• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#PetrinoForUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wait, Wasnt it just a couple of years ago everyone was telling me that CSH was THE guy to take the Bulls to the next level? That we HAD to get rid of CJL, so we could move forward? And as soon as the next guy who comes in you all will be telling me how HE is going to take us to the next level, until he loses that is.

Bring back CJL.

This

Kansas State has hired Bill Snyder three times. Why can't USF do it? I mean they didn't fire Snyder in disgrace, though, but I'd take Leavitt back. I'd rather have Petrino or Pete Carrol, though. Swing for the fences.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

Hi All, !rst Post.

Petrino can't seem to "commit" to anything. Not even his wife. He can stay away!

Here are some of my suggestions:

Brent Venables

Chad Morris

Shane Beamer

Bud Foster

Burton Burns

Kirby Smart

John Chavis

To name a "few."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Id rather have a homegrown guy, not one tainted by the stench of where they came from. I couldnt get behind a Pete Carrol or Bobby Petrino. Even if we won, I couldnt help but think, oh that a-hole over there is all smug and full of himself because he did what the others couldn't and then it wouldnt be about the team it would be about the coach. And f' that. id rather the kids won than the coach winning.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Leavitt got a settlement. Apparently the evidence wasn't so overwhelming that USF could just tell him to go piss up a rope. It could be spun. Hell, he could be required to see an anger management therapist as part of his new contract.

Sign ideas for (insert home game here)...

BRING BACK THE JIM!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

What's Tony Dungy doing these days? He has local roots and parents would line up to send their sons to be mentored by him.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol are we really calling for CJL to come back? How did it come to this?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly I was one who wanted Leavitt fired because he couldn't get competent coordinators to come coach for him. Coaches hated working for him. Leavitt would've been a great one if he stuck to being the CEO-type coach that gives another coach complete control of offense and another complete control of defense. Trust me, with our speed, if the coach doesn't run the team like Hitler, we'd have had a choice of great minds to run the offense and defense.

Skip should be able to get guys like that, but instead he insists on bringing in his guys. You don't need to be friends, you need someone who can put points on the board.

Leavitt would've been a huge success (or bigger, I think he deserves credit for bringing us what we got for a startup program) if he had better coordinators, and Skip is having the same issue, except he's not the motivater that Jim was.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly I was one who wanted Leavitt fired because he couldn't get competent coordinators to come coach for him. Coaches hated working for him. Leavitt would've been a great one if he stuck to being the CEO-type coach that gives another coach complete control of offense and another complete control of defense. Trust me, with our speed, if the coach doesn't run the team like Hitler, we'd have had a choice of great minds to run the offense and defense.

Skip should be able to get guys like that, but instead he insists on bringing in his guys. You don't need to be friends, you need someone who can put points on the board.

Leavitt would've been a huge success (or bigger, I think he deserves credit for bringing us what we got for a startup program) if he had better coordinators, and Skip is having the same issue, except he's not the motivater that Jim was.

To be fair, it was more The Jim's inability to find a quality O-Coord. Burnham was a very very good D-Coord and great developer of talent. We had top defenses under him, and sent numerous players to the NFL. And you need look no further than the relative success he's had up in Iowa St on defense (as well as developing players - Iowa St. had a co-defensive player of the year for the Big 12 a year or two ago).

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

To be fair, it was more The Jim's inability to find a quality O-Coord. Burnham was a very very good D-Coord and great developer of talent. We had top defenses under him, and sent numerous players to the NFL. And you need look no further than the relative success he's had up in Iowa St on defense (as well as developing players - Iowa St. had a co-defensive player of the year for the Big 12 a year or two ago).

I want Wally back as DC so bad!!!

• Upvote 1