• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 Football renewals

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Worst record in many years, raise ticket prices, and then eliminate the personal service that many of us are/were very happy with. ?? I don't own a business, but it seems to be backwards to me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Is this true? They are laying off our ticket reps? WTF? That sucks big time if true.

Unfortunately it is true. Mike Stuben posted it to Facebook...will miss he and John. I hope they find another position for them within Athletics.

Renewed my 3. Hoping to get a 4th next to the other 3.

That's ********....Stuben was amazing....I'm not sure how warmly I'm going to accept an outsourced company....Mike if you read this-thank you

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Received the renewal notice in the mail yesterday. I already renewed my tickets on line. Now I have to call and make sure that there isn't any screw up. My bank statement shows the renewal already paid. Anyone else experience this???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Is this true? They are laying off our ticket reps? WTF? That sucks big time if true.

Unfortunately it is true. Mike Stuben posted it to Facebook...will miss he and John. I hope they find another position for them within Athletics.

Renewed my 3. Hoping to get a 4th next to the other 3.

That's ********....Stuben was amazing....I'm not sure how warmly I'm going to accept an outsourced company....Mike if you read this-thank you

This ... ******* ... sucks ... had Mike back when I began donating to get better seats for hoops, then had Angelo for years and finally John, who has been great for the short while I've had him. This puts a little damper on the great stuff happening over their now ... I swear if I call when I need to add tix this year and get some Hindu called "John", I'm going postal.

• Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I wanted to come on here and thank everyone for all the kind words first and foremost. I have had an amazing journey growing with USF, that started on May 22, 1996 when I was a 20 year old kid and it seems will end on May 1, 2012. I'll walk away with no regrets, tons of great memories and lots of wonderful friends.

I wanted to address of couple of things mentioned here, just to get everyone thinking in the correct terms. Often we hear the term "outsourcing" and it refers to your Ford car being partially built in Mexico or your customer service call going to another English speaking country where labor is cheaper. That is not what is happening here. USF elected to hire another company to come in, bring people to USF who sell tickets. An alumni getting a call to buy tickets may never even realize that the person calling wasn't actually employed by USF Athletics.

I also wanted to encourage everyone to continue their support of USF Athletics. I am a USF grad and season ticket holder, I'm still going to be at all the games, just as a fan now. While I don't have to like or agree with the decision USF made to let me go, it wasn't personal. They acted in what they believed was the best interest in the program. I'll walk away with no ill will towards anyone at USF.

Someone also mentioned John, who by the way, started a couple weeks before me. I think it is absolutely amazing that many fans might have bought season tickets before the first year, kept them every year, and have dealt with the same person for 15 seasons. Industry wide, I think jobs like ours turn over on average in less than a year. Before Angelo left last August, I would kid him about being the rookie of the staff, and he was a 10 year veteran. I have decided that a job with the new company is not right for me, so I know my last day is May 1st. John's last day with USF is the same day, but I don't know if he has decided to seek a job with the new company, so please hold off making any assumptions until he makes his decision.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I am certainly going to be alright. I have expected this day for a while. When Angelo left, and we didn't replace him, it seemed like the writing was on the wall. When I started I was one of 14, today I am one of 2... and that is not a sustainable model. I don't know what I will be doing next, but I am very excited about what my future holds. I am also very sad to see this chapter in my life is closing out.

Thanks again for the kind words on here, and all the great memories I have shared with all of you.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Real kind words. You guys have been nothing short of amazing. You both have helped me a couple different times and I sincerely wish you both the best. Thank you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

Mike, you have never been my agent but always kind and always look forward to seeing you at games/events. Appreciate your explanation of what is going on. Saw you out on the field after the softball game on Sat. and, if we hadn't been waiting for Bill McGillis, was going to search you out to ask about this. Good luck to you in your next endeavor and look forward to seeing you at future USF games and events.

You, Angelo and John were great.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Mike, thanks for coming on and clarifying things. You guys were great and I'm sure will land on your feet. While I'm sure USF is doing what it feels is good for USF, it ... still ... ******* ... sucks. I'm a little apprehensive because I, like probably most on here, don't need a sales rep, I need an account/customer service rep. What I'm envisioning is a boiler room type situation full of commission driven sales people and a high turnover rate with no continuity ..... I'm probably overreacting a wee bit but while I'm still greatly anticipating the select-a-seat process for hoops, a little bit of the luster is off.

• Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Mike, thanks for coming on and clarifying things. You guys were great and I'm sure will land on your feet. While I'm sure USF is doing what it feels is good for USF, it ... still ... ******* ... sucks. I'm a little apprehensive because I, like probably most on here, don't need a sales rep, I need an account/customer service rep. What I'm envisioning is a boiler room type situation full of commission driven sales people and a high turnover rate with no continuity ..... I'm probably overreacting a wee bit but while I'm still greatly anticipating the select-a-seat process for hoops, a little bit of the luster is off.

I don't know if the new sales staff will do any of the customer service type work, (I'm not sure either way), but I can tell you there are lots of good people at USF, who care about our fans and who can help with many of the things I have been doing.

First, don't hesitate to call on the Bulls Club. Eric is very visable on this board, but their whole staff is good, and willing to help.

Also, our box office staff is not effected by this change. Colin, Tony and Adam are all great, and very helpful.

In fact many times when our ticket holders ask for help with things, these are the people I turn too, so now you can just cut out the middle man (me).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Mike, if you haven't already, please let John know that he will be missed. Do you know who we can contact to find out any information about the new service?

Archived