• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

that was an old article and apparently you failed to read a complete sentence where it went on to say that in the 3rd year of that same contract would pay him 1.3 mil. either way you all are fighting over pennies without seeing the big picture point. we got guys making 230K and expect to play ont he field with guys making 900K+

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

that was an old article and apparently you failed to read a complete sentence where it went on to say that in the 3rd year of that same contract would pay him 1.3 mil. either way you all are fighting over pennies without seeing the big picture point. we got guys making 230K and expect to play ont he field with guys making 900K+

Hello... this is 2012 not 2014!

The contract has not been finalized, but it is expected to pay Chavis approximately $900,000 this year (2012), $1.1 million in 2013 and $1.3 million in 2014.

Holtz,s base pay is now $2,000,000.

TAMPA — USF announced Friday new six-year contracts for its two most prominent coaches, football's Skip Holtz and men's basketball's Stan Heath, that run through the 2017-18 school year.

Holtz will earn a base salary of $2 million a year to total $12 million over the six years.

Edited by mviusa

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Hello... this is 2011 not 2014!

The contract has not been finalized, but it is expected to pay Chavis approximately $900,000 this year (2012), $1.1 million in 2013 and $1.3 million in 2014.

Holtz,s base pay is now $2,000,000.

TAMPA — USF announced Friday new six-year contracts for its two most prominent coaches, football's Skip Holtz and men's basketball's Stan Heath, that run through the 2017-18 school year.

Holtz will earn a base salary of $2 million a year to total $12 million over the six years.

You and Bull94 are definitely twin sons from different mothers ...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Bull94, gee, been watching for 3 years, eh?

Hell, that same year, we "struggled" against WKU (35-13) in their first year of FBS level football and managed to beat FSU 2 weeks later. We didn't exactly kick Wofford's teeth in either when we won 40-7.

I agree Skip doesn't have the killer instinct, but them hanging around wasn't a result of that. Maybe of us being "vanilla" but sadly enough, I think what we saw is what we'll get. (Looked pretty similar to the calls last year.)

what?? this is greek to me. 40-7 isn't kicking teeth in?

Like the previous poster said throwing the ball inside your own 20 with under 2 minutes to play in the half is beyond moronic.

And if he'd handed off 3 times there you'd have been ******** about not gong for the throat of an inferior opponent, because ******** is what you do .... Why anybody even bothers to try to engage you on stuff like this is mind boggling.

I won't say which is right or wrong. I kind of like the practice of a 2-minute drill there, but, the handoff on first down kind of defeats that purpose.

Anyway, this is a huge difference between our coaches. The ONLY time I can remember Leavitt going for a score in a meaningless game at the end of a half was UCF in 2007. We were already drubbing them and Grothe/Johnson talked him into going for the throat. Other than that, Leavitt was very conservative in games like this one. He extended the clock and tried to reduce opportunities for getting guys hurt.

Skip has consistently done this. If/when it works out, we'll all be happy. And quite honestly, yesterday didn't matter, but, do you remember the Florida game when we were pretty much in control until Skip decided to let BJ start throwing the ball toward the end of the half? We had been running the ball very very well and then all of the sudden, he decided that we should go for the dagger at the end of the half and it backfired.

To me, Skip has this year to prove to me that he is what this program needs. But, I will say that he is probably a bit handcuffed with BJ. When he's using his legs and his full arsenal, he's a decent QB, but, I think he has a mentality of 'I need to be a big time passer' and it gets him in a lot of trouble. Maybe it's nerves, maybe he gets so excited about his opportunity to shine that he implodes. I don't know, but, I was hoping that it had changed this year and I am not seeing it. Ultimately, the interception wasn't a horrible decision, he just stared down Landi too long, then under threw the ball. Not a good combo.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

again- this team had one of Georgia's top defensive linemen on its squad. and i dont know everyone else's story but gone are the days where teams are walkovers.

Apparently North Carolina, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State and UCF didn't read your memo.

Edited by mviusa

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  0

again- this team had one of Georgia's top defensive linemen on its squad. and i dont know everyone else's story but gone are the days where teams are walkovers.

Apparently North Carolina, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Kansas State and UCF didn't read your memo.

Yeah but Pitt, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Arkansas, UF, Wisconsin, Texas, Stanford, Cal, Houston, Penn St, Iowa, and Arizona all got the memo.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,643
  • Days Won:  29

Look around the nation, ranked teams looked worse than us.

It one game ... Far from worried - yet!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just going to post this.... Hell, Florida trailed at one point

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just going to post this.... Hell, Florida trailed at one point

Buffalo was in the game against #6 UGA for the first half. Its week one. Everyone needs to chill, lol.

it wasn't the outcome of the game that bothered me. it was the fact that holtz doesn't go for the throat and that Fitch has no creativity. Those are recurring problems. That's their nature. it's why we lost so many close games in the 4th quarter last year.

the object on offense is to score on every possession. we seem to get leads on teams and then sit on them. we averaged less than 3 ypc and ran it 31 times. we barely had 300 yards of total offense.