• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pete Dinovo. PSQB, East Lake HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

@joshnewberg247: Pete DiNovo was torn last night between #UCF/#USF..he called both staffs this morning and committed to #UCF. Felt thats where he was needed.

I can't fault that logic.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's hard for me to feel real bad about losing this particular prospect. Now that I say that he's going to be the next Phil Rivers or something of course, but this is your definition unorthodox-but-effective type of player at the position.

I mean, watching him stroke the ball, mechanically it seems to me he's all over the place. For one thing he's a pusher not a thrower. He comes more behind/under the ball than behind/over it. He's got that low delivery. Yeah, that helps keep the delivery quick, but it's not going to help him get it through his passing lanes. He doesn't point his toe consistently at all, really all over the place on that. His weight transfer is just...I don't even know what to call that but it's consistently inconsistent. Sometimes he gets way too far over his front leg and sometimes he doesn't get over it at all. I don't know what his hand measurements are but you get a feeling he has small hands and doesn't really control the football that well. His footwork is not especially fast and he looked prone to freezing his feet, and/or locking his front leg. I did not find the ball placement or touch to be anything special. He's prone to over-extension which can make his 6'1" or 6'2" frame even shorter. You combine that with the low delivery and there are times he's throwing the ball like a 5'10" guy.

Evidently I missed the furor about this dude over the weekend...but I don't know that South Florida is really missing out if he does choose UCF. Like I said this is not an exact science so of course I could be wrong, he wouldn't be the first highly unorthodox guy to just have that knack for being effective on the football field...but I'm not losing sleep over this one.

The local guy that's a shame to me is James Few who is off to Cornell in 2012. Coach's son, huge GPA, huge SAT scores, super quick feet, great improv, quick delivery, decent arm, great accuracy, a champion...I'm guessing the only reason a lot of schools bowed out with him is he made it clear he wants to go to an Ivy League type school. I doubt he ever even considered South Florida, unfortunately.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

So long as AW stays solid, I really don't care if we land another QB in this class.

We have a bunch of QB's on our roster and at least one of them will give AW competition.

We then will be in a better position to land another top QB in 2014.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We should have offered months ago instead of chasin qbs from virginia tenn. And pennsylvania......he is already recruitin other team tampa players to ucf

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We should have offered months ago instead of chasin qbs from virginia tenn. And pennsylvania......he is already recruitin other team tampa players to ucf

Well, if he really wanted to play for USF, he would have done so. I don't think that a few hours difference between the UCF and USF offers made that much of a difference to him. Of course, he will recruit players from this area. Some of them were already leaning to UCF anyway. Remember, we have been in a BCS conference for some time now and have much more depth than UCF. I'm sure that Dinovo and some of those kids think they will have a better shot at getting on the field earlier there.

Johnny Home town posted this on another board:

"USF has offered more Tampa Bay kids than any other school in the country. UMass and Ball State are the closest. And UCF isn't all that close. Not sure what else it can do, but definitely not, as some have presented it, a matter of USF ignoring local talent.

I wonder, though, is it all about the timing? Seems a big deal is made of that. USF offered Dante Fowler first. How'd that work out? It has offered George Campbell first, does anyone really have a good feeling he'll end up in Tampa just because of that? But more and more people seem to be making an issue of that. I'm wondering how big it is, or how many people are whispering to kids that it is a big deal.

Is Pete DiNovo the bellwether on this?"

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

South Florida probably didn't chase DiNovo because until he won that tournament he wasn't all that interesting a quarterback prospect. Heck I still don't really think he is. Central Florida was chasing him the entire time because that's the level quarterback prospect he was, and then he goes out and wins that tournament and that's just their good luck.

I think Mama Bull you said it best, as long as South Florida has a secure commitment from Asiantii Woulard then what does it matter? USF has Matt Floyd if they want a game manager type to compete with and/or push Woulard, and then in 2014 they very well might have Chase Litton.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

South Florida probably didn't chase DiNovo because until he won that tournament he wasn't all that interesting a quarterback prospect. Heck I still don't really think he is. Central Florida was chasing him the entire time because that's the level quarterback prospect he was, and then he goes out and wins that tournament and that's just their good luck.

I think Mama Bull you said it best, as long as South Florida has a secure commitment from Asiantii Woulard then what does it matter? USF has Matt Floyd if they want a game manager type to compete with and/or push Woulard, and then in 2014 they very well might have Chase Litton.

Have you guys actually looked at Asiantii Woulard's measurables other than his height and recruiting site stars? While he is a physical specimen, he is also shown to be very inconsistent and raw. We need another QB in this class and one with the stats to actually indicate that he can be highly successful throwing the ball (i.e. Grothe, Blackwell, Daniels). Woulard's a project, that's my 2 cents.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

when has he shown inconsistency to you?

what QB in the state would you rather have?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Have you guys actually looked at Asiantii Woulard's measurables other than his height and recruiting site stars? While he is a physical specimen, he is also shown to be very inconsistent and raw. We need another QB in this class and one with the stats to actually indicate that he can be highly successful throwing the ball (i.e. Grothe, Blackwell, Daniels). Woulard's a project, that's my 2 cents.

Do you know anything about recruiting?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why are we recruiting raw high school talent when we could be recruiting NFL starting QBs?