbers 11-40. The difference in 11 and 40 is the ability to game plan not only against the other team, but to USE YOUR OWN PLAYERS WISELY.

I really like Skip and when all my ECU friends said he was a great guy but terrible game day coach, I wouldn't listen. Now, I can only watch and say, they're right when their texts came flooding in after everyone in the country saw USF vomit all over itself on national TV at home against a pathetic D1 team. This wasn't Rutgers with Ray Rice who has proven hard for NFL teams to stop and we choked at home.

Do I expect national titles? No. But do I expect to realistically win this joke of a conference? Hell yes. When the competition decreases, if the level of play stays the same the results get better. Instead, the conference is watered down and we look worse, that is why folks are pissed.

And see... I was trying to get over it and be positive starting today, but, you're spot on here and I am depressed again.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

5 pages of this back and forth, but the fact remains this. Rutgers SUCKS. Game was at home. Rutgers was GUTTED over the off season and are going to get absolutely pounded the rest of the way.

Explain to me how Rutgers was "GUTTED"???

They returned 16 starters and sure they lost Schiano but he was replaced with Schiano's right hand man who has been with the program since 2005 and has been Assistant Head Coach since 2008.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I really like Skip and when all my ECU friends said he was a great guy but terrible game day coach, I wouldn't listen. Now, I can only watch and say, they're right when their texts came flooding in after everyone in the country saw USF vomit all over itself on national TV at home against a pathetic D1 team.

I have been a member of this board for a long time...and there is ONE thing that ALWAYS remains consistent. The members who get most upset about the teams performance are usually the same ones that feel embarrassed among their friends for running their mouth too much about how great USF is.

Seems like you are more angry that you have some ECU friends that "flooded you" with trash talk after the loss and that is why you are upset.

• Upvote 2