• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The reason we didnt pass rush gary nova

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I can respect that answer, but it still isnt an excuse for not doing it the ENTIRE game. I hate this ******* conservative ********. Rush and blitz the **** out of him and make him hit receivers or use his feet. If he gets us on it, adjust and bring it back a little bit and only use it sparingly. Just because something isnt working at the moment doesnt mean give up on it the whole game or season, just try to work it in different ways. WTF seriously? I hate to armchair coach but that is literally the first rule. Dont just throw a play or scheme out because it didnt work on one or two possessions.

I pray that we rush EJM or we are ******.

I see two glaring weaknesses on this team and unfortunately the coaching staff has not made any adjustments.

Coming into this year the coaching staff thought that the strength of this team would be the play of the front 7 and QB.

The front 7 is not getting any pressure on opposing QBs. Its a good group but unfortunately not a great group. They need to change the defensive schemes. The 4 down linemen are not getting enough pressure on their own. I believe that Cosh thought that rushing 4 and dropping everyone else back would give them the best chance to win. Coming into this year I would have agreed. If we had a Selvie or JPP type on our team this would probably be the best defense for us. Not having that pass rush is killing us right now. All we are doing is trying to bull rush or speed rush our way to the QB. I would love to see more blitzing with our linebackers and defensive backs. A 3-4 would be tough to field with our personnel but we need to get more speed on the field to try to put pressure. Right now we are too predictable. Get Whitehurst, Caprice and Cliett on the field more often. Zone blitz, run blitz, lets do something different.

Edited by Ernesto729

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

No excuses. We should have rush him more. He would have had less completed passes and 3rd down conversions. No doubt.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lets do something different.

All that needs to be said here.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think the refs tried to stop the holding but gave up totally by the second quarter. So frustrating.

AMEN TO THAT...I was getting so pissed at the missed holding calls...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I really hope this is a made up post

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I thought we held back on the pass rush because of the humidity.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I thought we held back on the pass rush because of the humidity.

I thought maybe it was because of the altitude

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I can respect that answer, but it still isnt an excuse for not doing it the ENTIRE game. I hate this ******* conservative ********. Rush and blitz the **** out of him and make him hit receivers or use his feet. If he gets us on it, adjust and bring it back a little bit and only use it sparingly. Just because something isnt working at the moment doesnt mean give up on it the whole game or season, just try to work it in different ways. WTF seriously? I hate to armchair coach but that is literally the first rule. Dont just throw a play or scheme out because it didnt work on one or two possessions.

I see two glaring weaknesses on this team and unfortunately the coaching staff has not made any adjustments.

Coming into this year the coaching staff thought that the strength of this team would be the play of the front 7 and QB.

The front 7 is not getting any pressure on opposing QBs. Its a good group but unfortunately not a great group. They need to change the defensive schemes. The 4 down linemen are not getting enough pressure on their own. I believe that Cosh thought that rushing 4 and dropping everyone else back would give them the best chance to win. Coming into this year I would have agreed. If we had a Selvie or JPP type on our team this would probably be the best defense for us. Not having that pass rush is killing us right now. All we are doing is trying to bull rush or speed rush our way to the QB. I would love to see more blitzing with our linebackers and defensive backs. A 3-4 would be tough to field with our personnel but we need to get more speed on the field to try to put pressure. Right now we are too predictable. Get Whitehurst, Caprice and Cliett on the field more often. Zone blitz, run blitz, lets do something different.

The biggest glaring weakness to me is our coaching.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No qb should ever come out with his uniform clean. D didn't do the job then.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The biggest glaring weakness to me is our coaching.

a stud DE and QB will do wonders... We have nobody on defense that requires a double team. Not good.