• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VH3 commits to UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I think Skip and crew are doing well in recruiting right now but I still feel like we should be doing much much better. I'm really bitter VH3 i not coming here and that UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think Skip and crew are doing well in recruiting right now but I still feel like we should be doing much much better. I'm really bitter VH3 i not coming here and that UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right.

There are so many things wrong in those 2 sentances, I don't know where to start.

• Vernon's sister goes to UF. He might be going just to keep a benevolent eye on her.
  • Maybe he like's Muschamp's defensive wizardry. Can't see it, but it's a fair argument.
  • "UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right". Give me a break. they are picking up players we don't want, while we drag national caliber talent out of Orlando. You are truly buying into the propaganda. They got a 7-on-7 team to come aboard with guys we were never that interested in and recruited twins which we would have only taken one of. They burned a scholly to get a kid at a position that we are stacked at right now.I am perfectly content to have them get all those Tampa kids, up to and including Bailey. They don't fit into the caliber of our program or they would have been recruited early and they would be USF commits.
  • This is the best USF recruiting season I have ever seen. I am so not worried about UCF getting some kids from Tampa. Will just make it sweeter when we get to 5-0 against them.

Cue the trolls.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

There are so many things wrong in those 2 sentances, I don't know where to start.
  • Vernon's sister goes to UF. He might be going just to keep a benevolent eye on her.
  • Maybe he like's Muschamp's defensive wizardry. Can't see it, but it's a fair argument.
  • "UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard left and right". Give me a break. they are picking up players we don't want, while we drag national caliber talent out of Orlando. You are truly buying into the propaganda. They got a 7-on-7 team to come aboard with guys we were never that interested in and recruited twins which we would have only taken one of. They burned a scholly to get a kid at a position that we are stacked at right now.I am perfectly content to have them get all those Tampa kids, up to and including Bailey. They don't fit into the caliber of our program or they would have been recruited early and they would be USF commits.
  • This is the best USF recruiting season I have ever seen. I am so not worried about UCF getting some kids from Tampa. Will just make it sweeter when we get to 5-0 against them.

Cue the trolls.

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Cue the trolls.

Almost 1/2 of the UCiF commits also had USF offers INCLUDING the twins and of those commits all are under the USF area "umbrella"

So my deductions is yes UCiF is picking kids out of our backyard and yes they are the kids USF is also recruiting.

So by my count my only wrong in those 2 sentences is that I typed "i" instead of "is"

This is a lot about a school thing.

Kids don't want to go to school 30 minutes from home. It just doesn't happen much. I live about 40 minutes from USF and I am the ONLY one of my friends that went to USF. Multiple friends went to UCF, a few to FSU and UF, one good one to UT. That's how it is all over. That's just how it is. THis umbrella we talk about is stupid and unrealistic. We can't jsut put a brick wall around the Tampa Bay because we think we're so much better than UCF. Sometimes, they wanna go a bit away from home.

This kind of explains it all. Last minute offer, back up QB, you just finished HS with virtually no D-1 offers , what are you gonna do next?

Edited by Bullwinkle

You need to keep in mind, that all of these purported offers are coming from pay sites dependent on 17 year olds trying to pump up their marketability. The universities are forbidden to make any comments about potential recruits.. So you are drawing broad conclusions from a really biased viewpoint. Half of these purported "offers" are limited or non-existent. If we got commits from 1/4 of of the "offers" we had out we would have 100 commits.So what we have is priorities and players who fall into a variety of other categories.

• Wait and see, if we don't don't get this other guy, you might get a commitable offer
  • guys who we offer, that really don't have any interest, for a variety of reasons, in USF
  • Guys who we offer early, who don't pan out in camps or additional playing time.
  • players who had an offer but who have other issues(i.e. Jail time, bad grades etal)
  • players who had an offer until we filled it with other talent

And on and on.The idea that Mickey U is "picking" kids out of our backyard in laughable. Media concoction to pump up the theoretical rivalry. Kind of like Binaca saying that Judy Genshaft, the wicked witch of the west, was keeping the poor little kaniggits out of the Big East.it's a bad joke

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Cue the trolls.

Couldn't have said it better Bill

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

If he knew he was a Gator all along, why wouldnt he have kept us in hos top 5 considerimg his relationship with us, i see him as a ball boy at every home game, i just think that was kinda crappy

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Nick... Only one of the twins had a USF offer.... Outside of Bailey (and he's over rated IMO) everyone else they've picked up from the area is a middle tier player... We're still pulling better talent.

No. Both received USF offers. http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/shaquem-griffin-says-he-has-usf-offer-now-he-and-brother-waiting-ucf/14256/