• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingos

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

Will have mine on Thursday night and I hope ESECPN zooms right the hell in on it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm not a fan, but if folks want to go ahead and bring, go ahead and bring.'em to games. I just think it's funny we had a huge thread on WF prior to the first game and NOT ONE was seen at the UTC game. Would have been a great place and time to start if it was going to take off.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

War Flamingo, y'all!!!!!!!!!!

I'd buy that on a shirt... since this is being described as a "TBP tradition" I will have to order one for the next game.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure about any tradition thing but I place them (Flamingos) in my tailgate "yard" prior to big games. Especially Miami.I put them down right after I shake some Amdro ant bait around my digs. Haven't had an ant bite since I started that tradition.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

its stupid...your like the girl in "mean girls" stop trying to make "fetch" happen. This is not a thing, never will be, you guys made it up and its your thing. Its not a university thing.

You watched "Mean Girls?"

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Flamingo Flameout

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,649
  • Days Won:  29

Our Bull Horn fingers are mocked by most outside of Tamplona, that doesn't stop our Top "tradition".

War Flamingo !!

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

One that is universally accepted and spread by students, not some random people on a message board who think they can just create a tradition.

WF might have been borne out of similar circumstances as other silly traditions, but the fact it didn't take off when it happened (in 2007) means it didn't work. Time to just enjoy what we have until something is created or borne out of an organic process.

Aren't some of the "Random people on a message board" students, or past students? I'm not saying yea or nay, but the "a tradition must meet a certain standard" argument is flawed in it's nature.

True. Ok, in other words, this didn't take off when it officially started, so it shouldn't be forced. I've looked up a lot of big traditions, and many of them were borne out of a big event (bigger than someone beating someone else who was bigger than them), and the student body embraced it immediately and it became a war cry or a tradition throughout the school, not just one sport.

Heres something to burst your bubble...

I didn't start the War Flamingo back in 2007. I was already out of school and working. I just heard about it(on the other side of the world btw) and ran with it! Bought one, and the next USF game I was able to go to(I believe it was the FAU road game in 2007) I brought my first one.

I will continually bring the flamingo whether some of you like it or not.

Its never going to die for me...I had heard the story on facebook...then actually saw it on my streamed WVU game(when moffit had that pat white pick-six) and it changed me.

That Ben Moffit interception alone was the birth of the War Flamingo...

Onward WAR FLAMINGO!!!

LETS SEE THEM VS RUTGERS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

LETS SEE THEM VS RUTGERS!!!

Mine won't be here in time :(

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

I mean i'll be the bad guy who calls it stupid but it really has nothing to do with the university, the football program. It is a superstition at this point and was initially created as parody to the war flamingo. If you want to be a follower of such a ridiculous thing than so be it. It makes no difference to me but I call it like I see it. You won't see a flamingo near me, and you won't be hearing about the war flamingo years from now.