• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The reason we didnt pass rush gary nova

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Cancel the radio show and figure out how to fix this train wreck. Especially with dumb answers like that. One day I want to get paid millions and suck at my job

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I personally miss the wally/Leavitt days where USF had the identity of a mean and tough defense that was going to come after you and hit you hard. Those days were exciting with a gutsy coach that called fake punts and pushed the issue. The Holtz years have not only been unsuccessful but boring as well...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As opposed to minimum wage and sucking at your job like you do now?

Ok, I couldn't help myself. Sorry.

Cancel the radio show and figure out how to fix this train wreck. Especially with dumb answers like that. One day I want to get paid millions and suck at my job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Is the radio show on line anywhere to hear the whole conversation?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

He plays this team too conservative, both on offense and defense. More like he's trying to prevent the other team from winning rather than going out there and doing what it takes to win a game. We have a predictable unproductive offense, and a defense that plays with pillows. We need to go out there and jam the ball down their throats, and hit them so hard that they are afraid to catch over the middle and on screen passes.

Frustration is slowly taking over, im just gonna wait to see what happens on Saturday.

Edited by Nebolsky

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Really? That was his answer for real?

Stating the obvious here, but what the heck does Fajardo's skill set have to do with Nova's skill set in the way you game plan?

Wow. This is a messed up team.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

He plays this team too conservative, both on offense and defense. More like he's trying to prevent the other team from winning rather than going out there and doing what it takes to win a game. We have a predictable unproductive offense, and a defense that plays with pillows. We need to go out there and jam the ball down their throats, and hit them so hard that they are afraid to catch over the middle and on screen passes.

Frustration is slowly taking over, im just gonna wait to see what happens on Saturday.

You are 100% correct on the conservative nature.

I've thought about this alot this past week and I really think it boils down to the inability to change and adapt with this whole staff. When Holtz was at ECU, they did fairly well against BCS level competition (atleast making most games competitive), mostly because of that conservative approach. Realistically though, that approach made sense then. They were going up against teams that were bigger, more talented and more athletic. Your best chance at winning those games is to slow the game down (limit their chances), and do your best to avoid the big mistake to keep things close. Anything can happen in a close game, and it gave them the best chance to win.

However, USF is not outmatched like ECU was. We are as (if not more) talented then almost every team thats been on our schedule over the past 2 years (outside of FSU this year). Playing extremely conservative in an evenly matched game doesn't make much sense, and makes even less sense when it causes you to not take advantage of mismatches in talent. It seemed we had that edge at the beginning of last year, but competely lost it once we had one loss on the season and have never gotten it back since then. This staff has balled up in a corner and I don't know what its going to take for them to realize playing this tight in everygame is not working.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I personally miss the wally/Leavitt days where USF had the identity of a mean and tough defense that was going to come after you and hit you hard. Those days were exciting with a gutsy coach that called fake punts and pushed the issue. The Holtz years have not only been unsuccessful but boring as well...

But you had a crap-ton of stupid mistakes that just zapped offensive or defensive momentum. There has to be a happy medium!