• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94- do you realize how long WVU left Geno Smith in today? he threw his 4th TD to make it 62-20 in the 4th qtr after Geno was 32-36 for 326 yards.

you let your Seniors play the game. you dont fear injury. you might have been a bull since 1994 but it sounds like you started watching football at 4pm.

ha ha we weren't up 62-20. we HAD to play them late because skip doesn't know how to close out a game. if Geno breaks a leg then they look like idiots just because they want to run it up on an instate rival. remember when grothe got hurt in 3rd quarter of a meaningless game?? I have been watching that long. how about you?

Bull94- do you realize how long WVU left Geno Smith in today? he threw his 4th TD to make it 62-20 in the 4th qtr after Geno was 32-36 for 326 yards.

you let your Seniors play the game. you dont fear injury. you might have been a bull since 1994 but it sounds like you started watching football at 4pm.

ha ha we weren't up 62-20. we HAD to play them late because skip doesn't know how to close out a game. if Geno breaks a leg then they look like idiots just because they want to run it up on an instate rival. remember when grothe got hurt in 3rd quarter of a meaningless game?? I have been watching that long. how about you?

well Matt. do you remember when grothe got hurt in the 3rd quarter of a meaningless game?? did you just start watching football at 4 pm???

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't that spectacular of a game and I wasn't impressed. I was hoping to see a better USF squad than I did. But we're 1-0 and this game won't matter past next week. Let's go get Nevada!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It was the first game of the year so soometimes execution isn't sharp. A lot of top teams struggled against lesser teams.

That being said things the coaching staff does sometimes is baffling and sometimes needlessly puts the team in positions they shouldn't be in. Discipline also falls on the coaches.

There was no reason BJ should be dropping back when you're up by 18 and 1:14 left in the half. Run out the clock and put the game away early 2nd half.

I hope for the best, but I'm not convinced this staff can take us to the next level.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i remember when Marquell Blackwell was throwing darts to DeAndrew Rubin. and yes- we all remember Grothe getting hurt but it was a freak play. You can't set the mindframe that you want to protect from injury. You play the game as you know how to play it. Grothe could have easily gotten hurt in the 1st qtr of the FSU game. It was just a play we have run 1,000 times before his injury

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Bull94, gee, been watching for 3 years, eh?

Hell, that same year, we "struggled" against WKU (35-13) in their first year of FBS level football and managed to beat FSU 2 weeks later. We didn't exactly kick Wofford's teeth in either when we won 40-7.

I agree Skip doesn't have the killer instinct, but them hanging around wasn't a result of that. Maybe of us being "vanilla" but sadly enough, I think what we saw is what we'll get. (Looked pretty similar to the calls last year.)

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I hope for the best, but I'm not convinced this staff can take us to the next level.

by the next level i assume you mean Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, FSU, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, etc Status.

do you realize that there are OCs in those programs making as much money as Skip Holtz and they have water boys who probably make more than our position coaches? Money rules and USF is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to that category.

we have GREAT coaches for where we are as a program. It baffles me that some of our fans really think we are equal with some of these bigger programs who were winning National Titles before our school even broke ground....as a school...not even a football program.

Bull94, gee, been watching for 3 years, eh?

Hell, that same year, we "struggled" against WKU (35-13) in their first year of FBS level football and managed to beat FSU 2 weeks later. We didn't exactly kick Wofford's teeth in either when we won 40-7.

I agree Skip doesn't have the killer instinct, but them hanging around wasn't a result of that. Maybe of us being "vanilla" but sadly enough, I think what we saw is what we'll get. (Looked pretty similar to the calls last year.)

what?? this is greek to me. 40-7 isn't kicking teeth in?

BJ was 13 of 15 for 200+ and 3 TDs. Holtz let them hang around all game. Like the previous poster said throwing the ball inside your own 20 with under 2 minutes to play in the half is beyond moronic. remember how we did that against Uf? WVU? and one other? it's a trend with these guys. they won't do it all game but inside our own 20 with under 2 to play they want to get aggressive. it's beyond stupid.

by the next level i assume you mean Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, FSU, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, etc Status.

do you realize that there are OCs in those programs making as much money as Skip Holtz and they have water boys who probably make more than our position coaches? Money rules and USF is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to that category.

we have GREAT coaches for where we are as a program. It baffles me that some of our fans really think we are equal with some of these bigger programs who were winning National Titles before our school even broke ground....as a school...not even a football program.

show me one offensive coordinator that makes $2M per year in college. you are so full of it. nobody is expecting a national ttle. only better than 1 win in big east. or maybe even a respectable showing with 16 returning starters against a cupcake.

we have a top 35 paid head coach. number 1 or 2 in BE. that ******** excuse stopped being viable about 4 or 5 years ago.

Edited by Bull94

It was the first game of the year so soometimes execution isn't sharp. A lot of top teams struggled against lesser teams.

That being said things the coaching staff does sometimes is baffling and sometimes needlessly puts the team in positions they shouldn't be in. Discipline also falls on the coaches.

There was no reason BJ should be dropping back when you're up by 18 and 1:14 left in the half. Run out the clock and put the game away early 2nd half.

excellent post. I agree all around.