• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Done Deal?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I believe I heard one of the guys from ESPN (Joe Schad maybe?) say that it is more likely that AF and Navy get added in 2014 or 2015. Don't think he gave a reason. Would be nice to have it all in place by 2013, but if they sign on and you know it is going to happen by a certain year I can wait it out. One of the BB coaches from a BE school said he'd rather see Temple and Memphis (instead of AF & Navy) to help strengthen the BB lineup since we lost 3 good teams.

I can't wait it out anymore after the TCU fiasco. We really need to get to 12 as soon as possible so we aren't the only conference with 2 regular season bye weeks and playing meaningless games on the final weekend when all the other conferences are having championship games.

From what I read we will have 10 teams in the 2013 season...

1 - USF

2 - UCF

3 - SMU

4 - Houston

5 - Boise State

6 - SDSU

7 - Rutgers

8 - UConn

9 - Natti

10 - Louisville

Apparently Navy and Air Force are both on the fence and won't commit just yet... according to the "Herd" on ESPN Radio, Navy and AF are holding out hopes that they can bamboozle Army into joining the new Big East... the Big East wants all 3 service academies which would give us 13 teams, 2 new ones in the east and one in the west.

Popular thought is that BYU would be that 14th team, or at least the space is open for them.

Very exciting time...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

In other news, looks like June Jones is leaving SMU for ASU and the announcement may come before the BE news conference. That's a pretty crappy thing for him to do to SMU.
Why is that a crappy thing for him to do to SMU?

Biggest athletic announcement for the school in 30 years and you can't ask ASU to wait one day to announce the hire? Your ego is so big that you have to upstage the school that saved you from obscurity? June Jones was a big name years ago, until he failed in the NFL and had to retreat to Hawaii to get back into football.

Is it so hard to let SMU have one day in return

How do you know Jones didn't ask ASU to wait?

Plus, I disagree that SMU saved Jones from obscurity, he did get Hawaii to a BCS bowl the year before he went to SMU. Other than that, he's still been relatively obscure from a national point of view at SMU.

Archived