• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VH3 commits to UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

No. Both received USF offers. http://www.tampabay....ting-ucf/14256/

Actually they had it wrong there... sort of.... he claimed he got an offer.... the coaching staff as well as both the 247 guys and rivals guys said he never got one.

In this case I'm going to believe the staff over a player that really wanted an offer.

When did the coaching staff say that? Hopefully e wouldn't lie, but I guess it wouldn't shock me.

They told both the 247 and rivals guys after sling and shoot.... not a big deal in the long run... kid was just trying to get his 1 school instead of the community college in Orlando... can't blame him. :roflmao:

We all know that the USF coaching staff doesn't speak publicly about prospects. This crap needs to stop now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

We all know that the USF coaching staff doesn't speak publicly about prospects. This crap needs to stop now.

I didn't think any coaches from any schools could mention prospective recruits by name ...

If Vernon (dad) can't get his son to commit here then I question his ability to recruit. We already know he can't coach Special Teams.

Just when you think the idiocy has subsided ...

This has pretty much run its' course on the Main Board.

• Upvote 1

If Vernon (dad) can't get his son to commit here then I question his ability to recruit. We already know he can't coach Special Teams.

My bad, I'll make sure to run my posts through you for review before posting.

That would be great but, honestly, it's really not necessary ...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

No. Both received USF offers. http://www.tampabay....ting-ucf/14256/

Actually they had it wrong there... sort of.... he claimed he got an offer.... the coaching staff as well as both the 247 guys and rivals guys said he never got one.

In this case I'm going to believe the staff over a player that really wanted an offer.

When did the coaching staff say that? Hopefully e wouldn't lie, but I guess it wouldn't shock me.

They told both the 247 and rivals guys after sling and shoot.... not a big deal in the long run... kid was just trying to get his 1 school instead of the community college in Orlando... can't blame him. :roflmao:

Yes, it does. First of all, who goes to USF rivals? Scout reported it, too. Anyway, coaches can not talk about recruits, so if the recruiting sites find out this information it's not directly from coaches. If it is, and you want USF to get sanctions, then by all means keep reporting premium information from pay sites on this board.

we didn't get james wilder jr either, and that ******* hasn't done much for fsu but end up at jail.

doesn't mean vh3 will pan out either #justsayin

He also could be riding the bench for a couple of years. He will find out soon enough that the othe CB's they have are all just about as talented, with many of them having more seniority.

UF doesn't have anyone on their roster ranked as highly as VH3. He's talented and intelligent. He would play at probably any school in the country as a freshman.

In fact, what is more surprising about this is that he's always said he wanted to play for a winner, and UF was 7-6 last year. Not much better than USF. Granted, they played a tougher schedule, but their best win was against OSU in the bowl game or Vandy earlier in the season so they made that bowl game instead of Vandy. Both teams struggled.

Their coach is still relatively new and takes time to transition. I expect UF to be much better within next 2 years

I expect USF to be much better this year. Right now the programs aren't much different, and VH3 is by far their best commit so far, as he would be at most programs. He could easily have fit in just as well at USF.

Mike Jenkins was a Super Prep All American and turned down Nebraska and other big time football schools to play for little USF. That didn't prevent him from becoming a first round draft pick in the NFL.

VHIII didn't just become good overnight. He owes a lot to his dad and other USF coaches, including Skip Holtz, for his DEVELOPMENT.

So, now instead of paying back and helping USF to build the program with players on his Team Tampa, he doesn't even put us in his top 5 schools at the end and then chooses UF.

Why should I care about him at this point?

You shouldn't, that's the point.

By posting about his leaving, you show that you do care.

"The opposite of love is not hate, as they are very similar emotions. The opposite of love is indifference"

I haven't posted here in awhile, so I'm not familiar with you, but so far I love your quotes. Keep those coming. This quote reminds me of the Beatles song "For No One" and the relatively new song from Gotye, "Somebody I Used to Know." "I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough." It is so true that indifference, not hate, is the opposite of love.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Mike Jenkins was a Super Prep All American and turned down Nebraska and other big time football schools to play for little USF. That didn't prevent him from becoming a first round draft pick in the NFL.

VHIII didn't just become good overnight. He owes a lot to his dad and other USF coaches, including Skip Holtz, for his DEVELOPMENT.

So, now instead of paying back and helping USF to build the program with players on his Team Tampa, he doesn't even put us in his top 5 schools at the end and then chooses UF.

Why should I care about him at this point?

You shouldn't, that's the point.

By posting about his leaving, you show that you do care.

"The opposite of love is not hate, as they are very similar emotions. The opposite of love is indifference"

I haven't posted here in awhile, so I'm not familiar with you, but so far I love your quotes. Keep those coming. This quote reminds me of the Beatles song "For No One" and the relatively new song from Gotye, "Somebody I Used to Know." "I don't even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough." It is so true that indifference, not hate, is the opposite of love.

LOL thanks.

Come over to the Mad Cow, you may not like the quotes so much...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Heck they moved my Girls of the Summer Olympics, maybe the best thread I ever started. Let me think Brett McMurphy or beautiful women, hmmmm tough choice.

My bad, I'll make sure to run my posts through you for review before posting.

That would be great but, honestly, it's really not necessary ...

Then for efficiency sake, can you send me a list of approved facts, errr...opinions, that I can choose from? In all seriousness I thought having his dad on the staff would have made more of a difference. Who is coaching special teams this year?

It's not a matter of approved or disapproved opinions ... you throw your opinion out there, there's a good chance it too will be garner an opinion. It's the nature of the beast.

The fact that that his dad is on the staff could have made more of a difference, but it didn't, for whatever reason. There are so many factors that go into these kids' decision that trying to psychoanalyze the process is virtually impossible. Him not choosing USF in his top 5 doesn't mean that USF is a bad destination or his dad is a bad recruiter .... just means that it wasn't what III was looking for.