• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingos

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

its stupid...your like the girl in "mean girls" stop trying to make "fetch" happen. This is not a thing, never will be, you guys made it up and its your thing. Its not a university thing.

What exactly is a "University thing"?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

One that is universally accepted and spread by students, not some random people on a message board who think they can just create a tradition.

WF might have been borne out of similar circumstances as other silly traditions, but the fact it didn't take off when it happened (in 2007) means it didn't work. Time to just enjoy what we have until something is created or borne out of an organic process.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

its stupid...your like the girl in "mean girls" stop trying to make "fetch" happen. This is not a thing, never will be, you guys made it up and its your thing. Its not a university thing.

"This is not a thing"

"Its your thing"

Is it or is it not a thing? Your statement confuses me. Why don't you just let those of us that want to participate do it? I think that people accept that this isn't a university tradition. However, this is something that those who are interested would like to become a tradition. Its random. Its stupid. It makes no sense. Its something fun that some want to do.

With that said, I ordered my flamingo a couple days ago and hope to get it in time for the Rutgers game. I hope to use it to identify myself as a member of TBP.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

One that is universally accepted and spread by students, not some random people on a message board who think they can just create a tradition.

WF might have been borne out of similar circumstances as other silly traditions, but the fact it didn't take off when it happened (in 2007) means it didn't work. Time to just enjoy what we have until something is created or borne out of an organic process.

Aren't some of the "Random people on a message board" students, or past students? I'm not saying yea or nay, but the "a tradition must meet a certain standard" argument is flawed in it's nature.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

A school tradition isn't suppose to be SELF SERVING for one individual. War Flamingo failed in week one when not one was spotted at the UTC game. It reminded me of the frats only showing up for ESPN games in basketball over the years. Why didn't the frat boys show up for other games supporting their university? For one, they got nothing out of it... no face time on tv, no free t-shirt, etc. War Flamingo was gaining steam and approval coming into the UTC game... many of us figured why not give it a chance. Instead, we had total Flamingo Failure. Just my two cents.

Pretty no one outside of this message board knew about this.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Aren't some of the "Random people on a message board" students, or past students? I'm not saying yea or nay, but the "a tradition must meet a certain standard" argument is flawed in it's nature.

True. Ok, in other words, this didn't take off when it officially started, so it shouldn't be forced. I've looked up a lot of big traditions, and many of them were borne out of a big event (bigger than someone beating someone else who was bigger than them), and the student body embraced it immediately and it became a war cry or a tradition throughout the school, not just one sport.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

A school tradition isn't suppose to be SELF SERVING for one individual. War Flamingo failed in week one when not one was spotted at the UTC game. It reminded me of the frats only showing up for ESPN games in basketball over the years. Why didn't the frat boys show up for other games supporting their university? For one, they got nothing out of it... no face time on tv, no free t-shirt, etc. War Flamingo was gaining steam and approval coming into the UTC game... many of us figured why not give it a chance. Instead, we had total Flamingo Failure. Just my two cents.

It's not easy to create a spontaneous tradition ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

"This is not a thing"

"Its your thing"

Is it or is it not a thing? Your statement confuses me. Why don't you just let those of us that want to participate do it? I think that people accept that this isn't a university tradition. However, this is something that those who are interested would like to become a tradition. Its random. Its stupid. It makes no sense. Its something fun that some want to do.

With that said, I ordered my flamingo a couple days ago and hope to get it in time for the Rutgers game. I hope to use it to identify myself as a member of TBP.

seinfeld.gif

Not sure what the big deal is about those that want to do it, doing it ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

War Flamingo, y'all!!!!!!!!!!