• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I find it curious that 2 institutions who have a lot to lose if they are not leaving the conference, after daily national articles about them leaving, have nothing to say. Isn't that curious? They have pretty significant media relations people. Why so quiet? Where are the definitive denials? If they aren't leaving they could quiet all the noise, by just coming out and saying 4 simple words. We aren't leaving the ACC. So simple.

What I find much less remarkable is that there are so many posters here, who now say "oh well, I knew it all along": They would rather "kill" the messenger than admit they missed it.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Five simple words but who is counting. Question for the board: Say FSU and Clemson leave the ACC tomorrow... Does that help or hurt us??? Discuss.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Five simple words but who is counting. Question for the board: Say FSU and Clemson leave the ACC tomorrow... Does that help or hurt us??? Discuss.

Not unless 3 or 4 other schools left with them. They'd most likely just take UConn/Rutgers or Louisville. And Billwinkle, the majority of posters if not all people here have always thought the FSU/Clemson rumor could possibly be/is true. I don't know why you're having such a hard time realizing this.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Not unless 3 or 4 other schools left with them. They'd most likely just take UConn/Rutgers or Louisville.

Louisville?? They're already headed to the B12 ...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I stand corrected kind sir. Had it in my head a different way first. When Clemson and FSU leave, the ultimate question is, how do the other FB competitive schools deal with it. What happens with GT, VT and others? Does the ACC have schools lined up to stop the bleeding.UL, UConn and Rutgers clearly want out. USF is mute on the subject. Big East schools are certainly concerned about the upcoming contract. The BE played chicken with ESPN and lost once. Can it recover? Is the ACC a viable FB conference without FSU/Clemson? Some of those questions are answered in the minds of some. Some, not so much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

What I find much less remarkable is that there are so many posters here, who now say "oh well, I knew it all along": They would rather "kill" the messenger than admit they missed it.

I think the problem you're having here is that's nothing's been missed because nothing's happened .... so there is no messenger to "kill".

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think the problem you're having here is that's nothing's been missed because nothing's happened .... so there is no messenger to "kill".

Great, we didn't miss anything that never happened so now we can't kill anyone.. There goes my friday

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't know what I'm not supposed to know. Does that mean that I know?

Yes.

How do you know that for sure?

He knows someone

I know someone who knows someone ...

Link?

I'd provide it but then I'd have to blow the board up ...

Bleacher Report.

Bleacher report did read. Then tweeted and posted on a message board

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I guess that's my concern... I think we need more than 2 to leave for any of this to benefit us... I would love to see some movement, but I am afraid this could end up hurting us. I either want everything to stay the same or all hell to break loose. I know we aren't in the best spot, but imagine if it got worse.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

FSU and Clemson will announce they are leaving by Aug to start in Big 12 by 2013 probably around Jul 15.

Expect divisions to be east/ west type. WVU, CU, FSU, ISU, TCU and Baylor. 2 texas teams in each division.

UL and Uconn goes to ACC.

These are the only moves to happen now until ND decides it needs a league and when SEC goes to 16the with VAtech and NCState in ~4 the years.

USF stays in BE until the Va Tech/NCstate leaves ACC but has to beat Cincy out to be Rutgers partner.