• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VH3 commits to UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The only I really didn't like about his announcement was that he crapped all over Nate Willis commit. Nate is a really good CB and we did really well to win him in a national sweepstakes. Let's keep our eyes on the ones we got and not the ones that got away(was that to New Agey, MB?) :vikinghorns:

You don't fish do you ? The one that got away.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think Skip and crew are doing well in recruiting right now but I still feel like we should be doing much much better. I'm really bitter VH3 i not coming here and that UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right.

There are so many things wrong in those 2 sentances, I don't know where to start.
  • Vernon's sister goes to UF. He might be going just to keep a benevolent eye on her.
  • Maybe he like's Muschamp's defensive wizardry. Can't see it, but it's a fair argument.
  • "UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right". Give me a break. they are picking up players we don't want, while we drag national caliber talent out of Orlando. You are truly buying into the propaganda. They got a 7-on-7 team to come aboard with guys we were never that interested in and recruited twins which we would have only taken one of. They burned a scholly to get a kid at a position that we are stacked at right now.I am perfectly content to have them get all those Tampa kids, up to and including Bailey. They don't fit into the caliber of our program or they would have been recruited early and they would be USF commits.
  • This is the best USF recruiting season I have ever seen. I am so not worried about UCF getting some kids from Tampa. Will just make it sweeter when we get to 5-0 against them.

Cue the trolls.

then you haven't seen many recruiting seasons.

to suggest that team tampa kids do not fit into the 'caliber of our program' is laughable, they were recruited early

but i do agree with you i'm not really concerned about the players UCF nabbed out of tampa thus far... however bailey is a game changer

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The only I really didn't like about his announcement was that he crapped all over Nate Willis commit. Nate is a really good CB and we did really well to win him in a national sweepstakes. Let's keep our eyes on the ones we got and not the ones that got away(was that to New Agey, MB?) :vikinghorns:

You don't fish do you ? The one that got away.

My buddy caught a 6 1/2' foot Blacktip last night. My dog was ready to take it on.(100 lb Weimaraner). Would have been a wild ass fight.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

No. Both received USF offers. http://www.tampabay....ting-ucf/14256/

Actually they had it wrong there... sort of.... he claimed he got an offer.... the coaching staff as well as both the 247 guys and rivals guys said he never got one.

In this case I'm going to believe the staff over a player that really wanted an offer.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

Actually they had it wrong there... sort of.... he claimed he got an offer.... the coaching staff as well as both the 247 guys and rivals guys said he never got one.

In this case I'm going to believe the staff over a player that really wanted an offer.

When did the coaching staff say that? Hopefully e wouldn't lie, but I guess it wouldn't shock me.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think Skip and crew are doing well in recruiting right now but I still feel like we should be doing much much better. I'm really bitter VH3 i not coming here and that UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right.

There are so many things wrong in those 2 sentances, I don't know where to start.
  • Vernon's sister goes to UF. He might be going just to keep a benevolent eye on her.
  • Maybe he like's Muschamp's defensive wizardry. Can't see it, but it's a fair argument.
  • "UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right". Give me a break. they are picking up players we don't want, while we drag national caliber talent out of Orlando. You are truly buying into the propaganda. They got a 7-on-7 team to come aboard with guys we were never that interested in and recruited twins which we would have only taken one of. They burned a scholly to get a kid at a position that we are stacked at right now.I am perfectly content to have them get all those Tampa kids, up to and including Bailey. They don't fit into the caliber of our program or they would have been recruited early and they would be USF commits.
  • This is the best USF recruiting season I have ever seen. I am so not worried about UCF getting some kids from Tampa. Will just make it sweeter when we get to 5-0 against them.

Cue the trolls.

to suggest that team tampa kids do not fit into the 'caliber of our program' is laughable, they were recruited early

but i do agree with you i'm not really concerned about the players UCF nabbed out of tampa thus far... however bailey is a game changer

Many more than you have whippersnapper. Maybe caliber was able to be misinterpreted, character is a more accurate term.. Go troll someone over at Scout, k? Oh, no one left to bother there?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

When did the coaching staff say that? Hopefully e wouldn't lie, but I guess it wouldn't shock me.

They told both the 247 and rivals guys after sling and shoot.... not a big deal in the long run... kid was just trying to get his 1 school instead of the community college in Orlando... can't blame him. :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Cue the trolls.

Many more than you have whippersnapper. Maybe caliber was able to be misinterpreted, character is a more accurate term.. Go troll someone over at Scout, k? Oh, no one left to bother there?

you telling someone to troll is ironic.

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Another school that may be getting in the mix soon: UCF. Shaquem said coaches there have told him "good things are coming"

Hmm .... I wonder what those "good things" were. Sounds like someone didn't learn their lesson about recruiting violations. B)

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

And in the article in the paper today, it wasn't mentioned they had an offer from USF, which you know if they had one, the Times would have made a point of it.