• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Done Deal?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

"I think what (commissioner) John Marinatto just did, he should get a substantial raise for what he just accomplished," Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino said. "Getting Boise State. Getting Houston, SMU. I think that is as good of a job for a commissioner with his back against the wall as I've seen since I've been in athletics. The teams you lost aren't as good in football as the teams you're bringing in."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

"I think what (commissioner) John Marinatto just did, he should get a substantial raise for what he just accomplished," Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino said. "Getting Boise State. Getting Houston, SMU. I think that is as good of a job for a commissioner with his back against the wall as I've seen since I've been in athletics. The teams you lost aren't as good in football as the teams you're bringing in."

Hahahahaha, the only way Potatohead's getting that dough is it Ricky P. gives it to him out of his own pockets.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Hahahahaha, the only way Potatohead's getting that dough is it Ricky P. gives it to him out of his own pockets.

Instead, Rick should take him for a nice dinner at his favorite Italian restaurant. That always works out much nicer.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ADD csu and af not navy

it is shaping up to be a great football conference certianly better than before

i am the luckiest guy that they expanded to california and western usa

one second as soon as papers are signed commish should be fired and we should bring an aggressive progressive negotiator aboard

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

So, looking at things as we stand right now, the current conference is at 8 teams......

+ 5 (UCF, Boise, SDSU, Hou, SMU)

- 3 (WVU, Pitt, Cuse)

----------------

10 teams = no conference title game & divisions

I still seem to think that either WVU will lose their plan with the B12, or we will add 2 more teams in the coming year (Navy?, Air Force?, Temple?, ECU?)

It's pretty much a moot point but I think all conferences should be 10 teams. Everybody plays each other so you get a TRUE conf champ and 3 ooc games ...

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

ADD csu and af not navy

one second as soon as papers are signed commish should be fired and we should bring an aggressive progressive negotiator aboard

Does this mean you'll support the team by attending a game and wearing USF gear?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

ADD csu and af not navy

Does this mean you'll support the team by attending a game and wearing USF gear?

How about donating to the ol' alma mater? It'd be nice for you to put your money where your mouth is. :D

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

So, looking at things as we stand right now, the current conference is at 8 teams......

+ 5 (UCF, Boise, SDSU, Hou, SMU)

- 3 (WVU, Pitt, Cuse)

----------------

10 teams = no conference title game & divisions

I still seem to think that either WVU will lose their plan with the B12, or we will add 2 more teams in the coming year (Navy?, Air Force?, Temple?, ECU?)

The reports from yesterday seem to indicate we are working on adding AF and Navy "in the future."

Read that, too. But . . . feh! I'd say take Memphis and Temple, instead. or Someone else. Not sure what the hold up with the service academies is, and admittedly don't really understand the overall upside of having them and why so many are totally ga ga over them, but how much due diligence can a school actually do? Military funding is being cut, the academies are going to have to get creative to fun athletics, we're offering them more money than they're getting now. And they're still hemming and hawing?

Let's move on and add the next two schools in line and get this done. Place massive, ironclad exit fees, fire up the championship game, and we're set for years.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Great news. We should be ok until the Big 12 decides to go to 12. ;)

Hope we get a call. Word is that WVU has been asking for USF to get added. They liked the rivarly and want the Florida recruiting trips.

Archived