• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pete Dinovo. PSQB, East Lake HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand your sentiment looking at him on paper but what you don't see is the fact that he split time the entire season and didn't play at all a couple games for political reasons. This is exactly why I was so upset with the politics going on last year his numbers would have been much greater under a different coaching staff or a different set of circumstances. My opinion the turnover stat is simply growing pains for a first year qb at an 8a program to be expected. He will be fine at USF all depending on how aggressively he learns the play book and gets comfortable with the system. We need people like you to continue to post negatively about him not only does it keep him humbled but its a great motivational tool. One day when we see the sceptics start to post positively about him we will know we're doing ok. Thanks!!

Oh and be sure ti keep those 4 stars in mind while watching him on the elite 11 in August on espn with the other top 24 qbs in the country he just might surprise you... 

He really is a good qbs has tremendous room to grow though but with the help of the coaching staff i think his potential is as high or higher than most qbs in the country.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that AW is a competitor. am so tired of seeing BJ Daniels laughing and joking with the other team after an interception when they are kicking our butts. It is as if he doesn't care about winning most of the time and it really pains the fans to watch. Grothe would run over UCF players and then spike the ball in their face after scoring the touchdown...accidentally of course.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

South Florida probably didn't chase DiNovo because until he won that tournament he wasn't all that interesting a quarterback prospect. Heck I still don't really think he is. Central Florida was chasing him the entire time because that's the level quarterback prospect he was, and then he goes out and wins that tournament and that's just their good luck.

I think Mama Bull you said it best, as long as South Florida has a secure commitment from Asiantii Woulard then what does it matter? USF has Matt Floyd if they want a game manager type to compete with and/or push Woulard, and then in 2014 they very well might have Chase Litton.

Have you guys actually looked at Asiantii Woulard's measurables other than his height and recruiting site stars? While he is a physical specimen, he is also shown to be very inconsistent and raw. We need another QB in this class and one with the stats to actually indicate that he can be highly successful throwing the ball (i.e. Grothe, Blackwell, Daniels). Woulard's a project, that's my 2 cents.

Why are we recruiting raw high school talent when we could be recruiting NFL starting QBs?

Hahaha, yes!

+1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

when has he shown inconsistency to you?

what QB in the state would you rather have?

Woulard, O'Korn, Benker, and Boehem are all QB's we recruited and I would take over Dinovo. The kid won a 7 on 7 with a team stacked with D1 talent all around him but really other than that isn't a very interesting prospect. His offer sheet should tell you that much, especially when UCF was probably his only committable offer of note.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

when has he shown inconsistency to you?

what QB in the state would you rather have?

Woulard, O'Korn, Benker, and Boehem are all QB's we recruited and I would take over Dinovo. The kid won a 7 on 7 with a team stacked with D1 talent all around him but really other than that isn't a very interesting prospect. His offer sheet should tell you that much, especially when UCF was probably his only committable offer of note.

comment was directed at hb... I was asking which QB in the state he would prefer OVER AW.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

South Florida probably didn't chase DiNovo because until he won that tournament he wasn't all that interesting a quarterback prospect. Heck I still don't really think he is. Central Florida was chasing him the entire time because that's the level quarterback prospect he was, and then he goes out and wins that tournament and that's just their good luck.

I think Mama Bull you said it best, as long as South Florida has a secure commitment from Asiantii Woulard then what does it matter? USF has Matt Floyd if they want a game manager type to compete with and/or push Woulard, and then in 2014 they very well might have Chase Litton.

Have you guys actually looked at Asiantii Woulard's measurables other than his height and recruiting site stars? While he is a physical specimen, he is also shown to be very inconsistent and raw. We need another QB in this class and one with the stats to actually indicate that he can be highly successful throwing the ball (i.e. Grothe, Blackwell, Daniels). Woulard's a project, that's my 2 cents.

I almost cause a distrubance at wrk laughing so loud at this. I think Chad is the ast QB we have have who was highly successful throwing the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't begrudge him for picking UCF. Especially now, after Woulard was named the MVP at the Elite 11 camp.

Having said that, he has now become a major recruiting tool for UCF and is taking many local players there on visits.

Therefore, I hope that USF coaches lets it be known to him that he is no longer welcome here.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I can understand your sentiment looking at him on paper but what you don't see is the fact that he split time the entire season and didn't play at all a couple games for political reasons. This is exactly why I was so upset with the politics going on last year his numbers would have been much greater under a different coaching staff or a different set of circumstances. My opinion the turnover stat is simply growing pains for a first year qb at an 8a program to be expected. He will be fine at USF all depending on how aggressively he learns the play book and gets comfortable with the system. We need people like you to continue to post negatively about him not only does it keep him humbled but its a great motivational tool. One day when we see the sceptics start to post positively about him we will know we're doing ok. Thanks!!

Oh and be sure ti keep those 4 stars in mind while watching him on the elite 11 in August on espn with the other top 24 qbs in the country he just might surprise you...

He really is a good qbs has tremendous room to grow though but with the help of the coaching staff i think his potential is as high or higher than most qbs in the country.

You weren't lying. I can't wait to watch the Elite 11!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't begrudge him for picking UCF. Especially now, after Woulard was named the MVP at the Elite 11 camp.

Having said that, he has now become a major recruiting tool for UCF and is taking many local players there on visits.

Therefore, I hope that USF coaches lets it be known to him that he is no longer welcome here.

Angering or irritating recruits that have yet to sign a LOI is somehow going to help our recruiting? I believe that strategy would likely be far more destructive than constructive.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Angering or irritating recruits that have yet to sign a LOI is somehow going to help our recruiting? I believe that strategy would likely be far more destructive than constructive.

I was kind of wondering that meant .... that we should put a retraining order on him?